Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I didn't like Sam's comments about the dude from Get Out. Just seemed completely unnecessary. But I'm also not black so maybe I didn't totally get what he was saying.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
ah so you don't think black people go thru systematic mistreatment in england?
so you don't think black people in england dont go thru not having emotion connection to events and people?
the things you listed are not exclusive to americans.
nope, but i think it's different and a different experience. i also don't think some of the people who are our heroes and mean a lot to us mean the same to you. there are plenty of black leaders/figures from other countries that i can know the story of but don't have the same emotional connection to because it's not my story.

all i'm saying is as an AA, i'd like to see AA's in the leading roles of the stories that are our history.

Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
The guy that starred in Get Out is basically 30. I'd be interested to know who auditioned for the role. In the end, it worked out, he did his thing in the movie and it was a hit. But you would lose your shyt if a they were going to cast a Black James Bond and Michael B. Jordan got the role over any Black british actor....

I haven't seen anyone dispute this point.

Weird to see AA get shamed for being tribal.

Ironic to see who's doing the shaming.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im struggling to think of 7 roles

Forest Whitaker as idi amin

Don Cheadle as Paul Rusesabagina( his british accent was shyt though, im starting think that was intentional)

Mahershala Ali as mombasa in predators

Chadwick Boseman as jacob king in message from the king

Aldis Hodge had done a few accents in leverage
forest, and don cheadle were good, the rest not so much.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nothing wrong with what Sam Jackson said. It's the truth. If you look at Snowfall for example, the lead actor is British. You mean to tell me they couldn't find a Black male from LA to fill that role? A colleague of mine is an actor on the side out there and it rubbed him the wrong way to see that.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nope, but i think it's different and a different experience. i also don't think some of the people who are our heroes and mean a lot to us mean the same to you. there are plenty of black leaders/figures from other countries that i can know the story of but don't have the same emotional connection to because it's not my story.

all i'm saying is as an AA, i'd like to see AA's in the leading roles of the stories that are our history.
you obviously have not lived in england, so why do you think its different? i live in both usa and uk. i think im more educated on this than you
if you don't have the same connection its because you like many american's don't travel the world, thats why you also make unfounded comments such as the one you made. If you lived in england you would know what you're saying isn't true.
its acting.... not a documentary. black is black no matter where someone is born, we all have the same history. you think because i was born in england my history doesnt start in africa, then cacs came and enslaved my ancestors, then i live in a white country with racist cacs. same shyt different toilet.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing wrong with what Sam Jackson said. It's the truth. If you look at Snowfall for example, the lead actor is British. You mean to tell me they couldn't find a Black male from LA to fill that role? A colleague of mine is an actor on the side out there and it rubbed him the wrong way to see that.
why does it matter? why shouldnt it be the best actor for the job?

in that case do you think only africans should be cast in the black panther movie?

do you think eddie murphy should not have starred in coming to america?

and where do we draw the line, people from new york shouldnt play roles for people in cali?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
forest, and don cheadle were good, the rest not so much.

a lot better than some of the british actors trying out american accents

why does it matter? why shouldnt it be the best actor for the job?

in that case do you think only africans should be cast in the black panther movie?

do you think eddie murphy should not have starred in coming to america?

and where do we draw the line, people from new york shouldnt play roles for people in cali?

black panther is based on an american work, and eddie murphy WAS coming to america

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot better than some of the british actors trying out american accents

black panther is based on an american work, and eddie murphy WAS coming to america
well this is false.

alot of people dont even know when a english actor is doing an american accent, people didn't know idris was english for years.
im baffled why it matters, BLACK IS BLACK. not sure whats hard to understand about that.

have you ever traveled the world? or are you one of those american's that don't have a passport and only stay on the continent and islands owned by usa?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
well this is false.

alot of people dont even know when a english actor is doing an american accent, people didn't know idris was english for years.
im baffled why it matters, BLACK IS BLACK. not sure whats hard to understand about that.

have you ever traveled the world? or are you one of those american's that don't have a passport and only stay on the continent and islands owned by usa?

how does me not being a globe charting individual not give me the sense to recognize a tryhard american accent?

Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
well this is false.

No need for the ad hominem attacks.

Everyone is just pointing out the obvious bias.

AA should have built their version of hollywood ages ago.

Then people wouldn't need to complain about Foreign Blacks positioning themselves as 'safe alternatives'.