Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man I was cool with Killmonger being killed at first...but now that I think about it. I hope that T'Challa ended up saving him and they bring him back. I don't want to see him necessarily turn "good" but I think it'd be kinda dope for him to be in a sequel. I think his character has a lot more to offer.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Man I was cool with Killmonger being killed at first...but now that I think about it. I hope that T'Challa ended up saving him and they bring him back. I don't want to see him necessarily turn "good" but I think it'd be kinda dope for him to be in a sequel. I think his character has a lot more to offer.
Same. I like Killmonger but his plan hasn't gonna work.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
This.

I think they recognized that M'Baku was a fairly one-note (and potentially offensive) character, and they took the opportunity to improve him and give him some depth.

He was the character who surprised me the most. I liked the fact that despite his disagreements with T'Challa, he was able to prioritize Wakanda's internal stability over his own personal gripes.

:bpsalute:
He still needed a costume. Not even a helmet :stopitslime:

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
I loved how the Mountian tribe came in :smile: I was watching a review and people were wondering if they had tech like they did see those light oh and how their home was built into the mountian.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved the movie and will probably see it again tomorrow. Killmonger was no joke and and had some solid points, but I gotta keep it a hunnid that nikka was also nuts.

When T'challa said "I AM YOUR KING NOW" I wanted to clap. I felt that shyt. That and Killmonger's last words were my two favorite lines in the whole movie.

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219
Now that I'm thinking back, did Killmonger's girl even have a line before she died?

Right when the shyt was poppin' off in the museum, she was working at her stand watching it go down & then called in for her break and took off with Killmonger. That's the only line I can recall from her.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Alright...just got done over an hour ago. Very good. What is clear from the theater reaction is that everyone loved Shuri's little lines and reactions in general...Killmonger? Good villain. Strong motivation and a Black Supremacist goal? That's cool. I was wondering how Panther survived that fall...So that was a cute little curveball.

The main characters all pretty much shined. The importance of Vibranium shined as well. The most important component and of course it creating all those nice add ons for TChalla.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Just saw it I couldn't believe what I watched. King Killmonger had the keys and these Wakandan fakkits teamed up with a cac and got in the way.:ohhh:
Any kids come up to my door on halloween as Black Panther ain't getting shyt. :birdman:
Lowkey, he was absolutely right :mjpls:

"The right thing" does not work with cacs. Never has. Never will. I aint mad at him.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
False on Spider-Man.

Spider-Man single-handedly has beaten the Avengers (Thor, Iron Man, Cap, Widow, Hawkeye)
He kicked the X men's ass in Secret War too..ETHERED the fukk outta of Wolverine.
main-qimg-1884809c46eb536a492a40d24d8e6a7d