Is the Midwest more racist than the South?

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I think the south is the least racist of all the regions in the US, simply because whites here are more prone to actually living around, interacting with, and growing up around blacks. Its not like that outside of the south, whites outside the south, in my experience, are more likely to never have met a black person, and only seen blacks from their portrayal in music videos and tv.

I feel this way too. Ppl talk shyt about racism in Florida. But unless you're in a real hick town, it's not so apparent. Yes there's still Confederate flags and shyt... But there's a familiarity there. Blacks and whites work together, there's black and white cops, there's black and white businesses, etc. Places like Cali, Oregon, Washington, etc I'd imagine would be worse being that it's literally all white people.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
In my 38 yrs in the Midwest, a white muthafukka NEVER ran up on me.

The worst that's happened to me was back in 08 when I was livin' in Columbus, Ohio one night, pumpin gas in my ride and a car full of white boys yelled "n1gger" from a moving car. I chased them down Main St and they saw some cops and drove over by them:mjlol:

White muthafukkaz are the least of my worries

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Damn didn't know OHIO had such w bad rep with you brehs. I live In Ohio and the racism is tame here but my city is alot more diverse so that could be the difference. Maybe southern and western Ohio are was more racist. I'm 30 minutes south of Cleveland.
I lived in Marietta, Ohio for two years and it was arguably the most racist place I ever lived in.

Western Pennsylvania might come close.

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
MY EXPERIENCE..... I LIVE IN LOS ANGELES... SO WHEN I DRIVE TO CLEVELAND, OHIO OR TO WESTCHESTER COUNTY, IN NEW YORK CITY TO VISIT FAM I HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCES UP NORTH THAN DOWN SOUTH

LEAVING CALIFORNIA NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER TAKE INTERSTATE 80 GOING THROUGH THESE PLACES ( LOOK AT THE MAP )...

i-80-map.gif

usa-major-cities-2016.jpg

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
I lived in Marietta, Ohio for two years and it was arguably the most racist place I ever lived in.

Damn breh I'm in Akron, Ohio and shyt is low to moderate levels here. I'm not surprised though because black people are concentrated in the big cities in Ohio. Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Youngstown probably best places in Ohio for us but of course you can never escape racism.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
This is all correct. Its literally impossible for the South to get anymore racist than it already is without literally committing small-scale ethnic cleansings; the South is the only place with outdoor tent-prisons, chain-gangs, mass unemployment of majority Black regions, and entirely corrupt judicial systems.
The Midwest is getting worse, as the situation for isolated Whites out here gets worse.
Mountain west is far more racist than the south, MInnesotta, North Dakota, Montana, and etc.
There are outdoor tent prisons in Arizona and AZ is also the only state with a chain gang.
The judicial system is corrupt and biased against non-whites in every state in the US and federally.
Employment level in the south for blacks is around the national average, as well as having the highest rate of black home ownership. The lowest states for black employment is Illinois though.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Damn breh I'm in Akron, Ohio and shyt is low to moderate levels here. I'm not surprised though because black people are concentrated in the big cities in Ohio. Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Youngstown probably best places in Ohio for us but of course you can never escape racism.
Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Youngstown, and Cincinatti are cool. When I was living there in 2002-2004 i went to all those places many times. Funny how many cities Ohio has compared to other states.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
It seems like Detroit, given its history...black and white folks pretty much get along even give. Then again Detroit is over 80% black.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I really can't speak on it because I haven't spent much time in the Midwest. But if there's one region I'd never live in it would be the Midwest. All those landlocked states in the heart of the country like Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska :scust: I'd imagine that would be where you'd find the most racist cacs in this country. You have the sparse black populations present in those areas where whites have probably never encountered black people before. Also alot of those Midwestern states are in the "Rust Belt" section where alot of whites are even struggling socioeconomically with the industrialization and manufacturing jobs no longer there so they hold alot of resentment which they direct towards black people. You mix predominantly white demographics with economic deprivation with white privilege/entitlement and it is not a good place for black people to be. The South of course has its racist history but like others have said blacks and whites have been accustomed to living amongst each other down here so there is more toleration and familiarity.

Last edited:

Vilify

Superstar
Daps

What kind of racist experiences did you encounter?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
What kind of racist experiences did you encounter?
Got arrested for shoplifting in 2004. Stole a pack of Kool-aid. I got a 250 fine and 3 months probation for it. I was the only non white person in that courtroom. I was around people getting caught with Crystal meth getting charged with 20 hours of community service. Eventually it got dropped.

Got called a n****** outside of a house party by a bunch of white baseball players when I was 19. I was alone. I didn't fear for my life then but looking back in surprised I didn't.

This was in small town Ohio btw.

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Youngstown, and Cincinatti are cool. When I was living there in 2002-2004 i went to all those places many times. Funny how many cities Ohio has compared to other states.
Yeah them cities have a decent population of black people. Once you hit them heavily white populated towns you feel the :mjpls:.