Nike runs AD campaign featuring Black Londoners. Asians are furious

Daps
This is fascinating to me, because having our own stuff is usually given as the solution for situations like this when black Americans don't get represented. Now you have a group of people in another country, who have their own stuff in that country, are not economically dependant on whites, yet they still get mad when they aren't represented. They're also calling each other out for racism directed towards blacks, while not blaming the white people who own the company, and created the commercial!

:skip:

It's not quite the same, because those people packed up, and CHOSE to live there, compared to us being kidnapped, and brought here by force, and receiving nothing, but it's interesting that it usually comes down to begging the white people to include you. I'm just amazed white folks have managed to create a global system where other groups will fight among ourselves before blaming the puppet master. Brilliant

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
cant really complain, nike created a sports hijib for asain women, asains were in the advert , maybe they didnt get big roles but who cares , its not about colour or shouldn't even be about that, its culture, young london culture , i personally feel like nike did a very good job here and it could of been way worse

me personally i see it as fake outrage
08HIJAB2-web-blog427.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all, are there any elite South Asian athletes Nike neglected to include? I'm not too familiar with British athletics but if there are none of note, then this really isn't exclusion.

Secondly, why are these Pakistanis and Indians signaling out black people? Last I checked Nike is run by whites. Why don't they go at crakkkas for this racism?

This is the problem with non-black minorities. They never attack white people for anything. They would rather attack black people. Bunch of bytch ass wannabe cacs.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The thing is we're always gonna be the coolest people in the room, so that's a given. Everyone imitates us but no one is checking for asians culturally like that at all.

Asians (like whites) only want to be involved whenever we get attention or have anything for ourselves. I remember when that asian chick M.I.A. was chosen to headline the Afropunk event and was talking slick shyt about the black people, I didn't hear no asians complaining about anything then.

To me the real shine is us getting our economic shyt together and having a stronger black family unit. Being "cool" is just a byproduct of who we are naturally as a people, but until we make REAL progress I don't celebrate shyt. The asians have a strong economic base, they need to just be happy about that and keep their mouths shut instead of bytching when they look down on black people anyway.

Blacks In The UK Entrenched In Racial Inequality, Living In Poverty, Job Discrimination (BBC REPORT)

But I don't wanna take away from the ad because it is dope. I just look at the bigger picture.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Commercial brought a tear to my eyes, UK fam big tings a gwarn:mjcry:

I certainly see the argument that they shoulda had more asians though, South Asians (pakistani/indians) are defo a big part of London.

Coulda had Indian shopkeeper behind the till or coulda had an Asian kid playing cricket. :mjlol:

But then again a lot of asians settle for the model minority role so they can't really complain about not being represented like that. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
It's hilarious.

Thing is I've got a fair few asian friends/people I know and the majority that I've met are good people for the most part.

But there is a lot of anti-blackness in their community which is ironic as most young Asians are heavily into black culture, from the music they listen to, how they dress and most notably how they talk. I'd say around half the views generated by GRM, Link Up TV, SB.TV etc. come from Asian kids.

With UK Asians (and when se say Asians over here we mean South Asians like Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans etc. not Oriental/Far East Asians) they're the biggest ethnic group in the UK, they're also the most successful and wealthiest. Yet black people in this country have always been more culturally relevant than them.

White people were also hating on this, normally its there demographic that gets chosen to represent London in things like this. To me thats always been a faux representation because most of those people are just gentrifiers that have moved here from some village out in the sticks and now think they're on stuff because they live in a gentrified part of Hackney.

Me personally I love the ad, it's an accurate representation of young modern day Londoners and the culture in this city. Like one of the tweets said black people are never allowed to shine without white people getting mad, and on this occasion Asians as well.
:salute:

NYC Warrior

Dat ole real sh*t
Daps
Reppin
BX
so I went on twitter and saw that some shorties I follow on there were tweeting "fukk these other groups, they ain't for us" and "from now on i'm strictly for black people" so after digging deeper I found out that conversation kickstarted over an ad campaign Nike is running that features black artists and sports people from London and apparently Asians got enraged because they supposedly aren't in it/feel underepresented

:mjpls:

asian dude was trying to shyt on a breh talking bout some "yall have no intellectual credentials", breh is a doctor from cambridge, asian dude deleted his tweet:

good to see UK nikkas got on code and told them asians to kick rocks. might be the first time i seen this:

:leon::leon::leon:

i tried to find more tweets from the asians but a lot of their tweets were deleted and others was just them copping pleas when the pressure came and tbh i dunno these sides of twitter well. the sad thing about this is that its about Nike marketing

:mjlol: Napolean's relatives mad as fukk. :umad:
:mjlol: Breh sonning that punjabi cat with his credentials and made him delete his tweet.

We getting on code worldwide. :smugdraper:

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
:rudy: Don't even get me started on these people.

Tell them to address folks like this in their communities then get back to me:

I wish the whole thing was up cos he said way more than that.

Until then I couldn't give two fukks what they have to say about anything.

Glad you posted that clip. Saw the full documentary when it originally aired 10+ years ago. Seeing this as a yout completely killed the whole "ethnic minority coalition" fallacy for me.

However, the Asian c*nt was right about one thing. It is pretty disgraceful how black people do not have more of an economic foothold in the UK.

The "Wind Rush" generation and their offspring are the literal definition of bedbucking/bedwenching. All they cared about was sexual access.

Daps
Glad you posted that clip. Saw the full documentary when it originally aired 10+ years ago. Seeing this as a yout completely killed the whole "ethnic minority coalition" fallacy for me.

However, the Asian c*nt was right about one thing. It is pretty disgraceful how black people do not have more of an economic foothold in the UK.

The "Wind Rush" generation and their offspring are the literal definition of bedbucking/bedwenching. All they cared about was sexual access.

Probably harder for blacks because of diversity. I'd bet a healthy percentage of Asians in the UK are either Pakistani Muslim or Punjabi (Sikh or Hindu). The blacks have roots all over Africa along with different islands in the Caribbean.

My understanding is that the African blacks are in pretty good shape but the West Indians struggle more.....not sure if that's right though.