Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I can agree that the Man of Steel script wasn't as tight as it could have been but fukk.. that has nothing to do with Snyder. His vision was perfect. It's a beautifully shot movie with incredible set pieces and action sequences.

Watch the Batman v. Superman trailer again.. that shyt is next level. But this time it's not Goyer handling the writing. His script was rewritten but Terrio. :wow: :wow: :blessed:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt was hot ass garbage. Basically these Hollywood folks tried to combine the 70s superman 1 & 2 into a modern day movie. The story is too big to stuff in one movie. And the final fight scene was dumb as hell.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This was a solid movie, but I think Superman in general is held to SUPER high standards, it's like really how do you write a compelling story about the singular most powerful man in his respective universe.

well i would say superman isn't about beating an enemy, he's about overcoming challenges. wolverine's enemy is sabrerooth, superman's enemy is a meteor shower that's headed for earth.

imagine a scene where superman is seen stopping something like 9/11 from happening. thousands of people saved from a falling building. a movie where superman is PREVENTING disaster, not causing it. san andreas but with superman.

you want a real world superman then have him solve real world problems. shyt we're all afraid of but can't do nothing about ourselves. things we might actually NEED this guy for.

plus you have the lois lane angle, a chick he is in love with. does he stop being superman so he could enjoy a life together or does he have to keep her at an arms distance forever?

and luthor, the most powerful man in the world who controls everything, the illuminati embodied in one man... wants him dead for fukkin up his agenda.

if you really wanna up the stakes and give superman a formidable physical for then you got braniac and darkseid. dudes got aliens and galactic overlords to trade blows with.

I feel like it's so easy to make a compelling superman movie because he's such a compelling character. plus come on no other hero has cooler powers than superman. on action scenes alone he should be able to destroy every other movie. how the fukk does iron man have cooler action than superman.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Never really understood the "superman sux/you can't make a superman movie because he's too powerful" excuse at all.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
well i would say superman isn't about beating an enemy, he's about overcoming challenges. wolverine's enemy is sabrerooth, superman's enemy is a meteor shower that's headed for earth.

imagine a scene where superman is seen stopping something like 9/11 from happening. thousands of people saved from a falling building. a movie where superman is PREVENTING disaster, not causing it. san andreas but with superman.

you want a real world superman then have him solve real world problems. shyt we're all afraid of but can't do nothing about ourselves. things we might actually NEED this guy for.

plus you have the lois lane angle, a chick he is in love with. does he stop being superman so he could enjoy a life together or does he have to keep her at an arms distance forever?

and luthor, the most powerful man in the world who controls everything, the illuminati embodied in one man... wants him dead for fukkin up his agenda.

if you really wanna up the stakes and give superman a formidable physical for then you got braniac and darkseid. dudes got aliens and galactic overlords to trade blows with.

I feel like it's so easy to make a compelling superman movie because he's such a compelling character. plus come on no other hero has cooler powers than superman. on action scenes alone he should be able to destroy every other movie. how the fukk does iron man have cooler action than superman.

I'm sorry but Supes powers aren't "cool" anymore. Back in the day when the 1st movie came out they were because it was the 1st time anyone saw anything like that in live action form. Fast forward to today and it's just like the chick said at the end of Ant-Man, you got guys who can fly, climb walls, run really fast, have super strength, have their own super suit, can travel through galaxies etc. Shazam/Cap Marvel is a more entertaining version of Superman or should i say "cooler" because he's basically a kid

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I'm speaking in realistic terms bruh. Nobody would be paying attention to who's doing what during a freaking tornado. It's a dumb scene. U r not even supposed to seek shelter under an over pass as it is. But no, the winds are so intense and the visual of the actual tornado would supersede anything else going on.

Even if they did see him do it. So what. They couldn't prove it. Lol
You must never even seen a tornado or something. Where else were you supposed to seek shelter? In fact, they TELL you to seek shelter under bridges, in ditches, and under overpasses in case you are on the road and a fukking tornado is coming for you :comeon:

And If some one is running towards it guaranteed you're looking direct at the dumbass.

They were all SAFE under the bridge, they saw the guy leave and go back.

Whether you think the scene is dumb or not the fact is that the dad didn't want dude to save him or it would expose himself...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm sorry but Supes powers aren't "cool" anymore. Back in the day when the 1st movie came out they were because it was the 1st time anyone saw anything like that in live action form. Fast forward to today and it's just like the chick said at the end of Ant-Man, you got guys who can fly, climb walls, run really fast, have super strength, have their own super suit, can travel through galaxies etc. Shazam/Cap Marvel is a more entertaining version of Superman or should i say "cooler" because he's basically a kid
superman easily has the coolest powers of any superhero. shazam is basically superman just in different packaging... at the end of the day he's got super strength and could fly. same shyt really.

and yea superman has been exposed in the media for over 75 years so i understand that some of the novelty has worn off... but even spidey and hulk are out there getting A1 action scenes and really putting their skills on display. the last time I really felt like I saw superman doing superman things was shyt like the plane scene in superman returns. but even that scene was just "okay". looked awfully fake in some spots. the cgi was meh. seeing Iron man fly around in 2008 blew it right out of the water.

And I know ppl are gonna say well what about MOS action scenes but to me those weren't really all that great either. It was basically hulk vs abomination just with flying. mindless destruction. not what superman represents imo.

the spidey / doc ock stuff... iron man... hulk in avengers... cap in WS... they NAILED those guys. that shyt makes you say WOW !!

Batman and superman have yet to be captured like that on screen imo.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
You must never even seen a tornado or something. Where else were you supposed to seek shelter? In fact, they TELL you to seek shelter under bridges, in ditches, and under overpasses in case you are on the road and a fukking tornado is coming for you :comeon:

And If some one is running towards it guaranteed you're looking direct at the dumbass.

They were all SAFE under the bridge, they saw the guy leave and go back.

Whether you think the scene is dumb or not the fact is that the dad didn't want dude to save him or it would expose himself...
:dead:

Daps
I Still believe the movie sucked
- Pa Kent telling Clark to let people die
-The stupid Lois & Clark kiss while everything was going to hell around them
- Long boring fights
-Superman snapping zod neck when he could just move his head up and shyt
-That whole jesus imagery shyt Zack was trying to pull off and is still trying to do in BvS :mjlol:

I had some more problems but I'm blanking right now
I really was :snoop: at all these things right there in my theater seat but I think the tone of the film had potential it was just those fukk-ups let it down

Superman vs Faora fight was piff

Zod fight was boring

Most of the mythology was dope

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Amy Adams/Lois Lane fukked this movie up for me as soon as she popped up. The first 30 minutes or whatever were really on some epic shyt, and i'm not even crazy about comics and everything like that.

Also not a fan of those huge, extensive, destructive fight scenes like the one at the end where you can barely tell what's going on - i.e. Transformers

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
agreed. film is very dope. the tone of the film is hard to describe, but it sits with you. its hauniting in a way. the visusals in the beginning when they on supermans home planet are unmatched in many ways. only negative to me is the fight scenes when the film ends, its no different than michael bay over the top noise and confusion transformers shyt. but the acting scenes are fantastic. if hey could fix those figh scenes, make them more coherent and meaningful the film would have been perfect. ive watched that film around 6 or 7 times. not bad for a film that got shytted on my so called critics.