Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
BP should be treated like the Predator with a little of Noob Saibot(from MK) mixed in. Moves in and out like a shadow, cloaking tech, teleportation tech, you can't see him but he can see you.etc. Dude is practically a ninja and should be portrayed as such. This is a guy you wouldn't want on your tail.
Ex-muthafukkin-zzzactly! That's what he should be when fully realized.

All these other characters like Iron Man and Doom and Batman and Spider-Man, they're all getting these gradual to massive upgrades and fully realizing their potential with tech and new abilities. Even Miles got upgraded and he barely been around for half a decade (he the homie tho, and black child excellence).

Predator/Noob Saibot/that Kasumi girl from Mass Effect... that's what BP should be. In addition to that Kimoyo card to hack ya everything.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Ryan Coogler Discusses Landing the Black Panther Gig - IGN
Plus Creed star Michael B. Jordan chimes in on the news.

By Chris Tilly

Ryan Coogler has been talking about landing the Black Panther gig, revealing how much the character means to him, both professionally and personally.

Marvel announced that Coogler would be directing the forthcoming blockbuster earlier this week, so when IGN grabbed some time with him at the Creed junket, we asked how it felt to be working for the superhero studio:

“Oh it’s exciting man, it’s so exciting,” he enthused. “I think even more-so than it being a Marvel movie is that it’s a story that has a lot of meaning and significance to me as a filmmaker, as an artist, and as a film fan. It’s really exciting to be able to do something that’s this unique.”

We also asked Creed star Michael B. Jordan what he thinks about the news.

“Oh man I’m super excited,” he exclaimed. “I’m a big comic book guy, and Black Panther is a character that’s so interesting – T’Challa’s amazing, Chadwick Boseman’s a really amazing actor, so I’m really looking forward to seeing what they do together.”

Jordan added that he thinks Coogler will ground Black Panther's fantastical story in a degree of realism.

“I think what he brings to all films is a sense of humanity and groundedness to it,” he replied. “I think these Marvel films are so larger than life that I think it’s kind of cool to get a grounded superhero version of that. Of course with all the larger-than-life elements Marvel will be Marvel, especially with the Black Panther being involved with Civil War, Captain America and that whole kind of thing, I mean I don’t know that much about it, but there’s so much real estate to play with and Ryan I’m pretty sure will find a nice way to tie it all together.”

Black Panther will hit screens in 2018, while Creed is released in UK cinemas this week.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:dwillhuh: Wow...Miner was putting in work back when he started, so I def understand :obama:
Well that was back when me and my pops and older brother were real into NCAA
He came out USC i had the Heat jersey
Them Nike airs he wore with the backwards swoosh
I was on 1
:mjlol:

Til i realized homie only played like 3 minutes a game :stopitslime:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm very happy for Ryan. Hopefully this becomes his 2nd Blockbuster in a row. It's the first Black Staring Superhero Film since the "Blade" series and "Spawn". I really hope Marvel lets him get into the screenwriting for the film and doesn't handcuff him. Overall I think he's right for the job but I am worried about the Marvel/Disney machine. It better be a majority Black cast period.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm very happy for Ryan. Hopefully this becomes his 2nd Blockbuster in a row. It's the first Black Staring Superhero Film since the "Blade" series and "Spawn". I really hope Marvel lets him get into the screenwriting for the film and doesn't handcuff him. Overall I think he's right for the job but I am worried about the Marvel/Disney machine. It better be a majority Black cast period.

Feige has already confirmed that it will be a majority black cast.

Black Panther will feature majority black cast, is crucial to Avengers: Infinity War
The king of Wakanda has a big role to play.
By Julia Alexander on Dec 31, 2015 at 1:00p

The executive also added that Black Panther would be the first Marvel film to feature a majority black cast. Feige touched upon bringing director Ryan Coogler (Creed) onboard and what that means for the film. He said that it was important they remained faithful to the comic and the character's origins.

"This one is important," Feige said. "Not only do you get an unbelievable lead character, but you also get all of Wakanda which is a whole new setting and culture to explore."

When it came to the character's placement in the Marvel Universe, Feige wouldn't offer any more information on just how Black Panther's storyline would affect the Avengers, but did provide a more in-depth look at what the character's solo movie will include.

"The movie is a big geopolitical action adventure that focuses on the family and royal struggle of T'Challa in Wakanda and what it means to be a king," Feige said.
And it had to be a majority black cast, or else it simply wouldn't be a Black Panther movie. T'Challa's supporting cast and inner circle is strongly majority black.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
That geopolitical thriller description has my brain imagining some vivid shyt. James bond type action/adventure

A video game would be classic

Black Panther stories, imo, are at their best when politics, especially geopolitics, is involved. It's a good choice for a direction of the film.

James Bond shyt....except James Bond is a head of state with a staff, army, and a humongous amount of wealth and resources. And he ain't hiding either. :jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Feige has already commented that it will be majority black cast.

SO FAR I'm optimistic

We've got an AN excellent lead actor, a FANTASTIC young director and a pretty good screenwriter (though I'm assuming with the length of the lead time Ryan will probably re-write it)

Marvel and Feige are saying ALL the right things (though JJ Abrams and Co were saying all the "right things" about Finn before SW dropped and what we got was The Butler:mjpls: so you can never fully trust what The White brain trust in charge says)

It REALLY is going to come down to how they portray T'Challa in Civil War. Coogler's job will be to DEFINE what the Russo Bros INTRODUCE so we NEED T'Challa off the bat to be intelligent, Regal, and a force to be reckoned with.

If the Russo's give T'Challa proper flight then I have every confidence that Coogler will stick the landing.

Also, this is just a THEORY on my part and nothing else but I wouldn't be surprised if T'Challa doesn't pop up somehow in either Thor:Ragnorak or the Spider-Man Solo film

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Feige has already commented that it will be majority black cast.

SO FAR I'm optimistic

We've got an AN excellent lead actor, a FANTASTIC young director and a pretty good screenwriter (though I'm assuming with the length of the lead time Ryan will probably re-write it)

Marvel and Feige are saying ALL the right things (though JJ Abrams and Co were saying all the "right things" about Finn before SW dropped and what we got was The Butler:mjpls: so you can never fully trust what The White brain trust in charge says)

LOL, that Finn shyt still lingers, I see (no pun). I ain't mad at cha at all.

I'm on wait-and-see mode as well, but so far, so good. Things are falling in place, at least on paper. Next step, refining the script and learning about the supporting cast.

It REALLY is going to come down to how they portray T'Challa in Civil War. Coogler's job will be to DEFINE what the Russo Bros INTRODUCE so we NEED T'Challa off the bat to be intelligent, Regal, and a force to be reckoned with.

If the Russo's give T'Challa proper flight then I have every confidence that Coogler will stick the landing.

Based on what I'm reading so far, I am (cautiously) optimistic that the Russos will actually get T'Challa more or less right. They managed to do it with Falcon, which was a pleasant surprise.

Also, this is just a THEORY on my part and nothing else but I wouldn't be surprised if T'Challa doesn't pop up somehow in either Thor:Ragnorak or the Spider-Man Solo film

Chadwick does have a five picture deal. Civil War, BP, and Infinity War 1 (and maybe 2) makes it 3-4 movies. He still has 1-2 more available in his contract after those.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
LOL, that Finn shyt still lingers, I see (no pun). I ain't mad at cha at all.

I'm on wait-and-see mode as well, but so far, so good. Things are falling in place, at least on paper. Next step, refining the script and learning about the supporting cast.

Based on what I'm reading so far, I am (cautiously) optimistic that the Russos will actually get T'Challa more or less right. They managed to do it with Falcon, which was a pleasant surprise.

Chadwick does have a five picture deal. Civil War, BP, and Infinity War 1 (and maybe 2) makes it 3-4 movies. He still has 1-2 more available in his contract after those.

1). It will linger FOREVER Breh. They pulled one of the most despicable bait and switch jobs in cinematic history, when it wasn't even NECESSARY. I couldn't FATHOM that they would make a walking talking minstrel show in a sci-fi movie in fukking 2015. Which is why I am ADAMANT on EVERY aspect of T'Challa and Wakanda being done RIGHT. I don't want any Hickman bullshyt. I don't want Everett Ross narrating. I don't want Wakanda being portrayed like shyt.

2). The Russo's have done a great job thus far. My only hesitation is that Falcon is a sidekick, not a PARTNER like he is with Cap in the comics. Of course the movies don't have the time and history that the comics had to build and define their relationship, but Falcon is still pretty much a third banana behind Cap and Bucky. T'Challa is a FRONT AND CENTER character, he cannot be made to look lesser than Steve or Tony, when in fact, he is their intellectual and physical equal.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
1). It will linger FOREVER Breh. They pulled one of the most despicable bait and switch jobs in cinematic history, when it wasn't even NECESSARY. I couldn't FATHOM that they would make a walking talking minstrel show in a sci-fi movie in fukking 2015. Which is why I am ADAMANT on EVERY aspect of T'Challa and Wakanda being done RIGHT. I don't want any Hickman bullshyt. I don't want Everett Ross narrating. I don't want Wakanda being portrayed like shyt.

Most def. And especially in his first appearance and/or first film. Gotta have a hard line stance on that shyt. Even if others might say its being petty. fukk it.

2). The Russo's have done a great job thus far. My only hesitation is that Falcon is a sidekick, not a PARTNER like he is with Cap in the comics. Of course the movies don't have the time and history that the comics had to build and define their relationship, but Falcon is still pretty much a third banana behind Cap and Bucky. T'Challa is a FRONT AND CENTER character, he cannot be made to look lesser than Steve or Tony, when in fact, he is their intellectual and physical equal.

Good points. All we can do is wait and see at this point. I'll remain on cautiously optimistic mode.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Black Panther stories, imo, are at their best when politics, especially geopolitics, is involved. It's a good choice for a direction of the film.

James Bond shyt....except James Bond is a head of state with a staff, army, and a humongous amount of wealth and resources. And he ain't hiding either. :jawalrus:
:banderas:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
#dope

no0g3D6.jpg