Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Zack did not have free reign (where did that come from?)

Justice League had too many cooks in the kitchen and with some of it being documented before release essentially caused the film to be dead on arrival. Snyder DCEU fans didn't want to see it cause of Whedon, talks of a 2 hour max mandate and turning a 2 parter into 1, and the rest didn't want to see it because it sounded like a mess.
WB had a problem with the movie but they just made it worse.
Is what it is :manny:
I'm looking forward to Aquaman, SHAZAM, and Wonder Woman 2
I was referring to Man of Steel. He didn’t have free reign after that.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what your guys expectation was of this film but when I hear about Batman Superman and crew teaming up I think of Excellence you take a look at the preview that we saw for justice league and ask yourself this year any level the same excitement you just saw for Infinity War trailer and that alone will answer the question of what exactly is wrong with the DC Universe

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
In all seriousness a mod needs to step in @Bryan Danielson and @Jack Moove

Ban them from communicating before we have a disaster on this board.

:dahell:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
BvS did eight hundred million world wide. It didn't do what people expected but it didn't bomb

BvS did $873M. Batman and Superman.

Spider-Man Homecoming did $880M. Spider-Man and Iron Man.

So I guess the Spider-Man reboot bombed?

:what:

These dudes don't think

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Whedon only had like 6 months to salvage Justice League. The term “unwatchable” was used to refer to Snyder’s version.

That was from the same bloggers who always hate anything related to Snyder. Not a reputable source. Nobody has seen Snyder's movie because he didn't complete it. Whedon made JL "unwatchable"

Why you think it's DC's lowest grossing film by far. Because nobody wants to watch Whedon's garbage. :russ:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was referring to Man of Steel. He didn’t have free reign after that.
Not even MOS.
Snyder was a director-for-hire, so to speak, on Man of Steel. He came aboard after a few other filmmakers were approached, and after the project had been scripted by David Goyer (from a story developed by Goyer and Christopher Nolan) and was being "godfathered" by Nolan. Snyder was the director, but that project was heavily controlled by the creative team behind the Dark Knight trilogy, so Warner and the producers were not going to allow much creative argument and tinkering. Snyder's major change was convincing Nolan to agree to let Superman snap Zod's neck, a significant moment but one that required discussion and debate and approval.
The True History Of Zack Snyder's Impact On The DCEU's Success

reigun

Superstar
Daps
One of the biggest misconceptions of the DCEU thus far is that Synder was this grand mastermind pulling all the strings, when in truth, the closest we got to seeing "his vision" was BvS.

Which sucks for him because this whole thing has probably done irreparable damage to his reputation as a director. He has a first look deal with WB that last a few more years, I believe, but it could be rough going for him afterward unless he gets another hit.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know why y'all continue to stan Snyder. Man of Steel left a bad taste in people's mouth, BVS was a convoluted mess even tho I enjoyed it, and a I have no doubts that those early reports that said the first cut of Justice League was unwatchable were true. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he had the two most popular superheroes ever at his disposal and failed miserably there's no excuse for that. That's on him not WB :yeshrug:

And say what you want about Whedon but he's proven that he knows how to make large superhero movies work. He also made Superman fun, colorful and exciting which is what he should've been from the jump, not whatever version Snyder was going for in MoS.

But at the end of the day, it's just a movie. Y'all really about to throw hands over this :mjlol:
You know the same WB people that said that the film was unwatchable were the same that ones that thought BvS was good but too long.
So really you are going off a group of people that are so reactionary that they saw something that wasn't like Marvel so that got an ex Marvel director to Marvel up the film.
Like someone mentioned DC Films needs their Kevin Feige. They got rid of Jon Berg and replaced him with Walter Hamada who I read good things about.

Kevin Tsujihara and them boys are still in place, though. They were the ones that didn't want to delay the film so that they could get bonuses. Also he was the one that made the under 2 hours mandate:francis: