Is An Office Job (Cubicles) The WOAT Life?

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Y'all don't have open plan offices and hot desking?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's of course true that working as a landscaper or a coal miner or picking up trash at the baseball stadium after games is hell compared with working corporate/office jobs....but it's ok to accept that for many people this is their hell, or has become their hell. I have never held an office job in any real capacity, though I did pick up trash after baseball games and clean bathrooms, paint yachts and navy boats, (more accurately did the gopher work for those that did)....I am morbidly fascinated with the darkside of corporate life, work, and America in general, I have read a dozen or so books from 'Retail Hell' to 'Bait & Switch', to 'Nickle and Dimed' on the subject....I cant imagine the pressure, stress, and unhappiness that comes with those jobs, work in general honestly is imo a huge lie that Americas Calvinst and capitalist values have exploited millions of people with....You get leased a life, and the cost you pay is 80% of your time.....sales competitions, all that bullshyt 'positivity' to propel sales and performance, manipulations and company contests, it's sickening....all in the name of mindless products and empty people, in most cases. I have so much empathy for those who are in fear of constant layoffs, or keeping up with everyone, from middle aged men who are downsized and realize they have NO value to corporate America anymore, and when your self id is all wrapped up in selling aluminium siding or garage door openers, or life insurance, you are gutted. It's an ugly reality, and it must be easy for those who don't care or don't notice.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I dont know how much longer I can do this
We went through college for this type of life?
shyt looks like we're in Sim City
I'm used to it now. :manny:
I get paid pretty good. Coffee is free.
cubicle_farm.JPG

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
How do you spend a typical day?

Now, it's wherever I can get an outlet for my laptop. I do rent a mini-office/warehouse space, but I only go there to pick up mail and packages right now

My job up until last week I had to travel alot, so I did more work in whatever hotel I was at, meet on site with an account manager and customer, then back to the hotel or wherever. I was on call no matter what, but it was rare to actually expect much past 7 pm