I just watched 'There Will Be Blood".

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This actually one of my top 5 movies of all time, like another poster stated, his false love for the adopted son, which he used to sell a dream literally had me tripping, Daniel Day Lewis killed that role.....

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I'll be honest, I saw it coming off the high of No Country for Old Men so as a whole, it was ridiculously underwhelming for me. It was so different from the trailers that about half way through it dawned on me that it wasn't going to be what I thought it was and I felt like I'd been tricked.

That said, it had some of the best acting I have seen in film (DDL was stellar and transformative as always, P. Dano was outstanding for a newcomer), the cinematography was stunning and the score still gets heavy plays from me on a regular basis. Jonny Greenwood really killed it.

Still, while I liked different parts of it, altogether, it just didn't work for me. Tbh I blame it on the marketing. Mind you 2007 was the year of Zodiac, No Country for Old Men, American Gangster, 3:10 to Yuma (one of the best ever remakes IMO), Spider Man 3, I AM Legend, Gone Baby Gone, Transformers, The Assassination of Jesse James, etc JUST to name a few. So I mean like I get WHY it was marketed a certain way, but I feel like the trailers/promo really oversold what the actual film was going to be about which left me disappointed.

But I just looked it up and it seems it'll be showing in at a Hollywood theatre next week so I might have to give it a rewatch with the benefit of the full cinema exerience. Idk, it might change my mind.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If this movie had been about Drugs instead of Oil it would of been gangster classic as fukk.

Breh was cold hearted but he only loved people for as long as they were useful and if you did wrong by him he would get revenge. He was completely emotionally brutal but cunning too......

Great movie and an amazing performance

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always avoided this movie because it seemed.... boring. Is it really that good?

And I'm a fan of a good slow burn. The hateful 8 is one of my favorite movies and that's a slow ass movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've always avoided this movie because it seemed.... boring. Is it really that good?

And I'm a fan of a good slow burn. The hateful 8 is one of my favorite movies and that's a slow ass movie

It’s better than hateful eight so if you like that you’ll like this.