Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But I bet a lot of online geek news outlets wont have shyt to say about it. Pissing me off how much they ignore Black Panther news. Only place that seems to cover everything are those people at Marvel Movie News.
I've seen a lot of coverage from Blerd sites and social media, but that is to be expected I guess.

When Civil War came out, Collider and other sites were praising Boseman's portrayal of BP. I guess when a lot of these people learned that the film was going to be mostly Black with no Cap or Winter Soldier in sight, interest and appeal dropped. TBH though, I don't really expect much from non-Black geeks when it comes to Black characters /superheroes in media. They're usually not as valued as the White ones and met with apathy or indifference.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've seen a lot of coverage from Blerd sites and social media, but that is to be expected I guess.

When Civil War came out, Collider and other sites were praising Boseman's portrayal of BP. I guess when a lot of these people learned that the film was going to be mostly Black with no Cap or Winter Soldier in sight, interest and appeal dropped. TBH though, I don't really expect much from non-Black geeks when it comes to Black characters /superheroes in media. They're usually not as valued as the White ones and met with apathy or indifference.

I think it just pisses me off more in this instance because Marvel is doing their job. They pushing the film just as hard as they pushed the other movies, but these outlets are talking out of both sides of they mouth. They'll feign excitement for Black Panther only to quickly move on and go months without talking about any of the news that drops.

I've seen those motherfukkers talk more about movies that are RUMORED to be in development than they talk about Black Panther.

That's why I've been saying Marvel needs to reach out more to black news outlets, because these other outlets aint worth a damn.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I think it just pisses me off more in this instance because Marvel is doing their job. They pushing the film just as hard as they pushed the other movies, but these outlets are talking out of both sides of they mouth. They'll feign excitement for Black Panther only to quickly move on and go months without talking about any of the news that drops.

I've seen those motherfukkers talk more about movies that are RUMORED to be in development than they talk about Black Panther.

That's why I've been saying Marvel needs to reach out more to black news outlets, because these other outlets aint worth a damn.
Give it time brotha Comiccon is next month or D-23 and Panther isn't out until February. Thor 3 will be the one getting promoted soon THEN BP will be in overdrive on the promotion. Will be awaiting though closely..
Lenny-Listening-The-Simpsons_zpsfzyvezbo.gif

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Can't wait until February. Also now that Wonder Woman got a 95 mil opening weekend, I expect Black Panther to around the same.

As much as I love Spidey, I kind of wish they waited to do the deal so that BP would be coming out this summer.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

:patrice:

:jbhmm:

It is funny how Spider-Man and Black Panther were universally recognized as the two brightest spots of Civil War. Yet, Spider-Man got far more coverage pre its trailer release than BP. Now obviously its Spider-Man, but it makes me want to ask brehs here another question.

Spider-Man, Thor Ragnarok are movies that had another character from the Marvel Universe in the movie used to promote it. Its why its going to do big numbers. I mean you can get upset about Ironman being all up in the trailers, but its a brilliant strategy on their part.

Should they have just made the first Black Panther movie more of a universe movie and then let the sequel be a 100% Wakanda glory because its won over the audiences already.

I mean I didn't want that. I know Coogler is going to make a great film regardless. You just gotta wonder if the media will try to sweep this movie under the rug commercially...:leostare:

Cause the breh is right. They seemed to cover the smallest and most insignificant stuff for other comic book movies.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:patrice:

:jbhmm:

It is funny how Spider-Man and Black Panther were universally recognized as the two brightest spots of Civil War. Yet, Spider-Man got far more coverage pre its trailer release than BP. Now obviously its Spider-Man, but it makes me want to ask brehs here another question.

Spider-Man, Thor Ragnarok are movies that had another character from the Marvel Universe in the movie used to promote it. Its why its going to do big numbers. I mean you can get upset about Ironman being all up in the trailers, but its a brilliant strategy on their part.

Should they have just made the first Black Panther movie more of a universe movie and then let the sequel be a 100% Wakanda glory because its won over the audiences already.

I mean I didn't want that. I know Coogler is going to make a great film regardless. You just gotta wonder if the media will try to sweep this movie under the rug commercially...:leostare:

Cause the breh is right. They seemed to cover the smallest and most insignificant stuff for other comic book movies.

In all honesty I'm glad they've gone the no stark route with this movie. It makes me feel like they have faith in the storytelling and building that needs to be done just like with cap, Thor and ant Man. And in all honesty, I think this reason they have stark in spider Man is to remind people that this is mcu production as a way to make people excited, rather than worrisome of the quality. And if they were to put stark in this, then some characters would have to take a seat, and with all the excellence involved, I'd rather that not happen

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just as I predicted.....Barely a peep from most geek outlets about M'Baku being a part of Infinity War. Watched Collider Heroes and they never brought it up once, instead they mentioned shyt like Priyanka Chopra saying she wants to be Batgirl and Josh Gad taking a picture wtih Geoff Johns. :gucci:

Like I said though, them folks over at Marvel Movie news made it a point to talk about M'Baku being in Infinity War. I think part of the reason they cover everything is because they got a sistah as part of their panel and she's a big Black Panther fan (she always talks about Priest's run). Though I think even before they added her they used to talk a lot about Black Panther news.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just as I predicted.....Barely a peep from most geek outlets about M'Baku being a part of Infinity War. Watched Collider Heroes and they never brought it up once, instead they mentioned shyt like Priyanka Chopra saying she wants to be Batgirl and Josh Gad taking a picture wtih Geoff Johns. :gucci:

Like I said though, them folks over at Marvel Movie news made it a point to talk about M'Baku being in Infinity War. I think part of the reason they cover everything is because they got a sistah as part of their panel and she's a big Black Panther fan (she always talks about Priest's run). Though I think even before they added her they used to talk a lot about Black Panther news.

Just forget about Collider & co, dude. Like I said this project is not going to have a lot of appeal to most non-Black comic fans for obvious reasons. When the teaser drops, these outlets will pretty much be forced to cover it because it can't be ignored.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Last edited:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Nate Moore reppin' black excellence in the movie industry.:salute:
Produced on Marvel's best joints (WS and CW). Give him his when BP is that piff. He is a big reason I have so much faith along with Cooler and the cast.
dont salute just yet. word on the street is they fighting in the editing room over what stays and what goes