Isiah Thomas Dream Team Snub Unappreciation Thread

Daps
Apparently being an @sshole, burning bridges, spreading gay rumors about a player loved by everyone, freezing the GOAT out of an all-star game his rookie year and saying a player's race is the only reason he gets props has ramifications

Larry+Bird%252C+Michael+Jordan+and+Magic+Johnson+in+a+photo+shootout+for+92+Olympics%252C+1992.jpg
Isiah on Larry: If he were black, he'd be just another good guy.:mjpls:
Isiah on Jordan: Let's freeze him out.:lolbron:
Isiah on Magic: Magic's a fakkit:usure:

nikka never stood a chance.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Your former close friend Magic made some harsh comments about you in his and Larry Bird’s book When the Game Was Ours. Among other things, he claimed that you questioned his sexuality after he announced he was HIV positive in 1991. What’s the current status of your relationship?

Since the book came out, I haven’t spoken with him. I guess the best way to describe it is two African-American brothers that are having a big-time disagreement. But as a Black man, I refuse to engage in a public fight with him. He may choose not to be a friend to me anymore, but I will always be a friend to him. My disappointment is, as a friend, he chose to believe something someone else said over me. Now, we find ourselves in this situation. But I understand our place as successful African-American men, and I refuse to let others exploit it.

Magic also admitted that he essentially worked with other players, Jordan among them, to blackball you from the ’92 Dream Team. Thoughts?Well, obviously his handiwork went a long way. [Laughs.] What bothers me is I never knew he felt that way. Since the time he talks about, I’ve spent plenty of time with Magic. We’ve gone to dinner and on vacation together, and he’s taken pictures with my family. He never said a word.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Thats funny as hell doggy, and its so true. Younger heads know about the dream team, but would have no idea he played on it since he was so forgotten and basically an NBA scrub. Wow...good observation.

before injuries laettner was a 18 and 9 player even ahad like 3-4 assists per game a block and a steal and he only played like 34 minutes a game, dude had skill

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Outside of tragedies or injuries, this was one of the worst things to happen in modern sports.

I get that Isiah is a bit of a hater and a head case, but Jordan leveraging his clout to keep Isiah off the Dream team was downright shameful. Isiah came from absolutely nothing, was barely 6'0, and truly became one of the greatest athletes of his generation, and a winner in every sense of the word. He deserved to be immortalized as a bball god among his peers like Jordan, Magic, and Bird. I know it hurts his heart that he was left off that squad he deserved to be on, and its clear that he was never quite the same again.

i agree, even if you closer at the insiders bird, magic and mj

isiahs pistons ended the celtics 4 straight final appearances, also ended the lakers back to back titles, and was a thorn in teh bulls side until they finally got ove rthe hump in 92

just like in hockey this year, sidney crosby whose the best nhl player kept claude giroux whose a top 5 nhl player of the olympic team because he hates him and the flyers always beat up the pens

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Apparently being an @sshole, burning bridges, spreading gay rumors about a player loved by everyone, freezing the GOAT out of an all-star game his rookie year and saying a player's race is the only reason he gets props has ramifications

Larry+Bird%252C+Michael+Jordan+and+Magic+Johnson+in+a+photo+shootout+for+92+Olympics%252C+1992.jpg

thats what Im talking about tho....as if Jordan, Bird, Magic, Malone, etc all lived squeaky clean lives. Glass houses, bruh. Zeke wasnt a child molester mang...nothing he did privately should have overrode him being honored as one of the true greats of his generation, and of all time. His performance in the finals against the lakers while playing on a sprained ankle was legendary --- the diva, mean girls, behind the scenes drama dont move me. Its about ball.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
What bothers me is I never knew he felt that way. Since the time he talks about, I’ve spent plenty of time with Magic. We’ve gone to dinner and on vacation together, and he’s taken pictures with my family. He never said a word.

Hes right about this because Magic publicly lobbied for Zeke to get the Knicks GM job that he eventually landed. They were all chummy chummy with each other until recently. SMH at Magic.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Outside of tragedies or injuries, this was one of the worst things to happen in modern sports.

I get that Isiah is a bit of a hater and a head case, but Jordan leveraging his clout to keep Isiah off the Dream team was downright shameful. Isiah came from absolutely nothing, was barely 6'0, and truly became one of the greatest athletes of his generation, and a winner in every sense of the word. He deserved to be immortalized as a bball god among his peers like Jordan, Magic, and Bird. I know it hurts his heart that he was left off that squad he deserved to be on, and its clear that he was never quite the same again.

I agree with everything except one thing. Isaiah is a fukking basketball Gawd REGARDLESS of the Dream Team. There is not a single individual on this earth who could ever deny Isaiah legendary status, his legacy is sealed.

And honestly Isiah kinda set himself up when he led the players in freezing Michael out of the 85 All Star game when he was a rookie. Thomas and Jordan were damn near mortal enemies throughout the 80's, I don't blame Isaiah persay, professional sports are a cutthroat business and when it comes to being a CHAMPION in a league full of Magic's, Bird's, and MJ's you can't a afford to be "nice" but again, when your enemy defeats you and becomes the single greatest entity of that generation what do you expect?

The REAL fukkery of that entire team was Dominique Wilkins being left off. That shyt was totally unforgivable

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
isiah is the reason magic played in the all-star game, only to blackball him on the dream team.

magic been the phoniest nikka forever.

not to mention isiah has a gay son and he knew from when his kid was gay

Detroit Pistons’ legend Isiah Thomas‘ son Zeke Thomas revealed in OUT Magazine that he came out in 2008.

He told the magazine:

“I came out in 2008, my sophomore year at college. My parents like to say they always knew I was gay. I came out to them, and they were very accepting. I always knew they would be accepting. Growing up, I had gay uncles, like every kid in America. I never was so scared that my parents were going to shun or disown me—the horror stories you hear. I was just nervous about, “Are my friends gonna accept me?” because I was a jock kid, so to speak, with an athlete father.”

isiah spreading rumors is dogsh*t

Daps
What's even funnier was him taking out his anger on john stockton like stock picked the team

Dropped 44 on him when he found out stock made the team over him

The fukking laugh Jordan and Magic must've had after watching that game.:mjlol:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
before injuries laettner was a 18 and 9 player even ahad like 3-4 assists per game a block and a steal and he only played like 34 minutes a game, dude had skill

I know right...Laettner was far from an NBA scrub. He has better numbers than some of their favorite current players.