Lionel Richie's Daughter Sofia Says People Say Racist Stuff Around Her Not Knowing She's Black

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Im as light as she is and not a single muthafukka has ever thought to say some sideways shyt out they mouth cause im "light skin". :what:
They didnt think it was okay because she was light either, they just couldnt tell she wasnt white when they said it and tried to deflect, feigning acceptance thinking she would be a c00n and bite, sparing them embarrassment.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
She got that quadroon look. If this was 1930s she could be one of those black actreses that passed for white. She could vote without a fuucked up literacy test. She could get served inside the restaurant instead of going around back.

sofia-richie-launch-young-hollywood-01.jpg

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
When does a person technically become black in your eyes?
Is there a percentage?

I've never had a litmus test, personally. It's something that's troubled me throughout the years as I noticed I only gauged my thinking through those who can be immediately identified as black. I cannot think as a mixed race person because I'm not a mixed raced person so those are thoughts that trouble me.

I don't personally want to exclude any black person in the progression of a people I identify with on a level that nothing else compares. At the end of the day, I don't know. We could just go by my earlier posts that at some point, it just doesn't matter if you had one relative who isn't of the race you are, you aren't that anymore.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
You don't even have to pass. When white people see you're mixed they'll say you're mixed but be quick to remind you you're black when they're mad at you.

I'm not surprised she identifies as black, Nicole Richie does too.

White people are just too much. I can't with them, they're exhausting. They pretend to play dumb and play reverse psychology to a T. Their antics are enough to make you have a nervous breakdown. They'll try to convince you you're not like "them" and that blacks are the real racists even though they are so disgusted by black blood they made the one drop rule.

Good for Sofia for standing up for herself.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
Light skinned people tend to hear and bear witness to some of the worse racism due to their closer proximity to whiteness. I would believe that would have an impact on why SOME lighter skinned blacks go so hard, b/c they're the ones that get to see true feelings up close.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
I've never had a litmus test, personally. It's something that's troubled me throughout the years as I noticed I only gauged my thinking through those who can be immediately identified as black. I cannot think as a mixed race person because I'm not a mixed raced person so those are thoughts that trouble me.

I don't personally want to exclude any black person in the progression of a people I identify with on a level that nothing else compares. At the end of the day, I don't know. We could just go by my earlier posts that at some point, it just doesn't matter if you had one relative who isn't of the race you are, you aren't that anymore.
What do you look like?

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
Them things ain't black, them creatures got no identity. Biracial is some term made up 2 decades ago

You sound like you post on st0rmfr0nt breh. Any real advocate of black advancement that has an intellectual grasp on the black power / civil rights movements would never diminish the contributions of biracial individuals. The colorism and divisiveness on this forum is really sad sometimes. The Coli holds such strong potential as place for digital idea sharing and wealth building but we engage in fukkkery debates that reinforce the crabs in a barrel mentality.