ITS HERE! Cosmos with Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson: A Space Time Odyssey Series

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

cosmos1.jpg

tc_08-neil-ship_0666CompDJ3.jpg

damn... shyt was so piff - I had to stop watching NBA league pass last night
(which had several good games at that -2 went into OT & like 3 were decided in the final minutes)

anywayz this is must watch TV
:salute: to neil degrasse tyson & seth mcfarlane :salute:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Hell yeah :lawd: I'm interested in seeing what the viewership was, I'll have to look that up later. I doubt religious folks were feeling it as it is, but they DEFINITELY can't be feeling it after those swipes :lolbron: It was a great premiere. My only concern is that black people aren't appreciating/realizing what just happened. This was a HUGE day in black history.

It was a huge day man. I was so excited for this show and it delivered in every way possible. Neil Tyson is an inspiration to the people and I'm proud he represents us. Plus look at this picture from when he was younger

neil-young-1.jpg

That's swag right there. Him growing up in the Bronx, like I did, and accomplishing what he has is incredible. A true role model right there.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell yeah :lawd: I'm interested in seeing what the viewership was, I'll have to look that up later. I doubt religious folks were feeling it as it is, but they DEFINITELY can't be feeling it after those swipes :lolbron: It was a great premiere. My only concern is that black people aren't appreciating/realizing what just happened. This was a HUGE day in black history.

I texted my sister and told her to dvr and show it to my nephew who is 6. She texts me later, "I just tuned in and they are denouncing God, is this one of your anti God Shows?" I reply not it's about the universe and the science :lolbron:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i never intended on watching it last night, wanted to catch the replay somewhere

Edit: watching now. I love shyt like this :noah: I wish I could just travel the stars and explore different worlds and shyt :why:

And lol these nikkas are shytting on religion y'all didn't lie. They got them lookin like scar from lion king out here :heh:

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
It was a huge day man. I was so excited for this show and it delivered in every way possible. Neil Tyson is an inspiration to the people and I'm proud he represents us. Plus look at this picture from when he was younger

neil-young-1.jpg

That's swag right there. Him growing up in the Bronx, like I did, and accomplishing what he has is incredible. A true role model right there.

word
i feel REAL proud being born in da bronx too -neil rep's his hood too da fullest

young-neil-degrasse-tyson.jpg

and BIG shot out to carl sagan...
for letting a young black 17 yr old from the boogie down bronx visit his home & family in upstate ny

:myman:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
What's wrong wit you? :dahell:
Dawg all I'm saying is that cats in here are acting like haven't heard this same shyt a million times about cosmic radiation, Copernicus, Galileo etc...

It's literally the same story we've already heard a million times repackaged into a primetime slot...

But I won't front that piece shytting on religion was :wow: :mjlol:

Especially on a conservative network such as fox....

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Dawg all I'm saying is that cats in here are acting like haven't heard this same shyt a million times about cosmic radiation, Copernicus, Galileo etc...

It's literally the same story we've already heard a million times repackaged into a primetime slot...

but it's fun!!!! weeeeeeeeee!:zfg:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Not sure about the other channels, but FOX racked about 5.79 million viewer. In contrast, the #1 show for that time slot, with 13.3 million viewers was premiere of a new tv show called... wait for it... Resurrection :dead:

The promo does make it look interesting though :ehh: some American kid 'resurrects' in a rice paddy in China 30+ years after his own death :deadmanny:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
We were at church until 8 last night but sped home and watched the last 45 mins of with the boys. Loved it. Have the series set to DVR, kids loved it too.

still though 5.7 million people watched it...that's more than I would have thought.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

Its the fact that this is the first time, that *I* know of in my own lifetime, that legit science show is being broadcast at primetime on public television :wow: a lot of people can finally be reached and introduced to thought provoking science at a basic level of comprehension. Some kid out there might have just been trying to catch Family Guy and found themselves reeled in :ohhh: not to mention the black excellence being put on display :ohlawd: just seeing NDT on a show like Cosmos is likely to make a a lot of our black youth more interested in the STEM fields.