New York City Is Turning Into Abu Dhabi

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I experienced the opposite, an ocean front view in the projects.

tumblr_m7b5xwzfgC1r1tiqco1_500.jpg

This is a picture I took years ago from the window of the apartment I was residing in during my 2 year stay in one of the numerous low income neighborhoods of Far Rockaway. Its a view from my window that I would wake up to everyday. It was the perfect example of the “yin yang." The top of the picture represents nature while the bottom represents that which is man made. I found it ironic that the housing projects I was living in was a not so attractive cliche of every ghetto in America, meanwhile just a few feet away was one of the most beautifulest visuals I have ever seen in my life. Its the property owners who benefit from the revolving door system that is involved in low income housing. This picture captures the perfect duality between man and the unknown. God and money, two of the biggest motivating factors in this world.
thats gotta be the ugliest, most depressing view I've ever seen. Looks like u took it in a prison

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
LOL @ living in NYC earning less than 75K a year :mjlol:

Working just to work at that point. You aren't really enjoying any of the amenities when so much of your income is going toward your bills, student loans, and transportation.

Enjoy your soup and crackers for dinner. Bread if your lucky

Daps
Reppin
VOID
LOL @ living in NYC earning less than 75K a year :mjlol:

Working just to work at that point. You aren't really enjoying any of the amenities when so much of your income is going toward your bills, student loans, and transportation.

Enjoy your soup and crackers for dinner. Bread if your lucky
At that point, your just living on government assistance.

Two types of cards people use here...

One of these...
american-express-platinum-card.jpg

or one of these....

28stampspan-1-articleLarge.jpg

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thats gotta be the ugliest, most depressing view I've ever seen. Looks like u took it in a prison

:heh:

Yeah right. I got a bunch of pictures. Thats from my room, the real view was in the living room. On a real sunny day visitors would get hypnotized looking out the window. Bring a female thru not familiar with Far Rock, Get them real nice with the liqs and then pull that curtain back.....and BAM! They would always get hypnotized. Anyone who looked at that view got hypnotized. I would notice people always slipping to my window just to gaze. Me of course I was used to it but on certain days when u just needed to clear that head...U could gaze in teh face of the waters and evaporate for a while....Ocean Villiage was a sh*t hole but I had love for a lot of people their and when u got love u have a cheatcode that helps overlook the ugly.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
:heh:

Yeah right. I got a bunch of pictures. Thats from my room, the real view was in the living room. On a real sunny day visitors would get hypnotized looking out the window. Bring a female thru not familiar with Far Rock, Get them real nice with the liqs and then pull that curtain back.....and BAM! They would always get hypnotized. Anyone who looked at that view got hypnotized. I would notice people always slipping to my window just to gaze. Me of course I was used to it but on certain days when u just needed to clear that head...U could gaze in teh face of the waters and evaporate for a while....Ocean Villiage was a sh*t hole but I had love for a lot of people their and when u got love u have a cheatcode that helps overlook the ugly.
That...that was beautiful :dwillhuh:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
At that point, your just living on government assistance.

Two types of cards people use here...

One of these...
american-express-platinum-card.jpg

or one of these....

28stampspan-1-articleLarge.jpg

So not true.....

I miss foodstamps. It literally was free food. My era was the paper food stamps tho......The days of being able to buy Chinese food with food stamps. I rememeber when everyone in NYC was doing the welfare hustle. It was basically free money. You got a check for doing nothing. Clinton shut all that down. Not to sound like I'm celebrating it but I was getting a welfare check, stamps and I had a job. Everyone was doing it. I swear it was almost as if the government was letting us take advantage, thats why I snickered when Cedric the entertainer said Welfare was our reparations. . But the ride all ended by the late 90's when u had to go to work for a check. I was already in college first year when they sent me a letter saying I had to work for my check. LMAO @ me being in college getting financial aide and still getting a check from welfare. 90's NYC was so classic.