It's crazy how folks try to make being from the suburbs sound like a bad thing.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
See here's the thing, I'm not even trying to shyt on people in the hood, I have lived in the hood at one point and got plenty fam in the hood, the issue I got though, is with ppl like ol dude who wants to shyt on people from the burbs like we have life on easy mode or some shyt, and act as if blacks who move there to find a better life for themselves and their fam are some sort of sell outs who did the wrong thing or some shyt. That shaming shyt doesn't fly with me, fukk that shyt, the hood doesnt equal blackness. Poverty doesn't equal blackness. Being from the hood doesn't make anyone lesser or greater than the next person. We all play the cards we were dealt.
Like I said, the hood is a whole different animal. It breeds a lot of resentment cause you become angry that it's supposed to be a system of racism but you've got black kids in good schools who can afford quality shyt. Their parents have good jobs, can afford to take them nice places. When you're a kid, you hate on the other kids rather than the system. Those in the suburbs still face systemic barriers, in a way us hood kids didn't have to face white people 24/7 so we had it better. We lived with our people. A lot of suburban kids had to deal with their white neighbors calling the police on them going to their own property, locking car doors once they walked by, etc.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
See here's the thing, I'm not even trying to shyt on people in the hood, I have lived in the hood at one point and got plenty fam in the hood, the issue I got though, is with ppl like ol dude who wants to shyt on people from the burbs like we have life on easy mode or some shyt, and act as if blacks who move there to find a better life for themselves and their fam are some sort of sell outs who did the wrong thing or some shyt. That shaming shyt doesn't fly with me, fukk that shyt, the hood doesnt equal blackness. Poverty doesn't equal blackness. Being from the hood doesn't make anyone lesser or greater than the next person. We all play the cards we were dealt.
You do have life on easy mode though. In comparison to people from the hood. I mean no disrespect By that either. It's just what it is.

I'm not telling you to feel bad about it, I'm saying that what it is.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
You do have life on easy mode though. In comparison to people from the hood. I mean no disrespect By that either. It's just what it is.

I'm not telling you to feel bad about it, I'm saying that what it is.
You can think what you want really. :manny:

As I said before, my parents were working class, we weren't exactly poor, but things weren't great either. And as ol girl said, we had to deal with racism full bore, from the school system to life in general. I have two assault charges stemming from racist cacs breh, shyt's not that easy :francis:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Growing up around other middle/upper middle class kids is apparently a bad thing :skip:

Living in an absolutely safe neighborhood is apparently a bad thing :skip:

Not growing up fighting in the streets over petty bullshyt is a bad thing:skip:

Living in a house with a stable, good income is a bad thing :skip:

Going to one of the best schools in the state is a bad thing :skip:

I'm not tryna shyt on lower class folks, but let's be real yo :pachaha:

What part of this is bad?

When you socialize on that lower income level to get p*ssy and to gain acceptance but you don't live there, you don't deal with what those folks actually do but you steal from them for acceptance and profit.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This only happens when suburban nikkas try to insert their opinion into hood shyt, or its offspring, aka rap

Been saying it's weird how there's a cultural divide between black ppl yet we listen to the same music or try to relate to the same cultural shyt like love and hip hop

I look at that the same way ppl look at vice reporting on hoodshyt...you're not from it but fetishizing it

Probably because Black ppl haven't diversified into different musical genres and haven't been accepted fully on tv and movies so we all have to take what we can get

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The hood I lived in last year was a :flabbynsick: food desert full of ignorant nikkas and hookers on fleek :scust:. Nikkas creeping on a comeup, baby mamas with multiple children at 18, homelessness

You can have that

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I grew up in a hood that I seriously won't walk through in 2016. I been gone since 1994 and shyt was bonkers back then. Nowadays I don't know who's who and that is the one factor that can be fatal.. at least around "my" way.

Nowadays when I choose an address the first detail is location location location. I choose quiet spots that are not in walking distance of crackheads.

Now I will admit: all my homies who were G enough to gut it out in the hood since then are some of the realest niqqas alive. After multiple bullet wounds and prison stints niqqas are still out there. I admire something about that. Being raised there and all.

But would I advise an 8 year old to forget about school and focus on proper ice grillin? Blunts are gonna be way more important to you than algebra young man. Go forth.

No. My advice for anyone would be use your head and make your bread sitting in a chair typing all day. Half a day actually. The other half you can lurk thecoli.com .

Living a peaceful, comfortable life >>> whatever benefit comes from strife. Literally like once every few months another niqqa from my crib's Facebook page becomes an RIP memorial.

Build your nest in a place where the foxes cannot reach. Jungle rules.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
This only happens when suburban nikkas try to insert their opinion into hood shyt, or its offspring, aka rap

Been saying it's weird how there's a cultural divide between black ppl yet we listen to the same music or try to relate to the same cultural shyt like love and hip hop

I look at that the same way ppl look at vice reporting on hoodshyt...you're not from it but fetishizing it

Probably because Black ppl haven't diversified into different musical genres and haven't been accepted fully on tv and movies so we all have to take what we can get
Hip hop isn't exclusive to the hood though.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Hip hop isn't exclusive to the hood though.
It's not but I'm talking about thebkind that is. And the people listening to it going off doing Twitter memes, writing thinkpieces and etc.

It's why I hate what Drake does...you ain't bout that life...probably weren't near it but you're trying to connect any way

Hood and Black is not the same thing but we subconsciously think it is...otherwise ppl would stick to their lane