Louisiana looking like a straight up pro slavery state

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
You have a point to an extent but I lived there for a long time and saw police harassment way too often and for the smallest of things.

I once got pulled over and accused of having drugs because I was wearing a stocking cap while on my way to the barbershop :snoop:
at this point anyone with common sense knows this shyt is all a setup @Hacksaw Jim Thuggin

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Also from Baton Rouge and the place is depressing. Little to no new construction in North Baton Rouge. Plank road looks like Syria. You can't even find a damn salad in my old part of town. Cops will pull you over for taking your eyes off the road to sneeze. Once a cop pulled me over for not signaling a left turn while I was in the motherfukkin left turn lane :mindblown: They're looking for reasons to lock you up and I know a lot of folks still hot boxing the whip and driving with a pint or a beer like it ain't nothing. I moved after school and will only go back to visit fam but even that can get tiresome.

There's a lot of institutional oppression but the sad part is that a lot of the problems are perpetuated by black folks down there. They know the system is rigged and are voluntary participants in it. Dudes doing dumb shyt and catching charges for little to no reason and not trying to get any sort of education or job training. Folks literally celebrating ignorance talking about how they'll go "retarded" and "dumb"

I hate Louisiana with a passion. The food is :banderas: and I love my fam but damn it's a country azz backwards hell hole.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
people serving decades for minor drug possession in a slave colony. forced into basically serving cacs in all areas of life, while whites do nothing but collect income.

Yup its sad when the biggest reason they aren't legalizing weed is because they have to legit compare the income and resources of "free labor aka slave labor to the profit of taxing weed.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Yes, and I'll be out this hell hole next summer.

I will also be visiting my brother in prison tomorrow smh.

This place is a danger to the black man. I HATE it.

:snoop: sad.....I have heard horror stories about Angola from my best friend's older brother ...said them wardens have them in that hot sun picking crops like sharecroppers

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
They literally just built a jail that holds 5,000 prisoners in the middle of the city.

I was walking pass mini facilities not knowing they were holding people till I seen a bunch of guys come out in orange jumpsuits with boxes. They have so many mini facilities placed around here.

This all this place is about locking people up.

I couldn't raise a family here. I done see good kids just be punished for nothing. It's not even how you raise them it seems.

girl i swear i contemplate establishing some temporary residency just to vote against that fukk Guzman.
even under recievreship OPP or whatever they want to call it now is still dangerous trash.

and yes since the pd office is so overfunded overworked people are taking guilty plea bargains just to get out
with time served since theyve already been in there for months a year plus for some petty offense or accusation
:scust:
i wont ever forgive that fukk for leaving everyone to die in OPP and even bringing prisoners in from other parishes

IdealMan

Banned
Daps
i just watched a documentary on angola last month, its a straight horror story. there's several documentaries/shows on netflix about it, please check it out
Did you see the part where that brotha got 100 years for supposedly raping two white girls but they did a test and the white girls were still virgins? They picked him out of a line up where he was the only one in handcuffs and the other people weren't so he got picked.

Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
They assign prosecutors to act as public defenders.

Louisiana public defenders: a lawyer with a pulse will do

Begin Quote...

....a lawyer named J Keith Gates sits behind two heaps of files: one for his job as a prosecutor, the other for his job as a public defender.
“Look, it’s all courtroom work,” he says, pulling a file from each stack to show their similarities. “There’s no conflict unless you’re prosecuting and defending at the same time.”

End Quote...

:whoa: