BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
He wanted write a story about a king not really wanted to be king (ie BP always in America or Outer Space)

I get it, but, he prolly needs a co-writer to get that

Again, it's his first comic book

Look, I'm gettin' every issue, but, I feel you
UG1jVNg.jpg

teacher

All Star
Daps
How T'Challa will deal with the Midnight Angels and their group, outside of potential brute force / coercion attempts (I don't see the MA surrendering unless something major happens) remains to be seen.
t'challa is a master negotiator, even had galactus fukked up in his head for a moment his bottom bytches should be easy work :yeshrug:[/QUOTE]

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
t'challa is a master negotiator, even had galactus fukked up in his head for a moment his bottom bytches should be easy work :yeshrug:

The Dora's are women who have sworn an oath to protect the King, as a potentially being wives-in-training. A Dora renounce that oath and renouncing a BP is a very big deal. This will not be easy at all, even from a negotiation standpoint.

The MA's issue it appears is T'Challa and the monarchy's inability to put out the "fires" in Wakanda. Their demands will be very steep and I doubt T'Challa will agree to them. Which is why I think a third party will be needed to mend the fences between the two.

Also, have you noticed that we haven't seen the Doras protecting T'Challa, as they usually do? Remember that the Doras gave T'Challa up to Shuri during the Hickman run. It could be possible that they still don't fukk with him after all.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:wtf: why write for comics then? the point of the pictures are mainly for the action :martin: With that said I have no expectations really just trying to enjoy the ride...

I actually don't mind the limited action. A lot of the BP franchises' greatest moments had little to no fights.

What they did have however was major stakes and a lot on the line, among other things.

That said, there has been action in all three issues. I think the action has been improving from issue to issue, actually.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm not too crazy about this run either but I still plan on buying every issue :yeshrug:
I actually think it's a shytty "black panther" book and i'm somewhat agitated that this is how they chose to rep him fresh off the movie debut. It shows a lack of tact and an absence of savvy in character elevation imo.

Best Shots Review: BLACK PANTHER #3
There’s a lot of ambition to this book, particularly with its sprawling supporting cast, but there seems to be a lack of focus and excitement with T’Challa himself that needs correcting — and fast.
^I agree with most of what this reviewer said. Hell, that they had his entire squad get they ass kicked and submitted by he-male poison ivy, only for him to let them live because of "plot reasons" (instead of showing them use wit to escape)... i was like :francis:

But ultimately it's the movies and outside media (toys, cartoons, games, etc) that are most important. So if the comic is on some other shyt where we gotta wait 6-7 issues before BP stops acting like an emo-anime character... it is what it is. It'll make me appreciate the "obama + james bond" version that the MCU is cookin up for 2018 that much more.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think most comicbook readers are having trouble with it, because it's reading like a novel that happens to have pictures...an illustrated novel. I'm gonna continue to buy, but this is my least favorite book. I'm currently messing with Uncanny (X-Men & Avengers), Nighthawk, Amazing & Spider-Man, Ms Marvel, Ultimates. This is the bottom of all of those.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Remember that the Doras gave T'Challa up to Shuri during the Hickman run. It could be possible that they still don't fukk with him after all.

nope...haven't read that yet...but that makes sense why shuri seemed like she was tormenting him in issue 2 though :ohhh: because all the stuff I've read, Who is BP, Dark Reign, Doomwar they had a good relationship

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
nope...haven't read that yet...but that makes sense why shuri seemed like she was tormenting him in issue 2 though :ohhh: because all the stuff I've read, Who is BP, Dark Reign, Doomwar they had a good relationship

Oh shyt, my bad, forgot you haven't read them yet :snoop:

Yea, T'Challa and Shuri have a good relationship throughout those stories. It's during New Avengers that their relationship gets shaken up. I'll leave it at that.

Def read New Avengers and Time Runs Out. A lot of what's going on will make more sense and will carry a lot more weight. Coates' 12-issue story is pulling heavily from what happened to BP and his mythos during those events.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Oh shyt, my bad, forgot you haven't read them yet :snoop:

Yea, T'Challa and Shuri have a good relationship throughout those stories. It's during New Avengers that their relationship gets shaken up. I'll leave it at that.

Def read New Avengers and Time Runs Out. A lot of what's going on will make more sense and will carry a lot more weight. Coates' 12-issue story is pulling heavily from what happened to BP and his mythos during those events.

is that it's on own comic? or part of something else because I got the hickman FF4 stuff with BP and all the new avengers stuff with BP I know I need the secret Wars now....but I really want to read the priest run first before I dive into the other stuff...I have all the priest issues except cat trap (ATM) and I don't even won't to read them because of all the trouble it took to acquire them :dead:... I'm getting the graphic novels which I have vol 1 .....can't do that digital sh@t :scust:

teacher

All Star
Daps
I actually don't mind the limited action. A lot of the BP franchises' greatest moments had little to no fights.

What they did have however was major stakes and a lot on the line, among other things.

That said, there has been action in all three issues. I think the action has been improving from issue to issue, actually.

the only issue I have so far is the lesbian renegade dora's....I don't have a problem of BP and Wakanda handling there inner demons...just better be for the better...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think most comicbook readers are having trouble with it, because it's reading like a novel that happens to have pictures...an illustrated novel. I'm gonna continue to buy, but this is my least favorite book. I'm currently messing with Uncanny (X-Men & Avengers), Nighthawk, Amazing & Spider-Man, Ms Marvel, Ultimates. This is the bottom of all of those.
I've given up reading Black Panther monthly and will wait for the trade because I think it will read better in one sitting than it does over single issues.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
is that it's on own comic?

Nah, its part of the main New Avengers story. If you want to get to the point of BP's journey, read:

-NA #1-4.
-NA #7-12
-NA #18-24 (#24 is part of Time Runs Out).

And then skip to Secret Wars #9. It isn't perfect, but you'll get the good stuff there.

can't do that digital sh@t :scust:

I converted to digital a while back. It's almost awkward reading comics in print now, lol.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
the only issue I have so far is the lesbian renegade dora's....

To Coates' credit, that is one thing he handled pretty well so far. It's acknowledged quickly that they are lesbian, that it is what it is, and he kept it moving. Their sexuality is neither their defining characteristic, nor is it treated as a gimmick.

I don't have a problem of BP and Wakanda handling there inner demons...just better be for the better...

Not much else we can do but wait and see. We'll see how it goes.