Jonah Hill only got paid 60k for "The Wolf of Wall Street", movie has grossed $339M

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Can yall nikkas please stop writing this over and over? We understand the logic behind his decision. It still doesn't absolve the studio from being greedy soulless muthafukkas. The studio heads may think Jonah Hill isn't a serious actor but, he's still relatively high profile to the movie going audience. People know who he is. $60,000 is disgusting. If they threw $300,000 to $400,000 at him, thats respectable, then you can say, "he took a paycut to better his career". $60,000 isn't a paycut. Its disrespectful as hell. Thats the salary you pay that nikka who starred in Napoleon Dynamite.
They both used each other to further their own goals. The studio didn't need Hill they could have cast someone else in that role. Just because he got cast in it doesn't mean they gotta up his pay. If that's what they were willing to pay for it then it is what it is.

If you walk into Walmart and accept a minimum wage job knowing its minimum wage the fact that Walmart is a billion dollar corporation has jack shyt to do with what you get paid.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I'm with Terrance Howard. Howard didn't ask for a raise for Iron Man 2. They wanted him to take a paycut. how you gonna ask an actor who helped make a film a huge success to take a paycut for the sequel. Yeah, he could've swallowed his pride, but that was the right move. Hindsight it wrecked his career a bit, but somethings you gotta stand tall for.

They tried to get Denzel to take a 4 million dollar paycut from 20 mill to 16 million for that Tony Scott Train movie. Denzel's agent hit the studio with the the :ufdup:. You know what the studio did? They paid Denzel his 20 million. :salute:

This was the right move for Jonah. He proved himself and will never have to do this again.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nah, I'm with Terrance Howard. Howard didn't ask for a raise for Iron Man 2. They wanted him to take a paycut. how you gonna ask an actor who helped make a film a huge success to take a paycut for the sequel. Yeah, he could've swallowed his pride, but that was the right move. Hindsight it wrecked his career a bit, but somethings you gotta stand tall for.

They tried to get Denzel to take a 4 million dollar paycut from 20 mill to 16 million for that Tony Scott Train movie. Denzel's agent hit the studio with the the :ufdup:. You know what the studio did? They paid Denzel his 20 million. :salute:

This was the right move for Jonah. He proved himself and will never have to do this again.
Denzel is fukking Denzel and that movie was a vehicle for him to star in. Terrance couldn't pull a move like that. He don't sell tickets on his name alone and in Iron Man 2 it was clear RDJ was the star. on top of that it's Iron Man and he was a secondary character in it.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
:what: whats wrong with Gravity?

haven't seen it. but from what i understand its bullock pretty much acting alone. i have no desire to see that. she kind of annoys me. I'm just shocked at its success. you think its epic? i just looked at the scores. high scores across the board. I might stream it...:manny:

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
They both used each other to further their own goals. The studio didn't need Hill they could have cast someone else in that role. Just because he got cast in it doesn't mean they gotta up his pay. If that's what they were willing to pay for it then it is what it is.

If you walk into Walmart and accept a minimum wage job knowing its minimum wage the fact that Walmart is a billion dollar corporation has jack shyt to do with what you get paid.

i agree with this. but Hill played a much bigger role in this movies success than a walmart cashier does in the success of that company. i don't think Hill is expendable as people are making it seem. he really killed that role. his transition from ambitious to disgusting was on point.....

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...meanwhile Sandra just got 70 million from Gravity grosses:umad:

Daps
Can yall nikkas please stop writing this over and over? We understand the logic behind his decision. It still doesn't absolve the studio from being greedy soulless muthafukkas. The studio heads may think Jonah Hill isn't a serious actor but, he's still relatively high profile to the movie going audience. People know who he is. $60,000 is disgusting. If they threw $300,000 to $400,000 at him, thats respectable, then you can say, "he took a paycut to better his career". $60,000 isn't a paycut. Its disrespectful as hell. Thats the salary you pay that nikka who starred in Napoleon Dynamite.

You guys keep ignoring the fact that they didn't want him. Jonah essentially bought his way into that cast. This was a $100M movie, it's not comparable to when actors take paycuts to do low budget/indie projects just cuz they like the script.

I don't get why this bothers you guys so much. I could see why this would bother other actors as it sets a dangerous precedent, but why are fans complaining?

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
apparently he loves scorsese and just wanted the chance to work with him. tell someone you love their work and you'll take less than everyone else will...i'm sure it will get you some kind of part. i've never seen the dude act in a serious movie so i can't judge him. i just know all of his comedy stuff is funny as hell.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Moneyball came out a little over a decade ago.

:what::leostare:

Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game is a book by Michael Lewis, published in 2003, about the Oakland Athletics baseball team and itsgeneral managerBilly Beane. Its focus is the team's analytical, evidence-based, sabermetric approach to assembling a competitive baseball team, despite Oakland's disadvantaged revenue situation. A film based on the book starring Brad Pitt was released in 2011.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
his "quote" has gone way up though. now if you want to cast Jonah Hill, you gotta cast "2 time Academy Award winning, Jonah Hill." it was a great career move, he's probably locking down $8-10 per from here on out.

Someone probably said that, but im not reading 2 pages of replies