Supporter
Daps
11081347_622094481223824_1755163642540225076_n.jpg

That's some dope marketing.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
My most anticipated horror film of 2015 so far...I cannot wait for this damn movie to drop.
need your review breh.

i see a LOT of user review hate on fandango and RT

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It was cool because it was so different. But like 'The Babadook', I found it more intriguing than frightening. Very creepy and stylistically engaging. I loved the strategic use of music in most scenes, something that is often over-relied on to create tension in most current horror movies. The premise is very unnerving, but the execution wasn't so much. Overall, I'd give it a 8 out of 10 for originality and creepiness.

On a side note: Did anyone think this was an analogy for something cultural like STIs or heartbreak? I was looking for some sort of 'Dawn of the Dead' subtext, but maybe I was looking too hard?

I really didn't understand the way this curse worked though. What was the real benefit in passing it on, since it didn't really stop the thing from coming for you? Also some of the visuals weren't creepy as much as just gross. The girl peeing on herself was just :francis:. I really enjoyed the pool scene though. That was pretty intense and different.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was cool because it was so different. But like 'The Babadook', I found it more intriguing than frightening. Very creepy and stylistically engaging. I loved the strategic use of music in most scenes, something that is often over-relied on to create tension in most current horror movies. The premise is very unnerving, but the execution wasn't so much. Overall, I'd give it a 8 out of 10 for originality and creepiness.

On a side note: Did anyone think this was an analogy for something cultural like STIs or heartbreak? I was looking for some sort of 'Dawn of the Dead' subtext, but maybe I was looking too hard?

I really didn't understand the way this curse worked though. What was the real benefit in passing it on, since it didn't really stop the thing from coming for you? Also some of the visuals weren't creepy as much as just gross. The girl peeing on herself was just :francis:. I really enjoyed the pool scene though. That was pretty intense and different.

You wasn't supposed to understand the curse, even the characters you heard quoting "rules" on how it operates were just guessing.

The reason to pass it on is to put more people between you and it. If you have it, it comes after you. If you fukk 5 people, it has to kill all 5 of them, and whoever else they fukk, before it can come after you.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You wasn't supposed to understand the curse, even the characters you heard quoting "rules" on how it operates were just guessing.

The reason to pass it on is to put more people between you and it. If you have it, it comes after you. If you fukk 5 people, it has to kill all 5 of them, and whoever else they fukk, before it can come after you.

Fred.

And i think that's kinda smart because it operates like an STD would..sometimes its a catch-22 with who gets one and who doesn't and whether its passed on or not and in what form

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
no joke brehs my girl and i were walking the dog late last night and in this like field area across the street where it's pitch black and fenced off some person was walking our way real slow and straight like in the movie :merchant:

we took off running :sadbron:

:heh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
no joke brehs my girl and i were walking the dog late last night and in this like field area across the street where it's pitch black and fenced off some person was walking our way real slow and straight like in the movie :merchant:

we took off running :sadbron:

:heh:

Me and two of my boys were on my deck talking Friday night and my backyard has plenty of trees but enough open space where you can see anything or anyone if they're approaching but there was a eerie calm Friday night and dammit if I wasn't thinking someone could be walking up on us right now on the low. I kept turning around and eventually posted up on the door to the kitchen so I could see everything

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I just saw it. I liked it and thought it was fine for what it was going for. The soundtrack was awesome but maybe a bit too on the nose, and I wasn't feeling the ambiguousness of the time frame because it didn't give the movie a timeless feel as much as it was just distracting me.

Also, I'm pretty sure that you can only pass it on once, and then it's just a matter of time before it comes back to you. So it's not like you could fukk 20 people and it would have to kill all those people before getting back to you. You pass it to one person, and either that person passes it on, or is killed before doing so, passing it back to you. I think this is made clear when Greg has sex with Jay and is then shown flirting with a girl, implying that he passed it on as quickly as he could (intentionally or not since he didn't really believe in it) and that's why it took so long for it to return to him.

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
brehs, when IT was beating on the door to get ole boy and then stopped beating on the door and looked at the girl because she was trying to warn him. . .and then when she stopped yelling, IT turned away and continued pounding on the door :damn:

scary movies dont scare me no more, but that scene had me straight shook.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
brehs, when IT was beating on the door to get ole boy and then stopped beating on the door and looked at the girl because she was trying to warn him. . .and then when she stopped yelling, IT turned away and continued pounding on the door :damn:

Thought that shyt was funny....but the form IT was had some tig ole bitties...:shaq:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Propoganda of what happens to whores and the effect they have on society. But in the white world the solution is to take it out on people who live in the ghetto.

fukking trash. I hope that thing following them kills the sequel.