A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
i shouldnt even come into kendrick lamars threads anymore
i try to listen and give his shyt a shot
i almost like 2 of his songs but i dont ever play them
and i just dont wanna come off as a hater

this shyt sounds worse than alot of cats shyt ....even prince's worst shyt is better than this
people are using the beat to get over, but if someone else used it...you would talk shyt
its cool though his albums flow song to song
i dont know what to even call this shyt ... its like any average cat over a quik beat
you guys cant give people credit for beat progression and shyt when he isnt the one even programming that
he needs to come better with an actual point, he's worse than kanye with the reaching
its like an artist painting a blank canvas with white paint ... if this shyt is live then what was django soundtrack? must be diamond compared to this

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really dont know why you guys went ahead and listened to the song to fukk up the album listening for you...

When i was in the other thread talking about Koolo reviewing the album, I looked to get an idea of what to expect. The same way you read a review for a movie before it came out in the past..But you would not actually watch 30 minutes of it before the day came of the premiere.

Difference between what I did with just previewing what to expect sound wise and content wise and straight up actually listening to a song...

still annoyed by that one guy that leaked the song...like koolo was saying if it was something shytty then fine

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
I really dont know why you guys went ahead and listened to the song to fukk up the album listening for you...

When i was in the other thread talking about Koolo reviewing the album, I looked to get an idea of what to expect. The same way you read a review for a movie before it came out in the past..But you would not actually watch 30 minutes of it before the day came of the premiere.

Difference between what I did with just previewing what to expect sound wise and content wise and straight up actually listening to a song...

still annoyed by that one guy that leaked the song...like koolo was saying if it was something shytty then fine

Look at it like this. Considering Multiply isn't on the album (hopefully a bonus track with alive) hearing i, the Blacker the Berry, and King Kunta would total 3 songs off the album.

That isn't that bad put into perspective. Kendrick probably needed to put out one more single anyway, and no way is 3/16 spoiling the experience for yourself.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Look at it like this. Considering Multiply isn't on the album (hopefully a bonus track with alive) hearing i, the Blacker the Berry, and King Kunta would total 3 songs off the album.

That isn't that bad put into perspective. Kendrick probably needed to put out one more single anyway, and no way is 3/16 spoiling the experience for yourself.

:ehh: i guess good point

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I'm glad that I really like the track but I can see why people wouldn't so I won't argue against them.
Also glad that I never hyped it up for myself.
The album should be solid.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Not listening to anything till the drop. I did this for T&Y, B4DA$$, Cadillactica and FHD. Doing the same for TPAB and TAAN. Heard "i" once when it first dropped and that's it.

It's worth it brehs! Trust me. Don't spoil the experience.
I dunno what the fukk you're talking about, with all those abbreviations. What's FHD, TPAB and TAAN?

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
wait hold up. you going to far back. he's doing a rendition of suga free and dj quik.

tumblr_mgs9h0Qkky1s2caofo1_500.gif

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
My only complaint is that I would have liked less of the beat and more rapping during those long stretches.

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Some of the record scratching and guitar sounds give me that Bombs over Baghdad vibe, I fukk with this

A little disc scratching, drums on a crescendo, some signature DJ Quik bells :wow:, funky female echoes, and some lite wanna-be Carlos Santana electric guitar at the end :whew: Sounwave and Thundercat :salute:

Last edited:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Song is great. Some parts of the song Kendrick sounds like DMX, and Jeezy (last verse).

I think I know what part you talking about. Around 2:24 he switches into this flow that sounds reminiscent of Jeezy, I could see where you're going with the DMX influence as well. It's incredible how he switches up his flows and is rapping on live instrumentation like this.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Some of the record scratching and guitar sounds give me that Bombs over Baghdad vibe, I fukk with this

:whoa:

i LOVE kendrick but B.O.B. just might be the greatest single in hip-hop history

B.O.B. is BANNED from RADIO/TV

they say its the war

but its the message

Long as you know consequences, to give and for livin'
The fence is too high to jump in jail
Too low to dig, I might just touch hell
HOT! Get a life, now they on sale
Then I might cast you a spell, look at what came in the mail
A scale and some Arm and Hammer, soul gold grill and some baby mama
Black Cadillac and a pack of pampers
Stack of question with no answers
Cure for cancer, cure for AIDS
Make a nikka wanna stay on tour for days
Get back home, things are wrong
Well not really it was bad all along
before he left adds up, to a ball of power
Thoughts at a thousands miles per hour
Hello, ghetto, let your brain breathe,
believe there's always more, ahhhhh!

Last edited:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
The musical progressions as the song goes along is just.... :wow:

It has a great backyard party feel......I think my older uncles/auntees/cousins that grew up on this style of music would appreciate this if it came on at a BBQ/family reunion. They would be 2 steppin all over this lol

I fukks with it....I can't picture many cacs playing this though. It might be too black for them. They won't appreciate it but who cares :blessed:

and DJ Quik is the fukking GOAT