It Begins in 9 hrs..... Soccer About to Eat into US Sports Market Share

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I have NBCSPN and the other affiliates. I'm fukking with Manchester Utd though. :smugfavre:

I need to familiarize myself with the rules, strategy, and positions.

This can get a little technical so bear with me....

Positions: Forwards are the most focal point of the attack. Forwards are PAID to attack the defense & SCORE!!!..... Luis Suarez, Robert van Persie, Samuel Eto'o and Jozy Altidore are all forwards. Another name and most commonly used name for a forward is called a "striker." Depending on the tactics of the manager, there are usually 1-4 strikers in a particular formation.

Midfielders: The general job of a midfielder is to initiate the attack by passing the ball to forwards that are in position to score, hold on to the ball or "possess" the ball or protect the backline(which I'll explain later) from an opponent's attack. There are many kinds of midfielders that do different types of jobs, but all you need to know is that they are usually the hardest working players on the field(commonly called a "pitch"). They must create an attack, possess and defend for 90 minutes..... Michael Bradley, Frank Lampard, & Steven Gerrard are examples of midfielders.

Defenders: The last line of defense before you get to the goalkeeper. The 3 to 5 defenders(depending on tactics, most formations have 4)consist of a left back(LB) and a right back(RB) which are also called "wing backs" because they are aligned on the outside of a formation of 4 defenders. There is also 2 defenders that line up in the center in- between these 2 backs called center backs(CB) on the right and left side of the rear of the formation. These four defender are what is called the "backline."

Goalkeeper(usually called "the keeper"): Protects the goal and is the only person on the pitch that is allow to use his hands while in the box(which I will explain later with its exceptions).

Formation: Basically how a team line up(but you knew that... I hope). The most basic formation in association football is the 4-4-2. When reading a formation, the first number is the number of defenders, the second number is the number of midfielders and the third is the number of forwards. In a 4-4-2, there are 4 defenders(backs), 4 midfielders(mids) and two forwards. There are other formations that have more or less of each position depending on the manager's tactics and how he wants to attack a team but you can research those on your own. This is how the 4-4-2 looks on a pitch with the US Men's National Team.

--------------EJ------------------------Altidore-----------------------
Beasley-----------Jones----------Bradley---------Donovan----
Johnson----------Besler-----------Gonzales------Parkhurst---

(JUST AN EXAMPLE, BRUHS)

Rules: Scoring a goal without the use of a field player's hand while being on-side(a complicated rule I'll explain later) . There is a fouling system used to manage dangerous play or willfully broken rules with a match. The yellow card is a called a "caution." The yellow card is basically a warning to a player telling him that his play is dangerous and he needs to calm down if he doesn't want to receive another yellow. 2 yellow cards in one match results in a red card. The red card is basically an ejection from the game(or as the soccer term... it's called an explusion) where the player is "sent off" for conduct detrimental to the match. If a referee deems a incident of a very serious nature or one of the automatic red card rules are broken, then a ref can "go straight to red" and send off a player without a yellow card(warning). The automatic red card rules are......

If a player goes in for a tackle with the studs of his boots(cleats) up and makes contact

If a player performs a sliding tackle with BOTH FEET and makes contact

A player that fouls a person possessing that ball(an attacking player) is the last person back(usually a defender). This is called "denial of a goal scoring opportunity."

The keeper handles the ball outside of the 18 yd box (which is forbidden... accidently or purposely). Usually the card type is left to the discretion of the ref but more than not... straight red.

When there is a foul committed in an opponent's 18 yd area, a penalty kick is awarded. Fouls that are committed outside of the box are awarded as free kicks. There are 3 types of free kicks. Direct free kicks are allowed to be shot on goal and indirect free kicks are used to restart play. Goals can't be scored from indirect free kicks. The last type of free kick is the "corner kick." A "corner" is given when the ball crosses an defending teams "end line" that was played(touched)by a defending team. The corner is marked on each end of the field with a flag.

The Off-Side Rule:

For a player to be on-side, any part of the body that can be used to score a goal(head or feet) while receiving a "forward pass" must be behind the last 2 defenders(the GK counts as one so you need to be behind the deepest defender). If a player receives a forward pass beyond that deepest defender, then he is considered off-side and play will be stop(usually attacking chances and or goals are disallowed because of this rule... See USA World Cup 2010. The majority of our goals were unfairly disallowed). The exceptions to this rule is when.......

1)When the player that is off-side isn't involved in the play... If a player does as much as make a motion towards the ball, he is now involved in the play and the assistant referee will raise the flag. The off-side player can allow the ball to be played(touched) by another team mate and the play will be deemed legal.

2)When a player is level or behind a team mate that is possessing the ball that is on-side. When a opposition's defense is broken down, you are allowed to play the ball as long as you are behind it. If you receive a pass in front of the ball, it will be considered off-side.

3)Corner Kicks..... The initial kick from the corner can be played by anyone in any position, but as soon as the ball us put back into play, the attacking team must be on-side.

4)Throw-Ins... No off-side on throw-ins

Last edited:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Do they televise champions league over in the US ?

Yes... Fox has the rights to the Champions League. Fox is rebranding their soccer and premium sports networks. They will have rights to Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup and something that it can't remember the name of......

Spanish and Italian, French league is on Bein
German Scottish, Brazilian, Argentinian and the other South American leagues are on Gol TV

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
The NFL bout to take so many L's. Bangwagon football fans who never played the sport or watch full nfl games are about to head for the exit signs. Come home brehs come home to your childhood love the beautiful game of soccer. :to:The NBA and soccer is all I need. :blessed:.

I still f**k with college football a little bit but the NFL is about to catch some L's from me.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Always watched heavy during world competitions like UEFA, World Cup, and Olympics. Never got into league play like that.

Guess now is the best time to start :yeshrug:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Always watched heavy during world competitions like UEFA, World Cup, and Olympics. Never got into league play like that.

Guess now is the best time to start :yeshrug:
Champions League :noah: fukk the league
5ugQhvG.gif

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NBC's EPL opener draws 0.8 overnight rating

Saturday’s NBC telecast of Swansea City-Manchester United -- its first ever broadcast of the English Premier League -- drew a 0.8 overnight rating to rank fourth out of eight live network soccer broadcasts on English-language television in 2013.
NBC Sports Group aired three opening-day games live -- Swansea City-Manchester United on NBC and Liverpool-Stoke City and Arsenal-Aston Villa on NBCSN -- and they averaged a 0.5 overnight rating – up 67 percent from last season’s opening Saturday three-game average (0.3 average for one match on ESPN and two on Fox Soccer).
The rating points represent the percentage of all households with televisions tuned in, according to Nielsen's survey of the top 56 U.S. metered markets.
That's actually an "improvement" :stopitslime: