Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
breh I knew they going to pull some bullshyt and down play my dude T'challa intelligence when watching Captain America: Civil War for the first time and The Russo Brothers writing did nothing show or insinuate T'challa had a high intelligence level

but they had no problem writing/showing Peter Parker/spider-man intelligence by having Tony gushing/marveling at his smart's & inventiveness the first time they meet and schematically breaking down Falcon & bucky's tech just off of sight

but they couldn't write T'challa to "TALK HIS SHYT" when he first meet's black widow about having a theory about how The Vision Vibranium body functions and spitting out "Scientific Movie MumBo jumbo" to black widow and she like :ohmy: and If should scheduled a date for the two of them to discuss it some time in depth because he of all people would be an expert in Vibranium science

or after the Bucky chase scene and they are all back at headquarters and Tony is saying something to Rhodey about him having air support and Rhodey saying to tony none of his radar or tracking system's showed anything before black panther dropping down on Bucky from his jet on the roof top ..and then Tony later going up to T'challa saying something like that's some "magic carpet" you rode in on out their today and curiously asking how did it block war machines detection systems and how does it work T'challa just saying it's an original design he created but he's not here for a show and tell "Stark Expo"

It would be just that easy for The Russo Brothers to write something like that to insinuate T'challa had a high intelligence level but they didn't becouse the producer's of The MCU told them the The MCU version of T'challa doesn't have "genius level intellect" so don't even write it for him like they did for spider-man/peter parker
Spiderman's inclusion made them cutback on some added Black Panther material. That is a fact.

But I'm not going to lie they really did have this dude popping out of nowhere with nothing explained like he was Statham in Fast and Furious movie. :gucci:

Another point about the Russos.
Then the most quickest and most athletic hero is constantly walking right into zaps from Black Widow. So he's not elusive anymore huh :comeon:

Doesn't matter tho...In Coogler I trust :banderas:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spiderman's inclusion made them cutback on some added Black Panther material. That is a fact.

But I'm not going to lie they really did have this dude popping out of nowhere with nothing explained like he was Statham in Fast and Furious movie. :gucci:

Another point about the Russos.
Then the most quickest and most athletic hero is constantly walking right into zaps from Black Widow. So he's not elusive anymore huh :comeon:

Doesn't matter tho...In Coogler I trust :banderas:

I hated that at first, but BP was bloodlusted, and for obvious story reasons he had to be prevented from getting to Cap/WS. Widow's stings didn't even knock him out like they do regular people. All she did was slow him down.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I hated that at first, but BP was bloodlusted, and for obvious story reasons he had to be prevented from getting to Cap/WS. Widow's stings didn't even knock him out like they do regular people. All she did was slow him down.
So he just loses his intelligence when he has bloodlust:ld:. Its just a poorly written scene. :yeshrug:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So he just loses his intelligence when he has bloodlust:ld:. Its just a poorly written scene. :yeshrug:
There was an article in psychology today about how strong emotions including anger can cause a temporary drop in IQ causing rational people to make bad decisions. It was from 2011 and written by Relly Nadler. I'd provide a link but I'm on my phone.

Bottom line yes being bloodlusted can make someone lose some of their intelligence.:manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
There was an article in psychology today about how strong emotions including anger can cause a temporary drop in IQ causing rational people to make bad decisions. It was from 2011 and written by Relly Nadler. I'd provide a link but I'm on my phone.

Bottom line yes being bloodlusted can make someone lose some of their intelligence.:manny:
:pachaha:
In fact I agree that you lose some intelligence when you're bloodlust. My nikka lost all intelligence. Especially when the scene is poorly written and directed. It made T'Challa look like a damn fool.

And if you want a better example of just reacting and no thinking. Think of movie Shaft that came out in 2000.

This wasn't Peoples Hernandez who repeatedly stabbed himself as he was walking towards Shaft who had a gun. That was bloodlust and executed right. That was someone who didn't care if he died in that moment it was all about him moving forward. You understood his motivations because the camera was directly on his face.

Hell Kylo Ren's bloodlust in Force Awakens was better handled than that.

T'Challa after brawling, evading and fight everybody.....all of sudden can't dodge Black Widow who is standing still. :gucci:

He dodging Clint's arrows, but can't dodge whatever bullshyt Black Widow shooting :gucci:
5204150-widow.png

Breh went from
1qj4nj.gif

to this?

1qj51u.gif

There is no defending this. Poorly written and directed scene. The wide shot makes it look even worse.

They could have easily zoomed in on T'Challa and gave him his "Yea I'm walking through your shyt intentionally" moment. Instead there were people laughing in the theater when that happened.

Last edited:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In fact I agree that you lose some intelligence when you're bloodlust. My nikka lost all intelligence. Especially when the scene is poorly written and directed. It made T'Challa look like a damn fool.

And if you want a better example of just reacting and no thinking. Think of movie Shaft that came out in 2000.

This wasn't Peoples Hernandez who repeatedly stabbed himself as he was walking towards Shaft who had a gun. That was bloodlust and executed right. That was someone who didn't care if he died in that moment it was all about him moving forward. You understood his motivations because the camera was directly on his face.

T'Challa after brawling, evading and fight everybody.....all of sudden can't dodge Black Widow who is standing still. :gucci:

He dodging Clint's arrows, but can't dodge whatever bullshyt Black Widow shooting :gucci:
5204150-widow.png

1qj51u.gif

1qj4nj.gif

There is no defending this. Poorly written and directed scene. The wide shot makes it look even worse.

They could have easily zoomed in on T'Challa and gave him his "Yea I'm walking through your shyt intentionally" moment. Instead there were people laughing in the theater when that happened.

The first one would have caught him off guard since she had been on his side the whole time up to that moment. Every shot after that is him moving at a slower pace due to shaking off being electrocuted while still trying to reach his target.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The first one would have caught him off guard since she had been on his side the whole time up to that moment. Every shot after that is him moving at a slower pace due to shaking off being electrocuted while still trying to reach his target.
It was pointed right at him and Cap/WS were clearly spaced out.

Stop defending this poorly shot and executed scene breh. The wide shot almost makes it comical.

He can't avoid being shot 4 times. Yet once he passes her...he's able to leap and grab the jet :mindblown:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was pointed right at him and Cap/WS were clearly spaced out.

Stop defending this poorly shot and executed scene breh. The wide shot almost makes it comical.

He can't avoid being shot 4 times. Yet once he passes her...he's able to leap and grab the jet :mindblown:

So how would you preferred the scene played out?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
breh I knew they going to pull some bullshyt and down play my dude T'challa intelligence when watching Captain America: Civil War for the first time and The Russo Brothers writing did nothing show or insinuate T'challa had a high intelligence level

but they had no problem writing/showing Peter Parker/spider-man intelligence by having Tony gushing/marveling at his smart's & inventiveness the first time they meet and schematically breaking down Falcon & bucky's tech just off of sight

but they couldn't write T'challa to "TALK HIS SHYT" when he first meet's black widow about having a theory about how The Vision Vibranium body functions and spitting out "Scientific Movie MumBo jumbo" to black widow and she like :ohmy: and If she could scheduled a date for the two of them to discuss it some time in depth because he of all people would be an expert in Vibranium science

or after the Bucky chase scene and they are all back at headquarters and Tony is saying something to Rhodey about him having air support and Rhodey saying to tony none of his radar or tracking system's showed anything before black panther dropping down on Bucky from his jet on the roof top ..and then Tony later going up to T'challa saying something like that's some "magic carpet" you rode in on out their today and curiously asking how did it block war machines detection systems and how does it work T'challa just saying it's an original design he created but he's not here for a show and tell "Stark Expo"

It would be just that easy for The Russo Brothers to write something like that to insinuate T'challa had a high intelligence level but they didn't becouse the producer's of The MCU told them the The MCU version of T'challa doesn't have "genius level intellect" so don't even write it for him like they did for spider-man/peter parker
The Russos didn't write civil war

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just as I predicted.....Barely a peep from most geek outlets about M'Baku being a part of Infinity War. Watched Collider Heroes and they never brought it up once, instead they mentioned shyt like Priyanka Chopra saying she wants to be Batgirl and Josh Gad taking a picture wtih Geoff Johns. :gucci:

Like I said though, them folks over at Marvel Movie news made it a point to talk about M'Baku being in Infinity War. I think part of the reason they cover everything is because they got a sistah as part of their panel and she's a big Black Panther fan (she always talks about Priest's run). Though I think even before they added her they used to talk a lot about Black Panther news.
It's clear watching some of these comic news outlets that they don't know anything about BP. I watched some vid of i think screen junkies a while back when some BP news broke out and it was clear they were winging it and only had an elementary understanding of BP, and Shuri to a lesser extent.

A lot of the white geek news outlets see the anticipation for the movie and have a combination of :merchant: and faking the funk to mask the :mjpls:.

They give the obligatory "I'm so excited" for the movie but can't provide a single concrete thing about the mytho they like.

They don't know a damn thing about M'Baku and are too lazy to do the research. Talkin bout M'Baku is T'Challa's brother n shyt.

teacher

All Star
Daps

Pawg's the blackman's Kryptonite :yeshrug:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's clear watching some of these comic news outlets that they don't know anything about BP. I watched some vid of i think screen junkies a while back when some BP news broke out and it was clear they were winging it and only had an elementary understanding of BP, and Shuri to a lesser extent.

A lot of the white geek news outlets see the anticipation for the movie and have a combination of :merchant: and faking the funk to mask the :mjpls:.

They give the obligatory "I'm so excited" for the movie but can't provide a single concrete thing about the mytho they like.

They don't know a damn thing about M'Baku and are too lazy to do the research. Talkin bout M'Baku is T'Challa's brother n shyt.

I've noticed they do that shyt with the comics too. You don't see a lot of reviews for Coates Black Panther in white geek spaces. They praise it but never actually talk about it :mjlol:

Like I said, the shyt just stands out to me and annoys me in comparison to how every other comic book property is covered by these outlets. Even when they do talk about The Black Panther film it somehow ends up being about Bucky being in the film or T'Challa giving Steve a new SHIELD. It's that subtle racism, like how leading up to Civil War white people kept assuming T'Challa was going to be asking the Avengers for help to defend Wakanda.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Think of movie Shaft that came out in 2000.

Hell Kylo Ren's bloodlust in Force Awakens was better handled than that.

That scene in shaq was intense :wow:
Peoples went Berserk in that scene. That was real pain :mjcry: