Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
jordan2_090826.jpg

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
He didn't even attempt a single 3 either besides the end of the 4th:merchant:
One of the most impressive things was the clutch free throws he made being by himself with no time on the clock to send it to OT. How many young cats would have:lupe: in that situation?

MJ competitiveness and wanting to win was always GOAT. Not afraid of moments. His mentality always been like that but I believe the GAWD Dean Smith further developed it and gave him wisdom. Hence the coolness of him dropping that game winner against Georgetown as a freshman.

GOAT

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The context behind this makes it even more impressive. Jordan was in just his 2nd year, missed damn near the ENTIRE season due to as leg injury, came back to face what many still regard as one of the greatest teams ever in NBA history (at least within the top five greatest), scored like over 40 something points the 1st game, and many claimed "I bet he can't do that again", and then fuccked around and did 63 against a prime ass Larry Bird and the rest of that squad. Even if it was on a losing effort, that game BIRTH the legend of Jordan. Before that, people viewed Jordan as a dope player, but among a lot of dope players that were around that time, and not even elite due to him barely playing the entire season and it was his 2nd year. After that, people were rushing to cop them some J's.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
That Larry Bird led Boston Celtics team had 5 HALL OF FAME PLAYERS and one of the greatest defensive teams ever. They won 67 games that year I believe. Jordan averaged 44 ppg 6 rpg and 6 apg. This was AFTER coming off a broken foot injury. He missed 63 games. Go back and look at the game and listen to the broadcast. The announcer said, "They are gonna try and run this thing through Jordan". In other words, Chicago was SHYT and all they had was Jordan. He single handedly nearly won that game. Milwaukee and Boston were 60+ win teams Mike has to face in the FIRST ROUND. That's for you idiots that know shyt about NBA history and always refer to Jordan's 1-9 record before Pippen was DRAFTED and developed.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Statpadder

Got swept

:lolbron:
DAWG...it's sad because that would probably be the EXACT narrative today.

That Larry Bird led Boston Celtics team had 5 HALL OF FAME PLAYERS and one of the greatest defensive teams ever. They won 67 games that year I believe. Jordan averaged 44 ppg 6 rpg and 6 apg. This was AFTER coming off a broken foot injury. He missed 63 games. Go back and look at the game and listen to the broadcast. The announcer said, "They are gonna try and run this thing through Jordan". In other words, Chicago was SHYT and all they had was Jordan. He single handedly nearly won that game. Milwaukee and Boston were 60+ win teams Mike has to face in the FIRST ROUND. That's for you idiots that know shyt about NBA history and always refer to Jordan's 1-9 record before Pippen was DRAFTED and developed.

Exactly. And you raise a great point....that Jordan never embraced the "he needs help" argument PUBLICLY. He may have said it privately, but it was never used as an EXCUSE for his failures. In fact, the criticism against him at THAT time (when this game was played) - and thus, the stated reasons for his failures - was that "all he can do is score, he's not a defender nor a leader." But then you look at who's on the court with him in THIS game....are you kidding me? Brad Sellers? Like, get the hell out of here :russ:

I don't think it has anything to do with the ACTUAL game, either...it has more to do with the increase in a postmodern worldview from a SOCIETAL perspective, cause it's not just sports that gets this "type" of criticism.

But I digress...

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

So crispy...

@Optimus Prime came through and crushed the buildings. :salute:

The context behind this makes it even more impressive. Jordan was in just his 2nd year, missed damn near the ENTIRE season due to as leg injury, came back to face what many still regard as one of the greatest teams ever in NBA history (at least within the top five greatest), scored like over 40 something points the 1st game, and many claimed "I bet he can't do that again", and then fuccked around and did 63 against a prime ass Larry Bird and the rest of that squad. Even if it was on a losing effort, that game BIRTH the legend of Jordan. Before that, people viewed Jordan as a dope player, but among a lot of dope players that were around that time, and not even elite due to him barely playing the entire season and it was his 2nd year. After that, people were rushing to cop them some J's.

:salute: and repped for FACTS.