Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
something just hit me. On u:

A friend never leave Compton for profit or leave his best friend
Little brother, you promised you’d watch him before they shot him
Where was your antennas, on the road, bottles and bytches

(later)

Where's your antennas, where is the influence you speak of?
You preached in front of 100,000 but never reached her

Butterfly_LABELS.jpg

:ohhh:

So yes the antennas line is about the butterfly, but it's actually a quote take from "Friday after next." It's my second favorite scene from that movie. For years it's been an inside joke because most people never talk about it. Go to :56

Money Mike: Where was yo antennas when they was stealing shyt out the store
KD: I didn't see them take anything
Money Mike: Well look next time! Use ya eyes! They ain't just supposed to be hazel. They supposed to be doing some god damn work around here. This ain't fo play. I don't do this for fun.
KD: I'm sorry
Money Mike: Don't be sorry ho, be CAREFUL!

:laff: this shyt is fukkn classic to me

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"What you want you? A house or a car? Forty acres and a mule, a piano, a guitar? Anything see my name is Uncle Sam I'm your dog. Motherfukker you can live at the mall."
- Wesley's Theory

The bolded is replaced with Lucy in "Alright".

Both the white man and lucifer are trying to entice Kendrick to follow the culture of consumerism.

In the verses where says these lines he goes on to lay out the potential financial implications(Wesley's) and spiritual implications(Alright) of doing this. He also talks directly to America(For free) and Lucy(for sale) in the skits that follow both songs

Wesley's is the intro and Alright represents a significant change in the tone of the album. This was likely done on purpose and Alright is basically the intro to the second part of the album

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So yes the antennas line is about the butterfly, but it's actually a quote take from "Friday after next." It's my second favorite scene from that movie. For years it's been an inside joke because most people never talk about it. Go to :56

Money Mike: Where was yo antennas when they was stealing shyt out the store
KD: I didn't see them take anything
Money Mike: Well look next time! Use ya eyes! They ain't just supposed to be hazel. They supposed to be doing some god damn work around here. This ain't fo play. I don't do this for fun.
KD: I'm sorry
Money Mike: Don't be sorry ho, be CAREFUL!

:laff: this shyt is fukkn classic to me

LOL, my moms been saying "Don't be sorry, be careful" since I was a kid n shyt (long before that Friday movie dropped). I forgot MM said that on there.

"What you want you? A house or a car? Forty acres and a mule, a piano, a guitar? Anything see my name is Uncle Sam I'm your dog. Motherfukker you can live at the mall."
- Wesley's Theory

Both the white man and lucifer are trying to entice Kendrick to follow the culture of consumerism.

In the verses where says these lines he goes on to lay out the potential financial implications(Wesley's) and spiritual implications(Alright) of doing this. He also talks directly to America(For free) and Lucy(for sale) in the skits that follow both songs

Wesley's is the intro and Alright represents a significant change in the tone of the album. This was likely done on purpose and Alright is basically the intro to the second part of the album

Ahh..aite then. Yeah, I remember hearing the "you can live at the mall" line on two songs, but forgot which ones. Good breakdown.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
- Wesley's Theory

Which is why I said I don't need the interludes to connect everything together. It's all in the music...

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
Ohhhh, For Free is women trying to pimp him after he got real big from GKMC

damn :whoo: didn't realize it also had an connection with the title, I thought it was just a nice transition into King Kunta

Daps
Reppin
England
something just hit me. On u:

A friend never leave Compton for profit or leave his best friend
Little brother, you promised you’d watch him before they shot him
Where was your antennas, on the road, bottles and bytches

(later)

Where's your antennas, where is the influence you speak of?
You preached in front of 100,000 but never reached her

Butterfly_LABELS.jpg

:ohhh:
Fairly sure he says attendance.

Last edited: