NYU serves kool aid and watermelon water for black history month

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Actually6Foot3 said:
I never got the water melon stereotype must be a black American thing but even then I've never seen anyone go hard for some damn water melon.

After the Civil War, freed Black people grew, ate and sold watermelons and made it a symbol of their newfound freedom.

'White' people, in typical fashion, turned it into a 'meme' and totally reversed it's meaning to denigrate ALL Blacks.

I don't like watermelon, but I absolutely HATE 'White' people.

:stopitslime:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I would be fukking pissed too

Everyone knows it’s grape kool-aid. And if you want to be really specific grape drank. But that watermelon shyt definitely an inside cac joke. What the fukk is that? Is it like when they put lemon or cucumber slices in the water?
Yessir..I do not adhere or recognize grape juice. Juice is not Drink.
Detail-GrapeDrink.png

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
I sorta understand the anger some of us would feel, but, at the same time, those menu choices wouldn't stop me from fixing a plate or two.......unless they didn't season the collard greens right or put enough sugar in the Kool-Aid. They should have had some neckbones and okra on the menu.

Hell, my grandma was cooking just like that.

I miss my grandma........:mjcry:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
I’m guessing y’all missed the part of the article that said black folks put that menu together.

Probably some old ass black lady in the back made that menu up and thought nothing of it.

You nikkas really mad about some damn Kool Aid :gucci:

So y’all can drink Kool Aid in the comfort of home but not in public :mjlol:

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo :dead:

random thought, is there really anything bad or malicious when it comes to food "stereotypes". EVERYONE on this planet literally eats something everyday, why watch or care about food opinions so hard?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
After the Civil War, freed Black people grew, ate and sold watermelons and made it a symbol of their newfound freedom.

'White' people, in typical fashion, turned it into a 'meme' and totally reversed it's meaning to denigrate ALL Blacks.

I don't like watermelon, but I absolutely HATE 'White' people.

:stopitslime:

The Watermelon stereotype came from the Thomas Edison film clip of two black men having a watermelon eating contest in 1896

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I sorta understand the anger some of us would feel, but, at the same time, those menu choices wouldn't stop me from fixing a plate or two.......unless they didn't season the collard greens right or put enough sugar in the Kool-Aid. They should have had some neckbones and okra on the menu.

Some fried okra with some fried corn, cabbage, & ribs :feedme:

I woulda had 3 plates in that bytch. Instead, they were ashamed of let cacs punk them out

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem

This some real AA shyt :wow:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
AuntAnniesPretzels said:
Nobody’s offended. New York just has a LOT of septum nose pierce wearing Shea butters.

Hoteps gon' Hotep.

Probably gonna be a bunch of 'em protesting outside the school wearing Power Rangers outfits and telling us Chinese people are actually a lost tribe of Black people.​