My quest to lose 30lbs in 2 months begins today..

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You have to start slow. Maybe 5 to 10 minutes. Jumping rope might actually fix your leg problems. It'll increase your bone density and it's easier on your joints your knees ankle and hip won't really hurt at all you're not doing box jumps or anything. The main reason you might have to start slow is due to rhythm. Your body takes a minute to get in the rhythm of jumping and holding your shyt together then your mentally timing the rope and physically jumping on time- there are mental, physically conscious and physically unconscious factors at play.
I got a rope and space at the crib. Ill give it a shot tomorrow

Um. Ghouls

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The climb
Lost 23 pounds due to a couple rough flu's back to back. Never gained it back lolol.

Goodluck though

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Keep it up breh. Take your time it's not a race. What worked for me was to keep things as basic as possible till dieting and exercise became a regular part of my life. Also don't quit if you mess up. One day of drinking shouldn't stop you from making a week of progress.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got a rope and space at the crib. Ill give it a shot tomorrow

shyt if it's nice out step outside and do it. Or inside youll be aight. I use a cheap digital jump rope that has a counter it's like 4 bucks 0 shipping on amazon/ebay. You might be able to find one locally

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
shyt if it's nice out step outside and do it. Or inside youll be aight. I use a cheap digital jump rope that has a counter it's like 4 bucks 0 shipping on amazon/ebay. You might be able to find one locally
Nah ill cop on Amazon

And i got a garage so ill do it in there. Already got a reflex bag in it as well

I would rep you but its not there

Lost 23 pounds due to a couple rough flu's back to back. Never gained it back lolol.

Goodluck though
I wish i got sick like that lol.

When i had surgery i lost like 20lbs and loved it.

Keep it up breh. Take your time it's not a race. What worked for me was to keep things as basic as possible till dieting and exercise became a regular part of my life. Also don't quit if you mess up. One day of drinking shouldn't stop you from making a week of progress.
Yeah i still plan on sipping some wine here and there. Its good for the heart lol.

But im trying to make this last. Im almost at a week not smoking:blessed:

My days off going to be the hardest parts

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Might be able to find one like it cheaper it just counts the jumps and has a timer and alarm, I wear a watch so I use that but the jump counter is a must.

I appreciate the rep but I'm just here for good vibes, I'm active anyway, cycling, regular cardiovascular and bodyweight exercise but I'm going to bump my shyt up cause my girl is pregnant.I want to look at him and establish dominance from day 1

Nah ill cop on Amazon

And i got a garage so ill do it in there. Already got a reflex bag in it as well

I would rep you but its not there

I wish i got sick like that lol.

When i had surgery i lost like 20lbs and loved it.

Yeah i still plan on sipping some wine here and there. Its good for the heart lol.

But im trying to make this last. Im almost at a week not smoking:blessed:

My days off going to be the hardest parts

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Might be able to find one like it cheaper it just counts the jumps and has a timer and alarm, I wear a watch so I use that but the jump counter is a must.

I appreciate the rep but I'm just here for good vibes, I'm active anyway, cycling, regular cardiovascular and bodyweight exercise but I'm going to bump my shyt up cause my girl is pregnant.I want to look at him and establish dominance from day 1

Bought my jump rope breh:blessed:

Daps
Off the top of my head, maybe about 2000 on average

You keep tracking of protein intake or no?

I'm going on a cut Monday, trying to get to about 8-9% body fat I'm currently at 12% right now. Gonna eat 2500 calories a day

Main thing you gotta do is get that protein in that helps build and keep the muscle,unless you don't care about losing muscle.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You keep tracking of protein intake or no?

I'm going on a cut Monday, trying to get to about 8-9% body fat I'm currently at 12% right now. Gonna eat 2500 calories a day

Main thing you gotta do is get that protein in that helps build and keep the muscle,unless you don't care about losing muscle.
Nah i dont care that much

And im not counting protein intake. Like i said, i wasnt even taking it like i used to.

I used to do all this when i was younger, now im just like 2-3 watered down protein shakes, some salads, some chicken, eventually some fruit and thats all i wanna eat.

Last night i had to hit the fast food joint for food on my night shift. Chicken salad, no dressing, and some chili. I was cool all night. Busting ass all night but i was good. I haven't even ate today but im about to crash anyway. I was gonna hit the gym but my plans changed. To be honest, the only reason i was even gonna go to the gym today anyway is because this BAD chick is there around 3pm every weekend while im in there hitting the bags. I was using her as motivation because I think she be peeping and i do too.

I was supposed to be there at 3 yesterday but went in later because i was tired af and i went in later.

I might go later depending on how i feel though.

But yeah, for my height i think 200+ isnt a good weight. Around 170-180 is straight to me. I can still rep 225 x 15 easy. I can still hit 20+ pullups easy. I just dont want to be short and bulky anymore so i dont mind losing mass if it means i can do certain shyt. Im not playing football anymore so it dont matter and being slim and boxing is more beneficial than lifting crazy weight.

Like i said, i lost like 20lbs after my surgeries and i looked pretty good. Trying to get back there without any outside shyt. Plus i look more than what i weigh anyway.

And i know how to lose weight. Burn more calories than you intake. So Im trying to eat leaner at least. Im not fat, everyone says that im just not what i used to be.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah i dont care that much

And im not counting protein intake. Like i said, i wasnt even taking it like i used to.

I used to do all this when i was younger, now im just like 2-3 watered down protein shakes, some salads, some chicken, eventually some fruit and thats all i wanna eat.

Last night i had to hit the fast food joint for food on my night shift. Chicken salad, no dressing, and some chili. I was cool all night. Busting ass all night but i was good. I haven't even ate today but im about to crash anyway. I was gonna hit the gym but my plans changed. To be honest, the only reason i was even gonna go to the gym today anyway is because this BAD chick is there around 3pm every weekend while im in there hitting the bags. I was using her as motivation because I think she be peeping and i do too.

I was supposed to be there at 3 yesterday but went in later because i was tired af and i went in later.

I might go later depending on how i feel though.

But yeah, for my height i think 200+ isnt a good weight. Around 170-180 is straight to me. I can still rep 225 x 15 easy. I can still hit 20+ pullups easy. I just dont want to be short and bulky anymore so i dont mind losing mass if it means i can do certain shyt. Im not playing football anymore so it dont matter and being slim and boxing is more beneficial than lifting crazy weight.

Like i said, i lost like 20lbs after my surgeries and i looked pretty good. Trying to get back there without any outside shyt. Plus i look more than what i weigh anyway.

And i know how to lose weight. Burn more calories than you intake. So Im trying to eat leaner at least. Im not fat, everyone says that im just not what i used to be.

I will say make sure you do the bare esssentials, which are bodyweight squats and pushups daily.

Bodyweight squats are things like going from a seated position to a standing position. Upon waking like brushing my teeth every morning I immediately hit 100 bw squats, it literally takes 2 mins if that, then I do 100 pushups. These bodyweight movements are essential for daily living and if you do about 100 of each a day in addition to your daily life you'll maintain and not lose any strength or muscle. Now truth be told you really want to do about 200 each, so typically i'll do the bare essentials when I get up, then when I work out I do more.

They say you can't build muscle or that its hard to shed fat lbs while gaining and maintaining muscle. Muscles burn fat, the bw exercises are going to keep your body working. Your basically shoveling coal into a furnace. Your body is the furnance, as you do your intense cardio (we might as well call it what it is, because its not casual) you don't have to shed the lbs and have the loose skin and flabby body, you can lose the fat to reveal a carved and developed muscular frame.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I will say make sure you do the bare esssentials, which are bodyweight squats and pushups daily.

Bodyweight squats are things like going from a seated position to a standing position. Upon waking like brushing my teeth every morning I immediately hit 100 bw squats, it literally takes 2 mins if that, then I do 100 pushups. These bodyweight movements are essential for daily living and if you do about 100 of each a day in addition to your daily life you'll maintain and not lose any strength or muscle. Now truth be told you really want to do about 200 each, so typically i'll do the bare essentials when I get up, then when I work out I do more.

They say you can't build muscle or that its hard to shed fat lbs while gaining and maintaining muscle. Muscles burn fat, the bw exercises are going to keep your body working. Your basically shoveling coal into a furnace. Your body is the furnance, as you do your intense cardio (we might as well call it what it is, because its not casual) you don't have to shed the lbs and have the loose skin and flabby body, you can lose the fat to reveal a carved and developed muscular frame.
I agree bro

I normally skip bodyweight squats because I honestly think theyre :wrist:

BUT i have a boxing warmup regime that i dont even include in these workout descriptions. Its just shyt I normally do regardless. So before i start, i do some shadow boxing, footwork drills, and something similar to bodyweight squats which is basically me in my fighting stance doing dips and squats in my stance. I do at least 2-3 sets of 50.. I have my hands to my chin and i squat, sometimes while holding weight to my chin to get the muscle memory of keeping my hands at home... basically preparing my body to fight short (since im short) so im doing a lot of squatting down, dipping, rolling to work on the habit of fighting short.

My coach always taight me to fight the way your body was made to.. So you wont see me leaning back and slipping, i have to get under a lot of punches and bob/roll, so thats almost a ritual before i even start throwing punches. As well as stretching, calf raises, situps, hip twists, neck rolls, etc. i dont even include it as a routine. I spend about 30 minutes just doing that, so when i say i be bullshyttin means i just be half assing that, but i do bodyweight squats just in my fighting stance. I get super low and practice throwing overhands but im a hooker... I literally box like Danny Garcia (look him up) which is basically a modified Tyson style. I dont throw many straights, really just uppercuts and hooks is where im most comfortable and powerful but i got a great jab. No bullshyt either... I jab with nikkas my height but i use the jab to distract taller cats

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@O.T.I.S. "i I agree bro

I normally skip bodyweight squats because I honestly think theyre :wrist:"

I'm not one of those people who are like "squat! squat! squat!" and all that. But bodyweight squats are essential. Anytime you go from a seating to a standing position, that is a bodyweight squat, I cringe daily--I feel like I have ms or parkinsons the way I'm always shaking and cringing just watching people struggle to stand up. I respect your opinion wholeheartedly I just hope when you don't end up in those positions, grasping for something to stand on or needing assistance, hovering over a couch or a chair and just plopping down. There are anagonist and stabilizer muscles that engage when you do a squat and those are what give out first so you hear people complaining about knees popping and hips joints getting rusty and shyt. :yeshrug: to me its a small price to pay, id rather do a quick 100-200 a day and feel comfortable knowing my shyt won't just quit on me one day.