Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
For the record, the reason Hudlin's run is looked back somewhat fondly by detractors is because of the 7 years of bullshyt that followed it.:manny:

And i say that as a fan of his. The one caveat to Hudlin, despite subjective or valid criticisms of technical writing, pacing and Shuri, is that T'Challa was portrayed as a winner.

So yea, after 7 years of him being a loser ppl are going to look back at Hudlin's and say... ":ld:well at least BP got to keep his heroism.. and balls."

Apples and Oranges compared to Coates, who will be as fondly remembered over time as Mayberry and his DoomWar debacle if he doesnt get his shyt together in season 2. Coates already lowkey acknowledged this months back.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
In some fairly old news pertaining to the people's T'Challa though:

As reported by Omega Underground and My Entertainment World, it looks like “Avengers: Infinity War” will begin filming in January at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta.

That’s not the only Marvel Studios movie said to begin production next month, either. It looks like Marvel may be shooting “Infinity War” alongside “Black Panther” in Atlanta. That makes sense, as both “Black Panther” and “Infinity War” open in the first half of 2018. It was revealed last week that “Black Panther” would begin filming in January. Additionally it looks like “Ave

On the heels of a report that “Avengers: Infinity War” will begin filming next month, a casting call for the movie appears to confirm that Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Star-Lord, Rocket Racc00n and more will appear. The open casting call for extras — which appeared on MovieCastingCall.org — lists all of the characters that will return for the penultimate “Avengers” film.

Sounds like Chadwick will be doing double duty in January :mjgrin:

The mid/end credits tie-in is going to be crazy. One of them will no doubt be a direct Infinity War teaser, wouldn't be surprised if we see Thanos's mug. The other I imagine will hint to whatever is gonna go down in the BP sequel.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Another preview of BP #9, out next Wednesday.

tumblr_oine8nkT621ry9payo5_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
In some fairly old news pertaining to the people's T'Challa though:

Sounds like Chadwick will be doing double duty in January :mjgrin:

The mid/end credits tie-in is going to be crazy. One of them will no doubt be a direct Infinity War teaser, wouldn't be surprised if we see Thanos's mug. The other I imagine will hint to whatever is gonna go down in the BP sequel.
:ehh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Just read this on another message board :wow:
Coates and Gay's work on WOW are absolutely horrible. They're going out of their way to really crap on T'Challa, completely villigying him and the mythology whilst promoting their self serving feminist agendas that flat out lie against and ignore what's come before and I'm talking relatively recently.

Gay has the Dora Milaje/Midnight Angels harping on about "serving the king in all things" and pushing the whole wives in training angle as if it's standard practice and still a thing, when T'Challa has declared it to be the contrary almost 20 years ago.

Then you have Gay complaining that T'Challa wasn't around to help after Namor flooded the city; she should really go back and read the panels as to what exactly he was doing at the time when he annulled his marriage; and then T'Challa is being blamed for the problems of the country he wasn't responsible for as he wasn't even ruling at the time Shuri was. That's just the tip of the iceberg with Gay's work.

Then of course there's Coates. I can't stand the guy. He talks about how he wants BP to be for kids growing up what spider-man was to him and so many others. Is he for real?? The guy knows nothing about Afrofuturism, the story's are too slow paced, he can't write action, he's written T'Challa as incompetent and having not ever wanting to be king; and in the latest preview of #9 he has T'Challa conceding to Shuri that he's not fit to be king. WTF?!?....abd yeah, Wakanda ends up becoming a republic.

Then there's the rape camps in Wakanda and T'Challa seemingly being ignorant to them or simply not giving a ****, the meeting T'Challa has with a bunch of despots to determine how to best keep his people under control, Coates spectacularly wastes the feature appearance of the crew which was a breathtaking embarrassment and then of course the agenda pushing man against women and other black stereotypes and clichés he thinks is great to plague the mythology with. What's ironic is, women/females in the mythology have been represented well, valued and as strong characters. I vaguely remember one panel where a member of the DM (who is supposed to protect the king) is instead saved by T'Challa who jumps in front of her to take the impact of a blast or something but no, Coates and Gay will have people believe otherwise.

Seriously, as a black man I expected Coates to at least find a happy medium between Priest and Hudlin and really elevate things as a whole not b*stardizing and demonising who the character is and what he stands for; but the guy obviously hates the character and has misconstrued this particular male fantasy. There's nothing special about Coates' BP and Gay's world of Wakanda and unfortunately the former is doing very well sales wise which only reinforces Marvel's decision to hire the hack in the first place.

Right now, the only black panther I recognise is in Ultimates. Give Ewing a solo black panther book because right now he's the only one currently associated with the character that gets it.

This is 100% the wrong creative approach to take in introducing this character to new readers and I'm saying this right now, if it were white writers writing these current books, they'd be accused of being flat out racists. **** Coates and Gay.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I keep giving Coates the benefit of the doubt. Its gotta be an end game to all of this that satisfies everyone. It just has to be or..:wow:

At this stage of the game, season 1 will disappoint a lot of readers regardless. Season 1 is almost done, not enough issues/time to make up for a lot of stuff that went down or will go down.

All hope lies in season 2 and potential subsequent seasons.

teacher

All Star
Daps
The man's name is Ta-Nehisi, you have to have faith lol I'm STILL holding out for an epic Mcgregor/Priest twist :francis: I still think he's doing the M&M 8 miles, outing all his L's so they can't be used against him anymore I hope :sadcam:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Man...just imagine if Coogler did bring on Coates to write this movie. :wow:

Low key, I wouldn't be surprised if he got insight and will get notes from him after its shot. :yeshrug:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
At this point Coates is WORSE than the writers from Doomwar and AvX. Hell he makes freaking Hickman and Maberry(Doomwar) look like Khalid Muhammad!!!
It's funny how unified the Black Panther community is about this across multiple forums.

Can't agree for shyt on standard equipment, supporting cast or love interests... but in nigh absolute solidarity in their sheer disgust at what's going on in the books. Kinda touching to see in a bittersweet way:mjcry:

Last time we saw such unprecedented agreement among the fans was when Chadwick Boseman killed it in Civil War :wow:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The fans who pick up the comics/trades are going to be confused as hell next year tho. They gon see MCU BP kicking ass, cartoon BP kicking ass, kicking ass with him in MvC4... then they gon pick up an issue of the comics and be like
giphy.gif

I'ma just be like :manny: