I've said this before and I'll say it again, the lack of superhero games this gen is embarassing

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
That depends on if Disney allows Capcom to.
They bushed the X-Men in MVC:I
then they can at least release that one beat em up game. i think that has nothing to do with capcom so i dont think disney will have any influence. it will be purely between fox and konami, i think

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I see what you mean op. Only spiderman and Batman have held it down when it comes to superhero games. Where's a Wonder woman game? Where's the green lantern gsme? Thor, flash, Superman, etc etc

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps

I feel a real super hero game is something that would be akin to an action game with a story....Arkham games are real super hero games...the old spiderman games are real superhero games

fighting themed games are...fighting games...the TMNT fighting game isn't considered in the same vein as the TMNT beat em ups

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I feel a real super hero game is something that would be akin to an action game with a story....Arkham games are real super hero games...the old spiderman games are real superhero games

fighting themed games are...fighting games...the TMNT fighting game isn't considered in the same vein as the TMNT beat em ups
injustice series have stories bro

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Didnt injustice 2 just come through and crush the buildings? :dwillhuh:
that's one game that barely anyone I know has played....

where are the X-Men games? Justice League? Superman? Iron Man? Hulk? Fantastic Four? Teen Titans? Black Panther? Suicide Squad?

cmon bro y'all really bringing up a couple games like that satisfies the genre....

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
injustice series have stories bro

aren't they just cuts scenes like any other fighting game? A real super hero game would have puzzles to solve and an environment to explore and actually saving people on missions. Having Batman fight superman in a 2d battle is just a fighting game with super hero characters like some super smash brothers...

that being said I never played it i'm sure it's awesome and fun though

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
that's one game that barely anyone I know has played....

where are the X-Men games? Justice League? Superman? Iron Man? Hulk? Fantastic Four? Teen Titans? Black Panther? Suicide Squad?

cmon bro y'all really bringing up a couple games like that satisfies the genre....

The people who made Arkham are coming out with a Superman game I heard

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The vast majority of them are trash. Not worth it unless there is a unique experience, or something that fits into an already popular format/genre (Spider-Man in a GTA like open world).

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Super hero games should be booming as big as the movies but these companies gaming area sucks.

They literally are only about the bottom line with games.

And thats why most super hero games are mobile or kiddie because they sell like crazy.

There are a ton of super hero games if you count mobile games and lego games.

Otherwise we have a few fighters like marvel vs capcom and injustice.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I see what you mean op. Only spiderman and Batman have held it down when it comes to superhero games. Where's a Wonder woman game? Where's the green lantern gsme? Thor, flash, Superman, etc etc
playing the new god of war, seeing him throw that axe and then being able to call it back from anywhere... there's no way they couldn't do a thor game.. shyt would have actually just been god of war with a thor character instead of kratos

they are really letting these games slip away. basically making characters into superheros with their perks and upgrades, but then saying they can't make superhero games cause the power are OP... we got VG characters with multiple weapons, magic, special moves, armor and sidekicks with the same, fighting characters the sizes of city blocks....

but we can't get a game where ironman flies around shooting bombs while cap beats nikkas up below in the city?

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
playing the new god of war, seeing him throw that axe and then being able to call it back from anywhere... there's no way they couldn't do a thor game.. shyt would have actually just been god of war with a thor character instead of kratos

they are really letting these games slip away. basically making characters into superheros with their perks and upgrades, but then saying they can't make superhero games cause the power are OP...

The Gods of Santa Monica put effort into that axe throwing mechanic something most of these companies that make video games won't do, you'll get a lazy hack and slash Thor game the most

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The Gods of Santa Monica put effort into that axe throwing mechanic something most of these companies that make video games won't do, you'll get a lazy hack and slash Thor game the most
i know.. i'm just saying that's the problem

you got movies making 1-2 billion dollars, and nobody thinks to invest the time and money to making a game. it's not like it would even be hard, have ND do thor... you want open world, have the people who did the witcher, or gta, or saints row for all i care... have them do the defenders, or guardians, etc

you can outsourse these mobile games... you can outsource these lego games... other companies can do spidey and bats for 25 years straight... there is no reason disney can't pawn off superhero games to a great company, same way the nfl pawned off madden on ea... let them bid for the rights and make their own shyt