I saw Godzilla tonight

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
omaigaaahh!! so true!!

and this :sadbron:

AND they were having an admiral and a handful of "officials" making major homeland security decisions...not one time they showed the POTUS...it was so unrealistic...especially the part where the admiral is in the OPS room...anybody in that is in or was in the Navy would tell you that there are no theater size screen on a ship...not even an aircraft carrier. :childplease:

Why you going to have an expert and not take his advice
Admiral: how can we kill them? :upsetfavre:

Japanese Doc: I think we should just let them fight it out:patrice:

Admiral: :camby: get the missiles ready we are going to bomb the shyt out of them even if we kill have of the US population

Japanese Doc: :damn:

Its been almost a week since I saw the movie and I still crack up when I think about the details. :russ:

Oh and the shot where the show what I thought it was the Motu's balls? :russ:came to find out it was the female Motu...

The scene that I was most impressed with as far as cinematography was when the Motu flies down towards the ship. It was beautiful.

I still crack up thinking about the army guy telling the Japanese doctor, a survivor of the Hiroshima bombing, that these modern nukes will make the ones they used back in the 40s/50s look like firecrackers. Doc was looking at him like :to:.

Last edited:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I was a little disappointed in the film. Wasn't a bad movie, just wasn't great. I do have one question though. When ATJ approached Godzilla, when his head was on the ground, did Godzilla kinda smile at him like with an approval or something right before he passed out and ATJ went to catch up with his people to get rid of the bomb?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I still crack up thinking about the army guy telling the Japanese doctor, a survivor of the Hiroshima bombing, that these modern nukes will make the ones they used back in the 40s/50s look like firecrackers. Doc was looking at him like :to:.
That was his expression the whole movie. :mjpls:

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of you need to be like the custodians of your own expectations of this film

I'm sure with Channing Tatum was in the lead instead of ATJ it would have been more enjoyable, but the movie was a gamble, and after probably blowing half their budget on cranston, they got stuck with a dude that has a 12 year olds voice

With that said, sequel is coming, probably with a new director, (Gareth Edwards is doing star wars spin offs now) ya'll will probably get more Godzilla next movie

then they'll complain it's not a good enough story and too much action, like they did man of steel lol....only on the internet is everyone the smartest and can make the perfect product, yet that shyt never comes out...

anyway, like I said earlier: still haven't met anyone offline that dislikes the movie...

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
movie was great :noah:

a little corny at times (especially with the music)

that fatality at the end though had me :gladbron:

was kinda dissapointed they only had heisnenburg in there awhile.. and when godzilla and the flying one first fight they only show a few seconds of it (show godzilla biting the flying one head) but I was kinda worried that they were only gonna show shyt like that the rest of the movie and thought he might of killed the flying one there

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally got see Zilla Snoop Dogg the buildings:blessed:, or in this case: Hawaii, San Francisco, and Vegas:pachaha: Mutos tag-teamed the Gawd, and still got dismantled into pieces:russ: Your wingspan tentacles too short to slapbox with Zilla:youngsabo: One of you got swat into a building like a mosquito:ufdup:And, the other got that gasolina electrolites pour down its throat:banderas: After putting in that jackhammering work, Zilla takes a little night night:snooze:, brush the debris off his shoulder:ohhh:, and make his grand exit back to his oceanic abode:wow: Coli WestCoast bros, if Gawdzilla ever really makes landfall:skip:, y'all getting toss in the bushes first:umad: Oh, and only a BLACKEXCELLENCE schoolbus driver would have the gumption to haul ass out of danger:myman:

Last edited:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
This movie is the reason why I read up on reviews before going to the theatre....I went in without really reading anything into it and shyt was a damn mess outside of Godzilla fighting in the last 30 min :snoop:. Not the worst I've seen but 6/10 at most

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was a little disappointed in the film. Wasn't a bad movie, just wasn't great. I do have one question though. When ATJ approached Godzilla, when his head was on the ground, did Godzilla kinda smile at him like with an approval or something right before he passed out and ATJ went to catch up with his people to get rid of the bomb?
no he just looked at him. don't know how some people think Godzilla was expressing some emotion.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was Japanese, woulda saw it as payback for Hiroshima. So my expression woulda been :beli: after it left my spot.
So you would be surprised, shocked, horrified if 300 ft tall monsters suddenly appeared? :usure:

Plus Japan got reactors, too. After they got done and them babies hatched they would've spread across the world.

lurkandmurk

The Bull
Daps
Reppin
The Bull
Epic action scenes, in Pacific Rim :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Half the action of Pacific Rim are watching the characters inside the machines do synchronized jazzercise together just to make the machine punch :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Wait Wait Wait barely asian girl before you can pull that sword out we need to synchronize our movements or the machine we are supposed to control will just stand here like Jesus Bynum :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Watches 2 men walk and swing their arms in unison for 17 seconds just to watch a machine throw one punch.

Pacific Rim was entertaining...but it is a movie that no one would watch completely through a second time...you might just watch the fight scenes again, but that is it...Godzilla is far from a best picture contender, but it's characters, acting, story, and pace, blow Pacific Rims out of the water

Yes! We beat a level 3 monster!

No! Here comes a bigger level 4 monster!

Yes! We beat a level 4 monster!

No! Here comes a bigger level 5 monster!

Synchronizes movements with my fiancee so that I can lift this cup of coffee :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Laughs at this incredibly poor comparison of movies that were never intended to be like each other, but's gets frozen because my fiancee didn't sync her movements with mine.

TBH I think Pacific Rim was great in an anime way. It seemed completely like an anime in real-life to me like Gundam or some shyt.
Scientists dudes were:comeon:

but the action.:whew:

Can you imagine how hard that shyt would be to control? It wasn't also just one monster that they don't know how to deal with:childplease:

They had to deal with attrition biological-warfare, where them fukk-boys manufactured beings of pure destruction.

You can't compare Zilla to PR cause the entire story is on a different basis. Shyt they even developed certain-type monsters on some Attack on Titan steez.:wtf:

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
:ufdup:

C'mon hollywood, how is it even possible to fukk up a Godzilla movie in 2014!? You wanna throw a little human interest storyline in there, whatever, do it. :shaq2:

But you GOTTA come correct when its time for the monsters to throw down. (eg. King Kong vs the 3 T-Rexes). :lawd:

$100 Million+ and we can't even get one classic monster from the Godzilla library. Shyt you don't gotta give us Ghidora or Mothra right away (if this is going the franchise route), but you could hook us up with Smog Monster or something, cuz get these generic ass mantis type alien monsters da fukk outta here :camby:

Shyt if someone fukk around and tell me, Okay so make another Godzilla movie, here's $100 million.... I'll drop a classic.