Jay-Z doesn't waste any time kissing ass

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Folks on here have to be the most overreaching, I swear.

This is a business move....and just like Nas said, a caterpillar can't envision what an eagle does. And we know there's a whole lot of caterpillars on this forum.

What Roc Nation is doing in the sports world is Black Excellence. If you disagree, then it's probably because you don't like Jay-Z personally....for whatever reason. I'm sure Master P didn't have as many naysayers when he attempted to do it. For years, them other folk have monopolized the game, took advantage of a lot of sports stars & then left them high & dry. Jay has said over & over that he wants to change all of that.
To say this is a business move you first must explain to me what the Telfair and Lebron shyt was for Jay.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To say this is a business move you first must explain to me what the Telfair and Lebron shyt was for Jay.

Well, for one, this is before Roc Nation Sports was even founded. Two, it's all about investments really. The Telfair one just didn't pan out, so Jay moved on....happens that way sometimes. With LeBron, he already had his team in place & I think Jay was pushing to get James to Brooklyn, but it just didn't pan out. It goes that way all the time in business.

I doubt Jay calls most of these guys, besides James, as real friends. These others are associates, clients, potential clients, etc.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Well, for one, this is before Roc Nation Sports was even founded. Two, it's all about investments really. The Telfair one just didn't pan out, so Jay moved on....happens that way sometimes. With LeBron, he already had his team in place & I think Jay was pushing to get James to Brooklyn, but it just didn't pan out. It goes that way all the time in business.

I doubt Jay calls most of these guys, besides James, as real friends. These others are associates, clients, potential clients, etc.
Jay didn't become an owner of the Nets until 2004. He befriended Lebron in 2002 so that theory is off.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay didn't become an owner of the Nets until 2004. He befriended Lebron in 2002 so that theory is off.

I still don't see it being such a big deal, I see it as a business man expanding his network, growing his business & looking for potential clients. David Rockefeller's Rolodex contained over 150,000 names....you think all those folks were his friends or he was kissing ass? No, he was building a network, clients, deals. etc. and yet he still kept his real circle extremely tight

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
I still don't see it being such a big deal, I see it as a business man expanding his network, growing his business & looking for potential clients. David Rockefeller's Rolodex contained over 150,000 names....you think all those folks were his friends or he was kissing ass? No, he was building a network, clients, deals. etc.
You must be Jewish.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

those were business moves too...we live in the world 'outta sight, outta mind', that shyt is especially true for rap....jay is being smart...he knows that a lot of these young cats on the come up grew up on his music, and are happy as shyt to meet him...is he using them to keep his name out there? yes...but they using him too...the time he hung out with bron and Telfair, those cats were getting ready to make that jump to the league, and were the hottest things smoking...everyone was knocking down their doors to get them to endorse shyt....to say you cool with jay z is big, that means more money for you...that's why a lot of these cats are signing to his agency...it has nothing to do with getting to hang out with jay and trying to be cool, literally...it has to do with the fact that endorsers will have that image of you hanging with jay and being cool in their heads, so they gonna be willing to pay a lil more money to have you sponsor they shyt...that shyt is a win win for everyone...they get more money from contracts, jay get to keep his name out there so he can have people anticipating his music...I say more power to the brothas/sistas....others been doing that shyt to us for however long, and not breaking us off none of that money...at least jay breaking bread with the kinfolk...