Marvel's Phase 3 Plans Don't Include Black Panther

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Wonder why? Thriving African Nation with a advanced technology populated by strong black male and females , who wants to see that :mjpls:
of course that comes into play, but i think Marvel/Disney cares about money more. Can they market BP in a way that they can maximize the money they invest in it? In other words can they sell a bunch of BP toys? People say "Guardians of the Galaxy" aren't popular either but just looking at the characters, Marvel/Disney know they can make money off those Rocket Racc00n toys. Only reason "Cars 2" got made was because its Disney's biggest toy revenue...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
of course that comes into play, but i think Marvel/Disney cares about money more. Can they market BP in a way that they can maximize the money they invest in it? In other words can they sell a bunch of BP toys? People say "Guardians of the Galaxy" aren't popular either but just looking at the characters, Marvel/Disney know they can make money off those Rocket Racc00n toys. Only reason "Cars 2" got made was because its Disney's biggest toy revenue...

Word. I think the right person can sell Black Panther and I also think its important to get a name actor for the role because the name alone "black panther" could incite confusion amongst an audience that has no idea who he is. On a side note, am I the only one who doesn't think Ant Man and Guardians are locks to make money?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
ant man has a fukking move nikka, shut up.

I'd argue that what really got Ant-Man off the ground was having a director with a distinct vision pitch it and push for it. Same with Guardians. There needs to be a director or writer who goes into Marvel/Disney with a pitch and vision that they can get behind for Black panther

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Word. I think the right person can sell Black Panther and I also think its important to get a name actor for the role because the name alone "black panther" could incite confusion amongst an audience that has no idea who he is. On a side note, am I the only one who doesn't think Ant Man and Guardians are locks to make money?
I think the BP's best bet is for him to be the perceived villain in Cap America 3. Introduce him that way like they did in that BET animated BP cartoon. Work that angle where they end up helping each other somehow against whoever the real villain would be.

I think Guardians/Antman can do the same box office that Cap 1 & The Hulk did. Not Iron Man money but still a big success...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think the BP's best bet is for him to be the perceived villain in Cap America 3. Introduce him that way like they did in that BET animated BP cartoon. Work that angle where they end up helping each other somehow against the real villain would be.

I think Guardians/Antman can do the same box office that Cap 1 & The Hulk did. Not Iron Man money but still a big success...

I'd argue against that type of box office simply because they don't have the name value of Hulk and Captain America. Not saying it can't happen but I just don't see it. Maybe the Marvel name is big enough now where it won't matter though and it'll be a success just because.

I'd actually introduce him as a villain in the avengers or a perceived villain, like the earth's mightiest heroes cartoon

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
On a side note, am I the only one who doesn't think Ant Man and Guardians are locks to make money?
I will actually be shocked if they are successful on the same level as Marvel's other more interconnected efforts.
I think that Marvel dropped the ball by not having any stingers with the Guardians or Ant Man in the last couple movies.
That after-credits scene with The Collector in Thor 2 was terrible and mainly got laughed at by the majority of the people in the movie theater I was in.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I will actually be shocked if they are successful on the same level as Marvel's other more interconnected efforts.
I think that Marvel dropped the ball by not having any stingers with the Guardians or Ant Man in the last couple movies.
That after-credits scene with The Collector in Thor 2 was terrible and mainly got laughed at by the majority of the people in the movie theater I was in.

I'd argue that it was confusing more so than laughable although I agree it didn't look good. But again, it was just confusing. There may be an Ant Man teaser coming in something who knows but yeah I don't think they're going to kill box office wise and hopefully they aren't buying the hype of the fanboys online who can't wait to see it

SoloYolo

What? Say it again!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why can't they just market black panther to Africa markets?

That's the opposite of what they'd do, the goal would be to 'americanize' him to the point where his race doesn't matter.

its the sane reason why in the comics he's no longer king of wakanda (his sister is)
, but he's king of the dead ...arguably cool as fukk to the pale folk that need to help support the movie and count as a cool toy line?

Either way I got faith the movie will come out since marvel been pushing panther in this direction for a few years now.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
SO People want to see slave movies over black super heroes movies....He's trying to save the earth as well

Basically....

Niccas helped the white man shyt on AE or not support it but then have the nerve to whine and question why no one will get behind he rush to create a black superhero franchise!! :pacspit:

While were on it Next Day Air was a VERY good movie and no one supporter it nor ever brings it up!!

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Why can't they just market black panther to Africa markets?

African or African American markets? Either way there is no money in that. Alot of Hollywood dough comes from the Midwest/Square States which are highely populated with white folks. Now in order to get them to the cinema you gotta appeal to them, appeal to their desires, appeal to their sense of imagination. Cause you know alot of these folks have shytty 9 to 5's and they aint tryna go to the movies and see a black guy save the world, smash a white woman or somehow outsmart a white man.