Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Season 3 thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Can you explain the perlmutter thing?

Ike Permutter is the CEO of Marvel Entertainment. Unfortunately he's more of a money man than anything else. He was getting in the way as Kevin Feige, head of Marvel Studios, had to go through him to make any decisions and Perlmutter was preventing/slowing things. It got to the point where Bob Iger, the head of Disney as a whole (who own marvel entertainment), swapped things around so that Feige no longer needs to report to Perlmutter, instead he reports directly to Alan Horn, the head of Disney Studios. However, Marvel Studios is separate from Marvel Television as they have different teams and different Heads. The head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb, still answers to Perlmutter. This means that there is a bigger disconnect between Marvel Studios and Marvel Television than there was before.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Ike Permutter is the CEO of Marvel Entertainment. Unfortunately he's more of a money man than anything else. He was getting in the way as Kevin Feige, head of Marvel Studios, had to go through him to make any decisions and Perlmutter was preventing/slowing things. It got to the point where Bob Iger, the head of Disney as a whole (who own marvel entertainment), swapped things around so that Feige no longer needs to report to Perlmutter, instead he reports directly to Alan Horn, the head of Disney Studios. However, Marvel Studios is separate from Marvel Television as they have different teams and different Heads. The head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb, still answers to Perlmutter. This means that there is a bigger disconnect between Marvel Studios and Marvel Television than there was before.

And thus why it reflects in the writing. There's no good reason why the avengers shouldn't know Coulson is alive and why Coulson shouldn't have gotten a movie cameo.

The inhumans was birthed on the tv show which is why it's been put on the back burner in the movies.

At the end of the day the tv show has been able to stand on its own but at the same time both sections would fair better if you integrated the show in the movies a tad.

Honestly the winter soldier tie end and the hydra reveal basically saved the show. It may not have gotten green lit for a season two.

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
And thus why it reflects in the writing. There's no good reason why the avengers shouldn't know Coulson is alive and why Coulson shouldn't have gotten a movie cameo.

The inhumans was birthed on the tv show which is why it's been put on the back burner in the movies.

At the end of the day the tv show has been able to stand on its own but at the same time both sections would fair better if you integrated the show in the movies a tad.

Honestly the winter soldier tie end and the hydra reveal basically saved the show. It may not have gotten green lit for a season two.

I think it's better for the show in the long run. I do wish they could've done something better in the first 16 episodes to keep other viewers around, the only people who have stuck with it are loyal viewers like us.

It makes me wonder if people will Netflix a few years from now once it's finished and then notice the improvement.