Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Monarchy still around for now, but based on the solicits, Wakanda will be a republic by March 2017:why:.

Wakanda may have a president, if they go all the way with the republic route. No word yet on what will happen to the royal family and their titles/authority. We'll have to find out as it comes.

President of Wakanda...that shyt sounds weeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiird:pachaha:

As for the "ill-fit" comment....breh, I dunno wtf that shyt's about. Barring clarification, that shyt looks mad suspect and even confusing.
I like Kang Black Excellence better than President :dame:This isn't the U.S. it's Wakanda :martin:The family bloodline leading the most technological country on the planet was dope. This better not affect the movie version that's all I'm saying :hubie:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I like Kang Black Excellence better than President :dame:This isn't the U.S. it's Wakanda :martin:The family bloodline leading the most technological country on the planet was dope. This better not affect the movie version that's all I'm saying :hubie:

Rest assured, the movies are safe for a while. T'Challa will get his trilogy, I'm certain.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Did Coates ever explain what his endgame is?:patrice:

If I recall correctly, it was two questions:

-"Can a good man be King?"

-"Can a people of an advance society actually accept a monarchy?"

The first question, I suspect, is based on T'Challa controversial decisions during the Hickman run. Coates often mentioned in particular T'Challa deciding to not use the bomb in New Avengers #21 to destroy a populated world, despite T'Chaka and the rest of T'Challa's ancestors insisting and reminding him that it was the only way to save Wakanda and his own world. T'Challa chooses not to use it and T'Chaka and his ancestors disown him.

Coates' apparent conclusion: T'Challa is a good man who wants to do the right thing, but his morals prevent him to go all the way, something kings have to do.

The second question has more to do with Coates' stance on monarchies if anything. Monarchies are one of, if not, the oldest forms of governments known to man. In Coates's mind, why would the most advanced civilization on Earth accept such an old-fashioned government, despite its drawbacks?

Coates' apparent conclusion: Citizens of an advanced nation cannot accept a monarchy. Wakanda, it appears, will move on to a new form of government.

========

Hoping this brings some clarity, cuz even I'm not too sure that's the actual path to an end game. I'm just speculating out chea. :yeshrug:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
If I recall correctly, it was two questions:

-"Can a good man be King?"

-"Can a people of an advance society actually accept a monarchy?"

The first question, I suspect, is based on T'Challa controversial decisions during the Hickman run. Coates often mentioned in particular T'Challa deciding to not use the bomb in New Avengers #21 to destroy a populated world, despite T'Chaka and the rest of T'Challa's ancestors insisting and reminding him that it was the only way to save Wakanda and his own world. T'Challa chooses not to use it and T'Chaka and his ancestors disown him.

Coates' apparent conclusion: T'Challa is a good man who wants to do the right thing, but his morals prevent him to go all the way, something kings have to do.

The second question has more to do with Coates' stance on monarchies if anything. Monarchies are one of, if not, the oldest forms of governments known to man. In Coates's mind, why would the most advanced civilization on Earth accept such an old-fashioned government, despite its drawbacks?

Coates' apparent conclusion: Citizens of an advanced nation cannot accept a monarchy. Wakanda, it appears, will move on to a new form of government.

========

Hoping this brings some clarity, cuz even I'm not too sure that's the actual path to an end game. I'm just speculating out chea. :yeshrug:
:ld:Well...that's logical I suppose..but T'Challa thinking he isn't worthy of being a leader doesn't sit well with me. White people gravitating towards this bothers me
TonyStare_zpsjn3ehdzj.gif

Last edited:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at the rate this fukk nikka Coates is going to too shyt on T'Challa & The Black Panther mythos for the sake of his bullshyt ass "black feminist" agenda
I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter/ The White Wolf will show up out of nowhere and will be Wakanda first President-elect and Shuri will be his/Wakanda's first lady

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
at the rate this fukk nikka Coates is going to too shyt on T'Challa & The Black Panther mythos for the sake of his bullshyt ass "black feminist" agenda
I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter/ The White Wolf will show up out of nowhere and will be Wakanda first President-elect and Shuri will be his/Wakanda's first lady
:whoa:Don't put that in the universe :damn:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's surreal this coordinated hit job they've put on T'Challa :ehh:

And it's not even white people :ehh:

After Priest and Hudlin, the Malcolm and MLK of this mytho, you would think black writers were good money. But now we got the Don King and Raven Symone in charge. :patrice:

I guess it's on Chadwick, J Cole and Coogler to give us a BP worth supporting.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
The Thanos thing was a bit more complicated than that (Namor lying to the black order, T'Challa concealing facts, Shuri fighting with little to no intel, etc), but I understand the spirit of your post.

Essentially, putting the future of Wakanda under the hands of its people, rather than one ruler, is the best course, if I understand correctly?

I mean if tchalla didn't get involved with phoniex 5, Wakanda would not have went to war wit Atlantis, which caused Namor to lied to thanos and then caused the cabal to come back again and llegit wipe out half of Wakanda. Whole point is T'Challa hasn't been a good king. My man been putting friendships and his quest for fun over Wakanda.

Back in the day Wakanda was ruled by those that resist the temptation of being hero, T'Challa couldn't, it's not his fault.

Earth's mightest hero's he made the council in charge of Wakanda while he became avenger. I see nothing wrong with that

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
It's surreal this coordinated hit job they've put on T'Challa :ehh:

And it's not even white people :ehh:

After Priest and Hudlin, the Malcolm and MLK of this mytho, you would think black writers were good money. But now we got the Don King and Raven Symone in charge. :patrice:

I guess it's on Chadwick, J Cole and Coogler to give us a BP worth supporting.
:comeon: T'Challa always been the the Pinnacle a black excellence when it came Marvel and black superheroes.

All this is doing is making tchalla out to be more human.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:comeon: T'Challa always been the the Pinnacle a black excellence when it came Marvel and black superheroes.

All this is doing is making tchalla out to be more human.
:stopitslime: No shyt he's the "pinnacle of black excellence" and all that mumbo jumbo.

All this is doing is changing him from being a King to something else because that's what the fuk Coates feels like doing :mjlol:

Until the next writer comes along and undoes it, like what always happens in comics.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I mean if tchalla didn't get involved with phoniex 5, Wakanda would not have went to war wit Atlantis, which caused Namor to lied to thanos and then caused the cabal to come back again and llegit wipe out half of Wakanda. Whole point is T'Challa hasn't been a good king. My man been putting friendships and his quest for fun over Wakanda.

Back in the day Wakanda was ruled by those that resist the temptation of being hero, T'Challa couldn't, it's not his fault.

Earth's mightest hero's he made the council in charge of Wakanda while he became avenger. I see nothing wrong with that

Didn't know the bold happened before :leon: