Reppin
The Land of fukkery
"it's funny how money change sit-u-a-tions..."

the-miseducation-of-lauryn-hill-slider-1000.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For the last few weeks my girl has been complaining that I am not giving her the warm fuzzy feeling that we will eventually work towards marriage. In other words not communicating about it at all. Couple days ago we got into a heated discussion about it, and I basically told her that I was not even gonna think about marriage until I felt confident that's what I wanted, and to leave me the fukk alone about it. That night I even thought about hittin up a jumpoff for some mindless/heartless/meaningless sex.
Well today she walked into my office after checking the mail and showed me a check made out to her in the amount of $85K. Her inheritance from her dad's passing. I was literally speechless. On the outside I tried to maintain the :birdman: face I had, but inside I was like :damn:.
Ever since then I've been like
angel.gif

The game dun changed on me brehs! :lupe:
The blue part had me like...well done, OP :ooh::ehh::salute:

But the red got me like... :aicmon:

red-foxx-big-dummy.jpg

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
Wasn't expecting that finale from the thread title alone

:wow:

I was finna come in and say some positive shyt like "It shouldn't change anything Breh"

Then I read the OP

:wow:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
For the last few weeks my girl has been complaining that I am not giving her the warm fuzzy feeling that we will eventually work towards marriage. In other words not communicating about it at all. Couple days ago we got into a heated discussion about it, and I basically told her that I was not even gonna think about marriage until I felt confident that's what I wanted, and to leave me the fukk alone about it. That night I even thought about hittin up a jumpoff for some mindless/heartless/meaningless sex.
Well today she walked into my office after checking the mail and showed me a check made out to her in the amount of $85K. Her inheritance from her dad's passing. I was literally speechless. On the outside I tried to maintain the :birdman: face I had, but inside I was like :damn:.
Ever since then I've been like
angel.gif

The game dun changed on me brehs! :lupe:
Acting right for a residual 80k? I think you're lack of ambition is probably the origin of your problems. Your money aint right, so you better act right.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Doesn't sound like you like her ass very much anyway….but, 85k can help you make some smart financial moves, save 40, flip/invest the rest, I don't know about staying with someone I don't like or engaging in Makavellian mind games over that kind of money though. Is she throwing it in your face like 'this is the money to solidify our future/marriage' or 'fukk you and your job, I got my own' ?

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Doesn't sound like you like her ass very much anyway….but, 85k can help you make some smart financial moves, save 40, flip/invest the rest, I don't know about staying with someone I don't like or engaging in Makavellian mind games over that kind of money though. Is she throwing it in your face like 'this is the money to solidify our future/marriage' or 'fukk you and your job, I got my own' ?
Naw Breh. Everything is cool with me and her. Late last year I finally realized I had a good woman, and stopped doing her dirty. (I have my side piece urges every now and then, not gonna lie). I was planning on marrying her BEFORE the money got involved. I just let my ambition get in the way. :win: in my career before marriage. Making a nice living and then settling down for the long term. I don't do anything until I'm ready. Marriage included. This new money variable is sweetening the deal tho. Her cash and my ambition would get us very far. I could flip half of that into some REAL money.