these last two episodes
:scust:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
I watched all the episodes so far and I like the show. As far as animation goes the color and backgrounds are flat but the actual character designs are not bad.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukks with "Spectacular Spider-Man", but :duck:at it being eons better than 90's "Spider-Man: TAS"..

Spider-Man: TAS ain't fukking with Spectacular in any way, shape or form. Story, characters were miles better in Spectacular. Some might argue animation, but it wasn't great in TAS outside of the big episodes. Plus symbiote spidey vs. the sinister six is shytting on any animated piece from the old show.

Not sure how anyone could watch both shows, front to back, and make an argument for TAS.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Spider-Man: TAS ain't fukking with Spectacular in any way, shape or form. Story, characters were miles better in Spectacular. Some might argue animation, but it wasn't great in TAS outside of the big episodes. Plus symbiote spidey vs. the sinister six is shytting on any animated piece from the old show.

Not sure how anyone could watch both shows, front to back, and make an argument for TAS.

I'm saying:russ: even if you compare the same stories (black costume, green goblin, Lizard) Spectacular is on a different level. The black costume saga in the 90s show is fine and only hints at some larger issues going on with peter and the world around him. Spectacular used it as a full blown character study and piled the crap on top of him to make his attitude worse and bring the worst out of him. And nothing that show did is touching season 2's Green Goblin arc. Not a damn thing.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm saying:russ: even if you compare the same stories (black costume, green goblin, Lizard) Spectacular is on a different level. The black costume saga in the 90s show is fine and only hints at some larger issues going on with peter and the world around him. Spectacular used it as a full blown character study and piled the crap on top of him to make his attitude worse and bring the worst out of him. And nothing that show did is touching season 2's Green Goblin arc. Not a damn thing.

TAS trotted out more than a few really bad arcs, story-wise. Some of that shyt was straight :hhh: in hindsight. And when people talk about the animation being better than Spectacular, they can only be talking about the art style. Because after the second season TAS got cheap as hell with the animation itself; spidey went from this awesome, fluid web swinging style to basically doing the Tarzan swing everywhere.

TAS is like the OG Transformers, imo. The memory and what the show represented is so strong, some people overlook the fact that they weren't nearly as consistent as some of the really great cartoon series. Both shows had classic moments. Both were filled with a lot of trash as well.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
TAS trotted out more than a few really bad arcs, story-wise. Some of that shyt was straight :hhh: in hindsight. And when people talk about the animation being better than Spectacular, they can only be talking about the art style. Because after the second season TAS got cheap as hell with the animation itself; spidey went from this awesome, fluid web swinging style to basically doing the Tarzan swing everywhere.

TAS is like the OG Transformers, imo. The memory and what the show represented is so strong, some people overlook the fact that they weren't nearly as consistent as some of the really great cartoon series. Both shows had classic moments. Both were filled with a lot of trash as well.

Spot on with the transformers analogy. We watched the first season in my college suite freshman year and were all hype. Then it started and we went from :blessed: to:patrice:to:hhh:

And yeah a lot of bad storylines and just convoluted stuff in the animated series. But because we grew up on it it must be and has to be worshipped :francis: fukk outta here. The cartoon is important and good but it's flawed as hell. There are episodes I could tune out whereas every single episode of spectacular is key
When is this show on?:dwillhuh:

7am on Saturday lol. And then they replay it several times during the day. I just peep it on demand

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Spot on with the transformers analogy. We watched the first season in my college suite freshman year and were all hype. Then it started and we went from :blessed: to:patrice:to:hhh:

And yeah a lot of bad storylines and just convoluted stuff in the animated series. But because we grew up on it it must be and has to be worshipped :francis: fukk outta here. The cartoon is important and good but it's flawed as hell. There are episodes I could tune out whereas every single episode of spectacular is key

7am on Saturday lol. And then they replay it several times during the day. I just peep it on demand
Them days of Sat morning cartoons are over for me:mjcry:I don't remember the last time I watched Disney channel that previous Spiderman reaaaaally rubbed me the wrong way:wow:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Them days of Sat morning cartoons are over for me:mjcry:I don't remember the last time I watched Disney channel that previous Spiderman reaaaaally rubbed me the wrong way:wow:

Yeah ultimate was an ultimate piece of trash. I'm giving this one the same chance I gave that one tho. Just peep it on demand breh easiest way cause I'll be damned if I wake up that early on a Saturday unless I absolutely have to

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

:mjlol: i rewatched the whole series on netflix a fw years ago
nikka...... that first season was cool cause it was a continuous story... bruh the other 2 seasons was straight trash :laff::laff::laff: like they ditched the one ongoing story and just had em be a bunch of random episodes
folks get mad when you tell em the cartoon wasnt even that good