just finished the wire

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
:comeon: Or maybe it's because it was a pain to sit through and does a 180 from season 1 with the setting and characters who simply weren't as interesting a the ones in the previous season.
Sigh

It was only a pain to sit through if you were watching the first season simply for the gangster shyt....in which case you completely missed the point of the show and why the show is so damn good

imirza

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh look another Wire thread where people shyt on Season 2 because they don't really understand why the show was so good.
I felt the same way about Season 2. However after re-watching the entire season sometimes I feel like Season 2 might be my favorite now. The way it shows you in depth the way the import process of the Drugs works, FORGET ABOUT IT! CLASSIC shyt

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
brehs, just finished the first season. Great show, even tho it took me a while to get hooked in season 1....and that Wallace kid....sad it had to be him...

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, if you aint watch Breaking Bad yet, you better get on it.

:ufdup:

I'm into Peaky Blinders heavy right now though

:ohlawd:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Breh, if you aint watch Breaking Bad yet, you better get on it.

:ufdup:

I'm into Peaky Blinders heavy right now though

:ohlawd:
i have, and its a top 5 show for me, i actually started the wire last year at this time when people were saying how it was better than Breaking bad, but I got too busy with life, and waited a year to start the shyt again....season 2 is....different...but still enjoyable

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
brehs, just finished the first season. Great show, even tho it took me a while to get hooked in season 1....and that Wallace kid....sad it had to be him...
season 1 took 3-4 episodes to pick up for me. season 2 can almost make you wanna quit, but towards the end of s2 clear on out, it's the GOAT series

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, the omar and marlo thing felt anticlimatic. s5 did feel rushed. seems like they could have pulled another season out of it.
just like avon/stringer

i guess they werent sure there was going to be a next season

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea compared to the other seasons, season 2 was just plain bad...all the main characters were annoying as fuk especially that racist piece of shyt son of ol boy, it did introduce cheese and have that death in it tho so i guess it served a purpose but it was just boo boo in comparison to the others
season 2 was mandatory

season 5 was the beyond the worst

:camby:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The DOCKS had to be told. None of the rest of the seasons would of been relevant without season 2. Season 2 is actually brilliant on the low. It typically is turned off because people expect more of the hood and the thugs and not the full scale picture. BTW, the Greek is the Kyser Soze of the show.

kareem929

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NJ/NC
Omar foreshadowed his own death. Got got because of his code of not fearing them kids.:ufdup: Saw Kenard in that mirror but didn't pay him no mind. Kenard was the kid in Season 3 who was pretending to be Omar in an reenactment of one of Omar's shootouts.

I just didnt like how he went out. This guy was one of the smartest stickup kids in tv history. You hated him in season one but by the end you loved his character. I was expecting Chris and Snoop to end him. But that last season when Omar gimp walked up on Micheal, the camera went to
Kenard looking at Omar like :wtb: "Thats Omar?...Gimpy as a Mother fukker!!" :birdman: