Michael B Jordan Gets Racist Backlash For Being Cast As Human Torch

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It doesn't bother them, it only bothers them when they change the race of white characters.

Cast a non white actor in a white role: "This is bullshyt affirmative action P.C. Garbage designed to pander to minorities." "It's reverse racism." "It's fukking Obamas fault"

Cast a white actor in a non white role: "They just hired the best possible actors for the job". "They just wanted the most well known actor they could find to bring in a bigger audience". "Most anime characters are drawn to look white anyway".

I know a lot of people who like Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury character but when I casually tell them that the version that they're seeing is the Ultimate Nick Fury and he was originally white in the comics they're like :dwillhuh:. It blows their mind. :pachaha:But in all of those cases, they're eventually like :yeshrug:and they don't really make a race issue or anything.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. White people were being cacs then too. In the books, they were described as dark brown skinned people that lived around the area that was once Atlanta. Cacs were like "technically Indians, East Asians and Hispanics could be dark brown"....I really read that dumb shyt on YouTube. East Asians in fukkin Atlanta :camby:

You know they full of sh*t cuz in the book, Katniss was described as having olive skin, dark eyes and dark hair which meant she was supposed to look Mediterreanean, Middle Eastern or some type of ethnic look but the studios put a straight white girl to play her.....obviously none of those cacs gave a fukk about literary accuracy then :camby:

And that's been my point all along. They only care about this shyt when it's a person of color playing a role intended for a white character. They also ignore the fact that most (not all) roles in television and film could be played by someone of ANY race.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
fuk them cac
WjPZXXb.gif

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
studios got to satisfy the massas I mean masses

I wouldn't even say that, I recall seeing some study a while back that said black audiences actually go to the theaters way more than other groups. If anything we're grossly underrepresented in films.

Also funny how the Fast and Furious film franchise isn't being looked at as proof that predominantly non white casts can be successful. Those movie bring in tons of money, the lone white dude in the group is easily the least liked character, yet nobody is trying to copy that formula even though another study said films with racial and ethnic diversity tend to preform better at the box office.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
I wouldn't even say that, I recall seeing some study a while back that said black audiences actually go to the theaters way more than other groups. If anything we're grossly underrepresented in films.

Also funny how the Fast and Furious film franchise isn't being looked at as proof that predominantly non white casts can be successful. Those movie bring in tons of money, the lone white dude in the group is easily the least liked character, yet nobody is trying to copy that formula even though another study said films with racial and ethnic diversity tend to preform better at the box office.
its like captain planet of illegal street racing and heists

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Damn this thread is getting my anger up. I was happy as fukk the way Iron man 3 handled Manderin. At first i was upset that they did not cast an Asian to play him but then i realized that the character was racist as fukk so I didn't care that they got a half white half Indian dude to play the role. Then i read people on line trying to justify the casting by saying Kingsley was technically asian so it work. :camby:

then when the serve happened and people got upset i was like :blessed:.

brilliant idea.

why did i bring up iron because this thread got my racism angry and i am drunk.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Black Panther race is an important part of his character. He's from a highly advanced and XENOPHOBIC African Nation.

Human Torch's race isn't important to his character at all. He just has to be a handsome, hot headed, frat boy type.

There are some black characters who's race isn't and important part of their character, but Black Panther sure as hell aint one of them.
I don't remember posting a white person being cast as BP. If marvel is willing to cast a black man as a previously known aryian than they will revert to the hollywood "we got the best actor for the job" nonsense. We know hollywood would rather hire fair skinned actors for films. Marvels first choice for Rody was T Howard and only dropped him cuz they wanted a cheap negro. They nearly halted phase 1 cuz they didnt want to pay Sam L for being in 5 films. Disney owns marvel. All future black marvel characters will be light skin.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
it is a made up character in the grand scheme of things who cares?
It doesn't but I think his black status and background kind of helps keep him from being another forgettable DC fodder character who shoots lightning from his hands.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
it is a made up character in the grand scheme of things who cares?
I think when a Super hero is developed as a black superhero, they are intentionally black instead of being a generic white super hero for the sole purpose of increasing representation of minority superheroes.That goes for any Milestone comic character. Being Asian wouldnt be bad. There are dark skinned Asians that exists though.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
And that's been my point all along. They only care about this shyt when it's a person of color playing a role intended for a white character. They also ignore the fact that most (not all) roles in television and film could be played by someone of ANY race.

I didn't even see your post...:pachaha: I wouldn't have said anything if I did. I don't understand racist whites....will it really have changed the movie for you? I mean....that was the description of the character. Katniss was suppose to look something like this:

naomi-scott-01.jpg

Wouldn't have changed the movie in the slightest for me...but for these racist types, it always has to be about them. When I hear olive skin, I think about Spain, Portugal, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Albania, Armenia, those other Middle East countries I can't pronounce :pachaha: not some lily pale white girl that could play in Downton Abbey. No disrespect to Jennifer Lawrence though cuz I fukks with her.