I think sports fans are some of the dumbest people in our society

Daps
Reppin
NULL
its a good healthy distraction, better than most.

you could deconstruct anything & it'll seem like a waste of time. there's been a few times where i 'quit' sports but it always pulls me back in.

after a shytty day you watch some around the horn or bet on the big east tournament, and things aren't so bad anymore.

but yeah truthfully, most people aren't really good at anything, thats why they need vicarious entertainment

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. There are many sports fans who are intelligent, educated, cultured, and well versed people.

I'm not a fan of sports...I have my own qualms with this country's obsession with sports and consider facets of them kind of ignorant as well...I don't watch em...don't follow teams...and I don't post in The Coliseum...but I wouldn't DARE to paint a whole group of people with such a broad stroke of a brush like that.

Country music fans tho....yep....that's where the dumbasses are

:patrice::skip::russ:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sad to say but this is kinda true. Sports really is a huge, pointless distraction. Don't even get me started on fantasy leagues. Yall really got time for this shyt? :what:

It might not seem that serious, but think about how many people start their kids playing sports at such young ages, in hopes of going pro. Lots of disgruntled people working regular jobs, pissed that they never realized their hoop dreams so they live vicariously thru their kids. If everyone who watched sports collectively focused on real issues tons of progress would be made.

As black men we really are reduced to being athletes/entertainers. Sad because we have so much to offer.

Besides, sports are very much rigged. This is coming from a sports fan too :snoop:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
i was high as fuk listening to sports radio not that long ago, and it really struck me how dumb sports are. like the discussions & the callers were really buggin me.

if your life's going well the last thing you need are these dumb storylines & statistics.

Ya these guys are just pulling statistics out they ass..probably never took statistics class in college either I bet

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I spend my entire day reading different shyt, and using my brain. At night...

al-bundy.jpg

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
only sports i care about is boxing and mma. and i compete in amateur boxing so i spend more time actually doing the sport than watching.

team sports are :scusthov: tho.
Same here...but I'm not gonna be like the OP and look down my nose at ppl who fukk with sports.

That would be the same thing as those people who claim hip hop/rap fans are idiots:mjpls:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Like why would you waste like 3 hours or more a day sitting in front of the Gawd damn tv cheering for teams that don't give a fukk about you.. Seems senseless.. It's like nationalism or patriotism,, we're people come together like morons in synch for one stupid cause,,

Then after your game you watch ESPN highlights of other games .. So basically you wasted another 2 hours.. So you're wasting like 30 hours per week watching sports when you could of read 2 books during that time about the modern economy or Ernest hemmingways classics ,,
U cool
But you need to chill breh
On 40s
#LWO
RAIDERGANG
:demonic:

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Nothing wrong with watching sports as long as it's you realize it's only entertainment. :manny:

Some of these hockey fans where I live go a little too hard with their fandom though, they're calling radio stations in tears and claiming that their life is ruined all because the team lost in the playoffs. There was even people calling 9-1-1 to report a cheapshot a few years back. :huhldup:

cook

Banned
Daps

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I agree that, in general, this country places far too much emphasis on sports.

And ESPN has turned the shyt into a fukking soap opera or reality tv show, with more emphasis on these dudes personal lives and public statements than the actual games themselves.