Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
trailers was cool, liked the supes part smart to include him and not include "him" at the same time. liked how steponwolf turned dude into his minion or some shyt or incinarated him that has cool. Love the new colors and filters like wow the post production is greater than its ever been cgi looks better too.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
IMG_9253.gif

Why he walking like he got a stick up his ass? :mjlol:
brother gotta take a mean doo-doo!
:draxnmantislaugh:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
fukk up im black and actually read comics . Milestones issues was behind the scenes as. Even though it was a D.C. Imprint I'm pretty sure it was creator owned by duffie and them ( by thr way he left marvel to do imprint due to how he felt they were treating black characters) that caused issues with it . However they let static be a part of the animated D.C. Series which they didn't have to do ! It's not as if he was Spider-Man level popular and it got multiple seasons . Where was the young black marvel cartoon characters show ?? I'll wait . D.C. Is stikk trying to reboot milestone again ( buy the comics I did ) with the original living creators and where's marvels black creator imprint ?? John Stewart is great but he wasn't that popular to noncomic fans before the jl show . He became a huge focal point of the gl universe and even ran the corps . Him and guy have benefited even more than Hal and Kyle in the newer lantern stuff . He's a bad ass marine and architect now .
Cyborg is a cool character and has been since Titans his role in JL is similar to Martian manhunter usually plays but with more of a supporting cast . He's also well known due to all the titan shows . And no green lantern is even in this movie that we know and talk is the movie will feature him and Jordan as a duo . Why did a D.C. Film have a black lead suicide squad before marvel ( even made a white character black ) :francis: let's stop acting like bytches about issues we don't know anything about
Black Panther, Kamala Khan, Sam Wilson have ALL been given huge roles in Avengers cartoon recently.
:howiemarvel:

as well as Miles Morales in the underappreciated Web Warriors cartoon!
(cough cough)
@MartyMcFly
:callmemarvelstan:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC does have a poor track record with their black heroes in the comics.

John Stewart was marginalized for YEARS in Green Lantern comics. Every time they even try to do something interesting with John Stewart it happens in a book that damn near nobody is reading and the big stories always focus on the other Green Lanterns (Hal, Kyle, and Guy) being the hero.

DC doesn't actually own Static, but they jerked the owners of the character around for years, then put out a shytty comic starring the character that was written by a guy that had no faith in the character.

Cyborg was added to the Justice League in the comics, but they didn't actually do anything significant with the character for nearly 3 years. Cyborg was just there and acted as a glorified taxi and bat computer.

Stewart is currently the leader of the entire Green Lantern Corps. A role he TOOK from Hal Jordan and refused to relinquish after doing so. And Hal fell back when Stewart told him he wasn't giving up the reins.

Static is in limbo because of legal issues.

Cyborg imo has yet to have a definitive run. Huge potential. But the character needs one writer to come in and give him a clear direction/purpose. The way Johns did for Hal Jordan. The way Morrison and Snyder did for Batman. People forget what the Batman books were like before Morrison jumped on the main book and Snyder took over Detective Comics.

I understand what you're saying. But I think what you're pointing out reflects a larger problem DC has been trying to course correct for 15-20 years. They have incredible characters, but they don't know what to do with them when they give them solo books, outside of a handful of very talented writers/artists they give the marquee books to. And you can't knock those guys for focusing on their favorite characters if there's not a broader mandate from DC to keep world-building in mind.

Wonder Woman had (imo) the best book of the entire New 52 run. Her sales were finally approaching a level reflective of her status as part of the Trinity. And they basically retconned the entire thing as soon as the writer on the project left.

That's why Rebirth has been so successful. And why Marvel copied the blueprint with Legacy. They knew where the pieces needed to be in advance, and now the writers are moving the characters they shepherd towards the endgame together. Some characters like Atom are solving smaller mysteries in team books. When's the last time Atom had a meaningful role in anything? Identity Crisis? Meanwhile, some characters like Batman are spinning out their own big crossovers like Metal. And it's already been stated that something happens to Cyborg during Metal that changes his role going forward in a major way.

So yeah. I think pointing out that DC has a poor record with black characters overlooks the problems they've had with character-building period. The problem they've had with Stewart is very similar to the one they had with Wally West after Barry Allen came back. Superman has been a train wreck save for the last couple of years. Etc etc. But that's just my opinion.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
8Mt3pZ5PXT3I3keFXkqJi6QptpQtWRS5S76A1omjR6Y.jpg

like i said you dnt know who did what or what add on came later, nikkas wlda sworn that louis scene was whedon or sme shyt, like yall dc nikkas was saiyng whedon's roles is small, the reshoots are small its still a snyder movie.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk up im black and actually read comics . Milestones issues was behind the scenes as. Even though it was a D.C. Imprint I'm pretty sure it was creator owned by duffie and them ( by thr way he left marvel to do imprint due to how he felt they were treating black characters) that caused issues with it . However they let static be a part of the animated D.C. Series which they didn't have to do ! It's not as if he was Spider-Man level popular and it got multiple seasons . Where was the young black marvel cartoon characters show ?? I'll wait . D.C. Is stikk trying to reboot milestone again ( buy the comics I did ) with the original living creators and where's marvels black creator imprint ?? John Stewart is great but he wasn't that popular to noncomic fans before the jl show . He became a huge focal point of the gl universe and even ran the corps . Him and guy have benefited even more than Hal and Kyle in the newer lantern stuff . He's a bad ass marine and architect now .
Cyborg is a cool character and has been since Titans his role in JL is similar to Martian manhunter usually plays but with more of a supporting cast . He's also well known due to all the titan shows . And no green lantern is even in this movie that we know and talk is the movie will feature him and Jordan as a duo . Why did a D.C. Film have a black lead suicide squad before marvel ( even made a white character black ) :francis: let's stop acting like bytches about issues we don't know anything about

You don't know what the hell you;re talking about with a lot of that shyt. Milestone is and was always owned by it's creators, they simply had a publishing deal with DC. Milestone has never been a DC imprint. They could and still can take those characters to any publisher. DC didn't give Milestone shyt, that was something that Dwayne, Denys, Priest, and Michael built themselves from the ground up.

And here's how Dwayne felt about DC and it's relationship to Milestone before his passing:

“Plans for a Static monthly were scrapped by DC last spring,” McDuffie, co-founder of Milestone Media, wrote yesterday on his forum. “Based on their actions, they never really wanted to publish the Milestone stuff, they wasted my time. We could have done a little deal for them to use Static without me having to spend so much money on lawyers.”

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...ed-my-time-with-milestone-deal-mcduffie-says/

They only bothered trying to do a Static series AFTER he passed away to save face, and even then they were making changes to the Milestone lore without the consent of the founders. That's partly why they threw the New52 Static into the bushes, it was a non sanctioned reboot of the character. They also brought on a milestone alum to write that Static book, but never actually let him write the book and instead had an artist that had no faith in the character writing the series.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther, Kamala Khan, Sam Wilson have ALL been given huge roles in Avengers cartoon recently.
:howiemarvel:

as well as Miles Morales in the underappreciated Web Warriors cartoon!
(cough cough)
@MartyMcFly
:callmemarvelstan:

Miles is also about to have his own animated movie released in theaters.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Damn... Did Whedon boost the color on the film... Film looks drastically different from the first trailer.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm not concerned about the invasion, it is what it is. It's cool they are setting up Darkseid but aside from that the final battle will play out like they always do, Snyder has some great looking shots in there that separates him from the rest of the people doing this but it'll still feel about the same as Avengers, Wonder Woman, Winter Soldier, GOTG, etc. with these big CGI battles to close it out.

THAT SAID... I think I'm going to really like the first 3/4 of the movie. Wonder Woman, Batfleck, Aquagawd and Flash are all perfect. Cyborg is whatever. I like how they doing with Superman.

I hope they spend some time showing us the chaos created without heroes. :wow: