If Infinity War Isn't Good....Could It Kill The Superhero Genre?

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
BP aside, it's lowkey setting in already :iseeu:

The Netflix universe is significantly less important than it was when it started. Only a matter of time before it spreads to movies.
The last 5/6 mcu movies have done 800 mil+ and 2 of them over 1b stop it :stopitslime:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If wack ass Age of Ultron didn’t kill the genre I don’t see why this one would

Plus Marvel has a shytload of stans that’s gonna act like its the greatest thing they ever saw no matter what

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
BP aside, it's lowkey setting in already :iseeu:

The Netflix universe is significantly less important than it was when it started. Only a matter of time before it spreads to movies.
As far as the tv shows go I agree

Im pretty much done with all the superhero tv shows except for the new ones that only have 1 season like Legion and The Gifted

All those netflix and CW superhero shows are stale af

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The last 5/6 mcu movies have done 800 mil+ and 2 of them over 1b stop it :stopitslime:

It’s crazy!!:pachaha:

Nicca wanna see & call the failure of Marvel so bad...... I bet they waiting for the moment Marvel drops a new movie introducing a new obscure character...... like say Puck starring say........

An unknown actor like dude from NBC’s Outsourced.

And the moment that movie does $200-$400M, cats will be screaming “see Marvels falling off, that movie was a FLOP! Puck should’ve done BP or at worst Spider-Man #s!!:steviej:

Any small victories they can take or opportunities to take a shot at Marvel.... I guess they will take though :bryan:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
If wack ass Age of Ultron didn’t kill the genre I don’t see why this one would

Plus Marvel has a shytload of stans that’s gonna act like its the greatest thing they ever saw no matter what

But what else out there is it has been consistently better? Let’s not pretend like there hasn’t been validation for those claims over the years.

The last fair to say great movie Marvel did was about 40 something days ago.

the last great movie “others” have done was literally 10 years ago

If we are being honest

Martha

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
But what else out there is it has been consistently better? Let’s not pretend like there hasn’t been validation for those claims over the years.

The last fair to say great movie Marvel did was about 40 something days ago.

the last great movie “others” have done was literally 10 years ago

If we are being honest

Martha
dikkriding movie studios aint my thing breh

I judge each movie on its own

I haven’t seen Black Panther so i cant speak on that

Winter Soldier was great and Ant Man was pretty good though

Most of the other movies have been just ok or wack

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
no one movie will ever kill a genre:dahell:

i'm not gonna say marvel movies are too big to fail, but they have a large fan base and make bank off merch. it could possibly grow if the deal between fox and disney goes through. they'll have so many great story lines they can go with if they have x-men and fantastic 4 rights. plus they can finally have an established popular villain like doom or magneto. it's crazy.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

i'm not gonna say marvel movies are too big to fail, but they have a large fan base and make bank off merch. it could possibly grow if the deal between fox and disney goes through. they'll have so many great story lines they can go with if they have x-men and fantastic 4 rights. plus they can finally have an established popular villain like doom or magneto. it's crazy.
It is crazy. :mjgrin: Shyt might just be entering it's prime.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
dikkriding movie studios aint my thing breh

I judge each movie on its own

I haven’t seen Black Panther so i cant speak on that

Winter Soldier was great and Ant Man was pretty good though

Most of the other movies have been just ok or wack

Na I feel you? But it’s no different than riding with with Team Bron, Team Kobe, Xbox vs PlayStation, old school hip hop fans vs current mumble rap fans, and etc...... everyone rides the dikk:youngsabo:

Na but in all serious..... as great as it would be.... to me not ever movie needs to be a absolute 8 baseball field length home runs.

If they just continue to create really good stuff.... I don’t see what the problem is. Marvel now 18 or 19 movies in its reveally when cats try the criticized. The mainly go back to 1 or 2 movies at best

Martha

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It’s crazy!!:pachaha:

Nicca wanna see & call the failure of Marvel so bad...... I bet they waiting for the moment Marvel drops a new movie introducing a new obscure character...... like say Puck starring say........

An unknown actor like dude from NBC’s Outsourced.

And the moment that movie does $200-$400M, cats will be screaming “see Marvels falling off, that movie was a FLOP! Puck should’ve done BP or at worst Spider-Man #s!!:steviej:

Any small victories they can take or opportunities to take a shot at Marvel.... I guess they will take though :bryan:

Martha
You talking about the little dude from alpha flight?
shyt they get the right little man in the role and i might see that.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X

original.gif

We are Groot?

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

Here’s the thing that people aren’t taking into consideration.

Yes..... we are old..... we may grow out of this cuz this shyt is here along for us in our adult hood

But what about Lil Jimmy and Becky?

A lot of them were born in 2005 and up so a lot of them was watching IM since they was babies or maybe was born after 2008 but was old enough to see the later movies and when back to see IM.

Cuz it’s doubtful the go back further so yea they growing up on the MCU.

When we was kids, we didn’t have a Black super hero really.... it’s like 70s babies had Shaft and then it was absent for a few years..... but these 00s and 10s kids grew up on Nick Fury, War Machine, Falcon, and now BP and Wakanda.

Then there are the Marvel cartoons they watching on Disney XD, then the theme parks and etc.

So if “we age out” there is another platoon or legion Marvel fans ready to fill the voids.

Where are the cartoons and other shows to promote their brand to the next generation? And I mean like a consistent tv cartoon not the once or twice a year animated cartoon for teens and adult?

If I’m a Little Jimmy, I know can take a Disney crews or go to a theme park and see Cap and Hulk and etc or go to Wakanda.

But can I go to say Metropolis and where can I find other hero’s?

Na man..... trust there is plenty to replace the ones that get “burnt out”

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You talking about the little dude from alpha flight?
shyt they get the right little man in the role and i might see that.

Yep,

Now imagine this guy landed the role

outsourced_nbc_tv_show_slice.jpg

Along with some other unknown folks and say Ted Danson (since Marvel low key been trynna revitalize the careers of 80s & 90s stars)

If this movie does say Opening weekend $74M and ends at $380-$430M range.

Cats would love to pounce on it calling it a flop and taunting that it should’ve been as big as Guardians

Martha