In honor of the infinity wars upcoming release, rank the MCU movies from worst to best

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
1. Black Panther
2. Winter Soldier
3. GotG1
4. Civil War
5. Spider-Man Homecoming
6. Avengers 1
7. Iron Man
8. Thor Ragnarok
9. Ant Man
10. Dr. Strange

The rest aren't worth ranking to me either because I didn't see them, they were forgettable, or they were flat out bad.

Also I'm getting worried that Infinity War will be trash. Seems like too many characters to tell a compelling story in film, and I'm worried it'll just be a light show full of CGI
These are the 10 I'd choose as well, just slightly different order

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I keep saying this but if the fights in Black Panther was tighter and much more crisp I would love to see how it fairer against Winter Soldier because the only thing Winter Soldier has on it is action.

1. Winter Soldier

2. Black Panther

3. Avengers

4. Civil War

5. Iron man

6. Age of Ultron (I love the chemistry between the cast so their team up movies rank high for me).

7. Thor Ragnarock

8. GOTG

9. GOTG2

10. Thor

11. Iron man 3

12. Dr Strange/ Captain America first Avenger

13. Ant man

14. Spider-Man homecoming

15. Iron man 2

16. Incredible Hulk

17. Thor the dark world

momma

All Star
Daps
1 Infinity War - #1 before I even see it
2 Winter Soldier - Nearly flawless superhero movie. Action choreography a particular standout
3 Black Panther - Might be #1 had it not been for the lukewarm CGI/fight scenes. They didn't detract too much but the movie could have been that much better had they done the fights differently
4 Civil War - Also nearly flawless, but I can't put it above BP or WS because it's inherently not as focused of a movie when there's a million different characters
5 Guardians - Only (big) flaw: Weak villain
6 Ragnarok - Could make a case for top 4 tbh, nearly perfect except for some of the Asgard stuff. Surprisingly does a lot of emotional beats well in addition to the hilarity and the fukkery and the absurdity and the epicness
7 Homecoming - Really great but a lot of uneven pacing/focus that I felt detracted a little bit
8 Iron Man - Can still make a case for top 5
9 Captain America First Avenger - Underrated imo, probably the most heartfelt story and provides a lot of things that you understand and appreciate the Captain America character more and why he does the things he does in future movies
10 Doctor Strange - Just also somewhat cookie cutter in a lot of respects and I feel the magic stuff wasn't really explained that well
11 Age of Ultron - Surprisingly has a lot of replay value
12 The Avengers - Honestly great from beginning to end but I feel like the style/swag of the movie was a little off if you know what I mean
13 Guardians 2 - Didn't like the plot, the characters completely saved and lifted this movie
14 Ant-Man - Solid but its a little too cookie cutter of an origin movie that I can't put it above the more ambitious entries
15 Iron Man 2 - IMO the best of the "worst" MCU movies, that Tony poisoning thing was a really good story from beginning to finish and the Iron Man / War Machine teamup was :banderas:
16 Thor - Not bad
17 Iron Man 3 - Boring and lame. Only good part was the Tony PTSD arc
18 Thor Dark World - Lack of a soul/identity
19 Incredible Hulk - Only saw this once

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I’m curious why you got the first captain America so low?

The preserum stuff was excellent. The plane crash into the ocean scene was riveting. Everything else bored me to tears, Red Skull being a full filler villain with no payoff makes it worst.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Black panther
Guardians of the galaxy
Winter soldier
Homecoming
Guardians 2
Civil war
Iron man
Iron man 3
First avenger
Avengers
Ragnarok
Doc strange

And @FlyRy not necessarily

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
1. Captain America - Winter Soldier (no major weaknesses. Can watch as a standalone film just fine. Action scenes well done and believability was excellent. Russo Bros killed that shyt).

2. Black Panther (CGI C Team must have done the effects...the ONLY knock)

3. Avengers 1 (despite lack of major villain, first major superhero team up and was well executed)

4. Iron Man (intro to the MCU, perfect casting of RDJ. First half was GREAT)

5. Cap 3 (Avengers 2.5) (Civil War). At no time did I feel that they really were gonna kill each other, especially during that big airport scene. Everyone was holding back. So that whole scene was just aite. End was good though, esp the reveal.

6. GOTG2 (Drax and Rocket killed that shyt).

7. Captain America (Completely underutilized Red Skull). Very good origin joint

8. GOTG (Man too many of yall give that wack ass dance off in GOTG a pass. shyt really brought that movie down some notches. Completely corny and ruined top 5 status for me)

9. Spidey Homecoming (Keaton murdered it as Vulture).

10. Thor Ragnarok (solid joint. Was an action comedy though).

11. Ant Man (underrated).

12. Incredible Hulk (slept on).

13. Thor 1 (solid origin joint).

14. Avengers 2 - Age of Ultron (completely fukked up with Ultron).

15. Iron Man 3 - I'll never forgive them for that Mandarin shyt. NEVER. (the "fix" saved this from being the worst). That's how pissed I was.

16. Doc Strange (aite, but forgettable)

17. Thor 2 Dark World (no comment).

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
top Tier
Winter Soldier
Civil War
Black Panther
GotG
Ant-Man

Middle Tier
Iron Man
Thor
Dr Strange
Age of Ultron
Avengers
GotG 2

Rest

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't truly make a list without watching them again but I did rewatch Incredible Hulk again last year and I think it's, at very least, in the top ten.

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
I can't rank these things numerically anymore. All of my top tier picks are all on the same level of replay value . So with that said..

The Worst
Thor: The Dark World

The Good
Thor
Iron Man
Captain America
Iron Man 3
Ant Man
Guardians of the Galaxy 2

The Best
Doctor Strange
Iron Man 2
Avengers
Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Black Panther
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Avengers
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Thor: Ragnarok
I think this is a better way of ranking them

I would swap Iron Man 3 for Doctor Strange tho

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the worst to me was Iron Man 3..iron man is the one series of marvel movies that went down in quality with each one

capt america first avenger is the most underrated out of the marvel flicks...i never got the boring stigma that it got

Iron man 2 was the weakest of those I think simply because it spent so much time world building. I’ll have to go back and watch age of ultron and iron man 3 again since I haven’t seen them since theaters. Weakest of all was definitely the dark world. Literally nothing that happened in the film mattered. Thor and Loki’s mother dies and Loki gets out of jail. That’s really all that happens that matters. Very little charm or joy in the film and the plot had no grand consequences for the future and the villain was a cardboard cutout. Best I think was winter soldier or black panther and the most unique were definitely guardians of the galaxy and black panther. I watched iron man recently and I think a lot of people forget how good it was. I really enjoyed Jeff bridges in his role and of all the great casting choices made for these films, RDJ as Tony Stark is still their best one.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Iron man 2 was the weakest of those I think simply because it spent so much time world building. I’ll have to go back and watch age of ultron and iron man 3 again since I haven’t seen them since theaters. Weakest of all was definitely the dark world. Literally nothing that happened in the film mattered. Thor and Loki’s mother dies and Loki gets out of jail. That’s really all that happens that matters. Very little charm or joy in the film and the plot had no grand consequences for the future and the villain was a cardboard cutout. Best I think was winter soldier or black panther and the most unique were definitely guardians of the galaxy and black panther. I watched iron man recently and I think a lot of people forget how good it was. I really enjoyed Jeff bridges in his role and of all the great casting choices made for these films, RDJ as Tony Stark is still their best one.

Was Iron man 2 also written during the writers strike also? Is that the reason for all the storylines, introductions, villains, etc? Dark World only served to introduce the reality stone

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Was Iron man 2 also written during the writers strike also? Is that the reason for all the storylines, introductions, villains, etc? Dark World only served to introduce the reality stone
I can’t really remember. At the very least they could’ve don’t something that had lasting ramifications in that movie and some meaningful character arcs.