Official John Wick: Chapter 2 Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I haven't seen the first one. Is this any good?
It's ok but it gets overrated here something serious. If you have seen taken, Jack reacher and equalizer no way John wick is going blow you away. If anything you'd be kind of burnt out

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I have a bad feeling about this and its reminding me of the whole Taken franchise and how quick that got ruined with useless sequels. Hollywood just has to find every penny to squeeze out of a franchise.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I have a bad feeling about this and its reminding me of the whole Taken franchise and how quick that got ruined with useless sequels. Hollywood just has to find every penny to squeeze out of a franchise.

I think the only thing that could make this an exception to taken is that there was clear world building in John Wick with the hotel and the other assassins, and their relation to law enforcement, etc. So there's more of a hook for more story there whether it be a prequel or a sequel.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think the only thing that could make this an exception to taken is that there was clear world building in John Wick with the hotel and the other assassins, and their relation to law enforcement, etc. So there's more of a hook for more story there whether it be a prequel or a sequel.
Yea I get that the whole assassin underworld can be intriguing (the whole gold coin being used as currency to dispose of bodies, the hotel, and the cast of The Wire poppin up :lolbron:) but I just don't trust Hollywood when it comes to these types of movies. Arent they doing an Equalizer 2 also?

The only recent sequel I had 10000% faith in after it was announced was The Raid 2 Hollywood had no involvement and it was fukkin amazing.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I get that the whole assassin underworld can be intriguing (the whole gold coin being used as currency to dispose of bodies, the hotel, and the cast of The Wire poppin up :lolbron:) but I just don't trust Hollywood when it comes to these types of movies. Arent they doing an Equalizer 2 also?

The only recent sequel I had 10000% faith in after it was announced was The Raid 2 Hollywood had no involvement and it was fukkin amazing.

The main reason I trust it is because it's the same team back together and they clearly designed it with more stories to be told. It's still a low budget flick. It's not going to be produced for enough money to even have so many eyes on it. The smaller your budget, the more autonomy you have. That's why they were shooting for a low budget on the Deadpool movie so they could do what they wanted. I think it'll be fine in that respect.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
really? The undercover story was not only tried but the sub plot between the mobster and his son was a waste of screen time. The fights didn't seem as creatively choreographed as part 1 and let's not mention the step down in tension/momentum which set the original apart from movies of this nature. Part 2 didn't even have a raid :snoop: tried to be something more than it was and failed

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
really? The undercover story was not only tried but the sub plot between the mobster and his son was a waste of screen time. The fights didn't seem as creatively choreographed as part 1 and let's not mention the step down in tension/momentum which set the original apart from movies of this nature. Part 2 didn't even have a raid :snoop: tried to be something more than it was and failed
Agree to disagree

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I can't wait. John Wick with clips bytch everyone in the house get hit - Lil Wayne