Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Solicits for Black Panther #18. Out this September.

=====

BLACK PANTHER #18

TA-NEHISI COATES (W), CHRIS SPROUSE (A) Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY JENNY FRISON VENOMIZED KLAW VARIANT COVER BY JOYCE CHIN

* T'Challa finds himself in an uneasy alliance with Ayo and Aneka, the Midnight Angels, when a new deity rises to claim Wakanda for its own.

* And making matters worse, an enemy from Black Panther's past has resurfaced with ill intentions.

* It seems Black Panther has one choice -- bend the knee, or watch his country burn.

32 pages, $3.99.

blackpanther18.jpg

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Black Panther is based on the comic. Comic discussions will occur. It is what it is.

No I get that but typically in all the past movie threads..... majority or 80% of the discussion never talked about the comics ala Spider-Man, Kill Yourself Kliq, Superman, Batman, Guardians, Terrific Thot, Ironman, Thor, Xmen, Wolverine, and so on.

Just a different breed in here from the other threads..... no criticism.... just different

Martha

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This thread seems more discussion wise about the comic then the movie:gucci:

I... actually agree with you.

At some point or next time around @wire28 @Bigbigguy or whoever should just create a separate MCU-specific Black Panther thread for film and sequel discussion, and then this thread can just morph into a Black Panther Appreciation/Comic thread for all the other shyt.

It's tiring coming in here for movie-specific inspiration and seein nothing but the same ol Coates this Coates that bullshyt. I sure as fukk don't want that same energy as we approach the countdown to the movie

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I... actually agree with you.

At some point or next time around @wire28 @Bigbigguy or whoever should just create a separate MCU-specific Black Panther thread for film and sequel discussion, and then this thread can just morph into a Black Panther Appreciation/Comic thread for all the other shyt.

It's tiring coming in here for movie-specific inspiration and seein nothing but the same ol Coates this Coates that bullshyt. I sure as fukk don't want that same energy as we approach the countdown to the movie

Yes,

Again.... Panther brehs, I wasnt knocking or hating:hubie:

Its just I guess I was conditioned on what to expect based off all the past comic book movie tied threads we've had in the past or even currently.

I be coming in here thinking niccas dropping some news on shyt from this movie and 9 times out of 10 it do be cats discussing that controversial decision that Coates did with W'Kabi and Mubaru (to which I'm like who the fukk is W'Kabi and Mubaru:francis: ) back in 2007 in issue 46 on page 16 of that particular arc:what::mindblown:

Then on rare occasions they drop a tweet:deadrose:

Its just funny:heh:

Martha

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yes,

Its just I guess I was conditioned on what to expect based off all the past comic book movie tied threads we've had in the past or even currently.

I be coming in here thinking niccas dropping some news on shyt from this movie and 9 times out of 10 it do be cats discussing that controversial decision that Coates did with W'Kabi and Mubaru (to which I'm like who the fukk is W'Kabi and Mubaru:francis: ) back in 2007 in issue 46 on page 16 of that particular arc:what::mindblown:

Martha

:dead::dead::dead::mjlol:

I've been a Panther stan since '98-99 with Priest's run... but i'd be a damn lie if that wasn't an accurate as hell description of what be goin on in here lol

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I be coming in here thinking niccas dropping some news on shyt from this movie and 9 times out of 10 it do be cats discussing that controversial decision that Coates did with W'Kabi and Mubaru (to which I'm like who the fukk is W'Kabi and Mubaru:francis: )

Breh, who the fukk is Mubaru :mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:mjlol: @Bryan Danielson post! He ain't lie a bit. I mean, for the most part, I don't mind it either, since I've been an increasing BP fan for the past 4 years or so and appreciate any missed backstories or segments of grace that I may have missed perusing thru his backlog, but when I'm also looking for more movie news, like as of recent, it is a bit :picard: to hear just bickering about Coates and other comic book era ills and what have yous and havenots.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Yes,

Martha
Same :russ:

Ain't there a Black Panther Appreciation thread for all this?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:mjlol: @Bryan Danielson post! He ain't lie a bit. I mean, for the most part, I don't mind it either, since I've been an increasing BP fan for the past 4 years or so and appreciate any missed backstories or segments of grace that I may have missed perusing thru his backlog, but when I'm also looking for more movie news, like as of recent, it is a bit :picard: to hear just bickering about Coates and other comic book era ills and what have yous and havenots.
I'm glad he brought it up.

It was cool at first back when movie news was scarce, so this essentially was a stealth BP Comic thread at the time. But now there's really nothing going on in the comics that have to do with the movie but its still used as a stealth BP Comic thread ... or more so a battle ground for the Coates Wars :hhh:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Same :russ:

Ain't there a Black Panther Appreciation thread for all this?
Lol I'm sayin! The more this has gone on the more I feel there needs to be one for all on-going non movie related distractions.

I wanted to hit up @hex a few weeks back but I was like nah let me see how things shaped up once the trailers and things dropped.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Let's talk about the movie then.

‘The Walking Dead’s Danai Gurira Starring In ‘Avengers: Infinity War’

danai-gurira.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Danai Gurira is starring in Avengers: Infinity War. No one is saying, but I’m speculating that she has brought to The Avengers sequel her Black Panther character Okoye, one of the ferocious female warriors who watch over the royal family of Chadwick Boseman’s character in Black Panther.

Gurira next co-stars in All Eyez On Me, the Benny Boom-directed Lionsgate film about Tupac Shakur. Demetrius Shipp Jr plays Tupac, and Gurira playing the hip-hop icon’s mother, Afeni Shakur (who actually was a member of the Black Panthers). That film will be released Friday.

All this comes after Gurira established herself as the baddest warrior on primetime television in The Walking Dead, playing the samurai sword-wielding Michonne. Now, she’ll give rival DC’s Wonder Woman a run for her money in Avengers: Infinity War, which is being directed by Joe and Anthony Russo for Marvel.

Gurira was Tony nominated as a playwright for her play Eclipsed. She is repped by UTA and Suskin Management.

=========

That's four BP characters slated to be in Infinity War (T'Challa, M'Baku, Shuri, and Okoye). Very, very likely there will be a major Wakandan-centric scene in the film.

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
BP's trailer might be the most times i've watched a trailer since Wolf Of Wall Street.

:ehh:

never been the biggest comic book guy but i did get back into them lately because i saw the World Of Wakanda #6 cover on twitter.
thought it was fire and i needed something for the plane ride home so i bought a bunch of comics and been getting them every other week since.