Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I liked the ritual fights more than the action sequences.

Just pure fisticuffs without any extra acrobatic shyt.
Me too. I wish they were longer tbh. In the books, they'd fight for hours, with rounds like old school boxing. Wish Coogler would've played to that angle and shot it like a mesh of all the Creed bouts.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What i meant was take away the herb from them both and straight up I don't see t'challa beating killmonger

Killmonger was in a new country, new terrain, had no one in his corner , had a crooked earl hebner type ref and still came out on top

But but t'challa could have but he held back ol' Shane Mosley had Mayweather in the second round azz nikkas
Whoa..gertung kind of wild here..he had prep time. Knew about T Challa, knew that killing Klaw was the ketlypoint to getting the ear of a general...it was written for him to be formidable..just like Bane was for Batman in the triology.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Some other things I noticed.
  • The Queen Mother looked like an older (yet still fine) Storm.
  • Marvel just set up Wakanda for the same fukkery that actual African countries face now.
  • T'Hyon is in the Great Beyond with T'Chaka. That convo has got to be lit! "Sup Unc. What's good?" :russ:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I'm not that familiar with the comics, so if that is the case thanks for the info. From my perspective, it's just seemed forced. Not even about a white character, would have preferred maybe a better white character , use bucky, let them restore his arm, that would have came across better imo. I mean dam thor got hulk, we couldn't get better than a fed?

In the comics, the CIA agent (Ross) worked for the State Department and assisted foreign nationals in America. He ended up being assigned to T'Challa and they eventually became friends with Ross helping Panther.

MCU wise they actually established their friendship in Civil War, when Ross helped looked for BP's father.

Last edited:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Both Tchalla and Killmonger had flawed but understandable views. We see kill's flaw in that scene where the Get Out Breh looks around the battlefield and sees his people fighting each other and realizes this ain't the way and surrenders. I understand how you wanna use the tools available to take the fight to them, but you trampling over your own in the process ain't the way. Like T'challa says you become the exact thing you hate.

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
I'm on my Iraq interior minister type steeze for the one true king killmonger

By the tribal rules he is the true king, The honorable King Erik Killmonger the first.

Without powers a military trained killing machine vs a soft ass prince, but but he could have won, but but he held back, get the fukk out of here with that bullshyt.

Playing by the tribal rules one covered himself in glory the others family disgraced him and showed that the rich will stop at nothing to keep their boot heels on the throats of the ordinary man.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
By the tribal rules he is the true king, The honorable King Erik Killmonger the first.

Without powers a military trained killing machine vs a soft ass prince, but but he could have won, but but he held back, get the fukk out of here with that bullshyt.

Playing by the tribal rules one covered himself in glory the others family disgraced him and showed that the rich will stop at nothing to keep their boot heels on the throats of the ordinary man.
T'Challa isn' no soft Prince. His training is elite on the world level...he has beat Spider Man and punked Cap...punked the FF with ease. Lol.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Man... Michael B. Jordan always stands out and love his balance of intensity, but still knock it out of the park in maintaining his charisma.

The psychological make up for Killmonger character of misguided through personal trauma psychopath, but still one of that is clearly a righteous cause. The rage festering inside of him is such a relatable feeling. It's not vocally apparent and it is never is in real life, but beautifully acted by Jordan through his mannerisms and posture. He walks so heavy and tenses in his shoulder, but uses his charisma and charm to deflect. You can see him steaming with a smile. An amazing representation of a traumatize psychopath. Even when he becomes king. He loosens up, but then let his rage out vocally. For the first time in the film, you understand scope of state of mind is so entrenched in rage and revenge. He projected his own enslavement to the harsh and unfair circumstances dealt by his own people... his own blood abandoning him. It rings a lot of real world parallels.

It's the basis to his crusade. He wanted freedom from the weight of his father's death and his abandonment. No doubt even in his misguided psychopathic rage, he rang a lot of truth and even acknowledge that his existence and being is enslaved to his father's death and abandonment. It's one thing to let a system oppress you. It's another for blood to abandon you. It is totally different thing when you mind gets absorb by those very things that it owns you. He knew he was going to die in the end to truly be free from his prison.

I still need to rewatch it on whether he was trying to crumple the city from within or really trying to take over the world. Being portrayed as intellect, I believe he knew that idea is foolish in this universe. I honestly believe that he wanted Wakanda secrets to be exposed and watch it crumple like the madman that he is.

At the end, it struck a real cord when he shown the humanity left in him, but he knew death was the only thing that would make him feel free of this burden and rage.

He is Marvel's most well-crafted and relatable antagonist to date with so many psychological layers that make him a joy to watch when he gets screen time. They did an amazing job of showcasing the villain with a heart that was so broken. Even with his deranged and unstable madness, he is the heart of the film and cultivation of so many raw emotions that made this film great.

Bravo.

Last edited: