OFFICIAL CREOLE THREAD: Hey, Let's Talk About Creoles (Louisiana Creoles)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Faces Of Creoles

creoles2.jpg

visages_creoles_42[1].jpg

augustinefamilyportrait.jpg

bijoux-creoles.jpg

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wifey creole and my son creole.

Most whites don't know what she is though (think she Meditteranean or something exotic) and she's had to quit jobs before because they get so comfortable around her they start talking "Out of Code" and negatively about black people and the usual racism they all have just flows freely.

So she's been a fly on the wall in several instances and knows that in alot of corporate environments when whites feel comfortable amongst each other they just let it ALLLLL go and can be themselves without worrying about being politcallly correct.

There's times these "sweet" older white women who are so polite and loving Have turned into ruthless ass KKK members in front of her eyes.........It's why I auto assume MOST folks racist until they prove without a shadow of a doubt otherwise. We can be cordial and I'll always be a gentlemen but I ain't gonna yuck it up with you or act like we cool when I know there's another layer.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Wifey creole and my son creole.

Most whites don't know what she is though (think she Meditteranean or something exotic) and she's had to quit jobs before because they get so comfortable around her they start talking "Out of Code" and negatively about black people and the usual racism they all have just flows freely.

So she's been a fly on the wall in several instances and knows that in alot of corporate environments when whites feel comfortable amongst each other they just let it ALLLLL go and can be themselves without worrying about being politcallly correct.

There's times these "sweet" older white women who are so polite and loving Have turned into ruthless ass KKK members in front of her eyes.........It's why I auto assume MOST folks racist until they prove without a shadow of a doubt otherwise. We can be cordial and I'll always be a gentlemen but I ain't gonna yuck it up with you or act like we cool when I know there's another layer.
Man that's crazy though. I would love to have a nice Creole chick.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man that's crazy though. I would love to have a nice Creole chick.

Pretty faces, nice round booties and they dumb out in the kitchen......I been through Black, African, West Indian, Asian, Indian, Latinas, Whites and in my opinion it's the best of all worlds.

They all got a lil crazy with em though. ALL of THEM. Some more than others and some of her creole friends are bad as fukk but once you get to know them past the looks them biitches crazy as cat shyt.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Pretty faces, nice round booties and they dumb out in the kitchen......I been through Black, African, West Indian, Asian, Indian, Latinas, Whites and in my opinion it's the best of all worlds.

They all got a lil crazy with em though. ALL of THEM. Some more than others and some of her creole friends are bad as fukk but once you get to know them past the looks them biitches crazy as cat shyt.
I can't believe it lol. Me personally, I love Ethiopian, Kenyan, Nigerian, Ghanaian, West Indian, Native American, Jewish, and Italian chicks.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Well, I just wanted to start this thread off because I found out we didn't have a Creole thread in theroot :wow: The word Creole varies, it's a language and refers to a community of people mixed with French, Native American (could be wrong), and Black. What are your thoughts on Creoles:patrice: I'm just learning about them, so I'm not an expert. BTW, I'm not Creole lol.

P.S. I know about Haitian Creole the language in Haiti that's also bout it.

People get really confused about that term "creole".

I grew up in South La. and currently live in New Orleans.

About 95% of people who consider themselves creole are catholic,
Just because you are fair in complexion you are not considered creole, I know a lot of darker skin folks who are creole.

A lot of the older more well established creole families are concerned with preserving that creole heritage. Some more than others. Whether they admit it or not, a lot of them do seem to think they are different than us, and I use "us" loosely. I was cool with this dude who could pass, his family is from New Orleans and they are almost all "passe blanc"( I'm dark like my grandmother, with wavy black hair) I honestly felt weird around those people, they were nice to me, but I felt like an outsider, especially around the older folks.

My lineage, as far as I know, would be considered creole, but I don't consider myself to be a creole. My maternal grandmother was a light skin creole mix, my great GF was from jamica. My paternal grandparents were indian and black mixed.

Creole means different things to different people, for ex I went to St Lucia on my honeymoon, and all the black people were called creoles, they spoke patois and that seemed to be what made them creole.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
People get really confused about that term "creole".

I grew up in South La. and currently live in New Orleans.

About 95% of people who consider themselves creole are catholic,
Just because you are fair in complexion you are not considered creole, I know a lot of darker skin folks who are creole.

A lot of the older more well established creole families are concerned with preserving that creole heritage. Some more than others. Whether they admit it or not, a lot of them do seem to think they are different than us, and I use "us" loosely. I was cool with this dude who could pass, his family is from New Orleans and they are almost all "passe blanc"( I'm dark like my grandmother, with wavy black hair) I honestly felt weird around those people, they were nice to me, but I felt like an outsider, especially around the older folks.

My lineage, as far as I know, would be considered creole, but I don't consider myself to be a creole. My maternal grandmother was a light skin creole mix, my great GF was from jamica. My paternal grandparents were indian and black mixed.

Creole means different things to different people, for ex I went to St Lucia on my honeymoon, and all the black people were called creoles, they spoke patois and that seemed to be what made them creole.
I've never heard this viewpoint before thanks for informing me.