is vodun/voodoo the answer for black people?

Dion Isus

Pro
Daps
how do you think they got their "fighting spirit"?

menelik.gif

You see this guy? His name is Menelik II. He was the first emperor of modern Ethiopia. He ruled over the predominantly Christian nation of Ethiopia. They are the only nation in Africa that was not colonized by any European state.

Sans_titre.jpg

You see his one? His name is Afonso I of Kongo. He too was a Christian, by way of conversion. His empire is got split into what is now northern Angola, Cabinda, the Republic of the Congo, the western portion of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as well as the southernmost part of Gabon.

What is the difference between them?

800px-Ethiopia_Italia_war-2.JPG

Only a naive and downright foolish person thinks that doing rituals (of any kind) is enough for them to get free and stay that way. Once one studies the military background of the Haitians (especially their leadership), it makes sense why they were able to achieve the victory that they did.​

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Its alright. But comparing what I said about Christianity to what Hollyweird thinks of African religions can't be compared. Because it is a FACT that none of the Abrahamic religions are native to Europe. If anything much of the Christianity in Europe are bastarizations of the original Christianity practiced. Especially Protestantism who most Americans practiced which is nothing more than a perverted version of Christianity.

TAR being seen as "evil" is only an opinion but NOT fact. Christianity being a "cac" religion is an opinion but NOT fact.

The stuff people are calling "religions" arent religions they are spiritual systems.

The concept of relgion does not contradict spirutal systems, some may argue they amplify them if anything.

Lol folks dont even realize how many christians or muslims they know who practice traditional spirtual systems.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
How is switching from one set of beliefs to another "an answer" to any kind of real-life issues Black people are facing? Voodoo gonna stop police bullets? Voodoo gonna change laws? Voodoo gonna end racism? :patrice:

If you mean that Black people should get closer to their own cultures, I fully support that (but voodoo is just one belief among many), but it's the not alpha and omega.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The stuff people are calling "religions" arent religions they are spiritual systems.

The concept of relgion does not contradict spirutal systems, some may argue they amplify them if anything.

Lol folks dont even realize how many christians or muslims they know who practice traditional spirtual systems.

Most of these characters don't know that Muslim West Africans(who a good number of AAs descend from) MIX IN African spirituality and Islam! This was even noted by non-Africans who visited Mali Empire.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
menelik.gif

You see this guy? His name is Menelik II. He was the first emperor of modern Ethiopia. He ruled over the predominantly Christian nation of Ethiopia. They are the only nation in Africa that was not colonized by any European state.

Sans_titre.jpg

You see his one? His name is Afonso I of Kongo. He too was a Christian, by way of conversion. His empire is got split into what is now northern Angola, Cabinda, the Republic of the Congo, the western portion of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as well as the southernmost part of Gabon.

Only a naive and downright foolish person thinks that doing rituals (of any kind) is enough for them to get free and stay that way. Once one studies the military background of the Haitians (especially their leadership), it makes sense why they were able to achieve the victory that they did.​

Aye!! I was just about to post something like this. You forgot the Christian Nubians who gave the Arabs one of the most brutal beatings in history. None of these groups were "subordinate."

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
menelik.gif

Sans_titre.jpg

i never said that a ritual alone was the answer.

these examples mean shyt to me to be honest. blacks throughout the diaspora are not following the same christianity that they did. period. the only christianity blacks in america know is a white jesus. ya'll are being disingenuous .

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of these characters don't know that Muslim West Africans(who a good number of AAs descend from) MIX IN African spirituality and Islam! This was even noted by non-Africans who visited Mali Empire.

who's talking about islam?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
They had to because Muslims only traded with other Muslims. At least according to Dr. Van sertima. Even still the religion of the Rog from Mali is sort of like gnosticism so some of them didn't have far to go.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah, wont go into too much personal detail, but i can speak first hand this stuff. With both Islam and Christianity. Heck and to an extent Judaism but that thats another story in itself :sas2:.

My uncles on my mothers side (her brothers) translated the bible into our native language back in the day to assist relationtions between foreign business people, missionaries, etc. For such a "uncivilized" people it sure is funny that our native language had words to describe everything in the bible, and for a people who "dont know God" you would think our language would not have any words to translate certain concepts since those concepts would allgedly be forgien to us. :sas2:

On top of that my grandfather and great grand father did not speak english but could read the Quran (my moms eldest brother went to an Islamic school prior to converting to Christianity).
:sas2:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
How is switching from one set of beliefs to another "an answer" to any kind of real-life issues Black people are facing? Voodoo gonna stop police bullets? Voodoo gonna change laws? Voodoo gonna end racism? :patrice:

If you mean that Black people should get closer to their own cultures, I fully support that (but voodoo is just one belief among many), but it's the not alpha and omega.
buss gun buss juj then we buss case :wow:

Dion Isus

Pro
Daps
i never said that a ritual alone was the answer.

these examples mean shyt to me to be honest. blacks throughout the diaspora are not following the same christianity that they did. period. the only christianity blacks in america know is a white jesus. ya'll are being disingenuous .

All of the people mentioned (Kongolese, Ethiopian, Haitian) could have been atheist, and their respective results would have most likely turned out the same. And that's because the x-factor is *drumroll* fighting and strategy. If people had passive, but practice Vodun, Odinani, Ifa, etc they would have lost from the jump.

Last edited: