How The MCU Fixed Themselves & Why The DCEU Can Be Corrected (keep the stanning away)

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Spider-Man and Wolverine :dahell:

They are Marvel Characters

:dead:

....marvel characters that they didnt have film rights to. characters that are more popular that most if not all of the brand. are you being obtuse on purpose?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they just need to pick a plan and stick to it...by that i mean they either need to let the directors they hire do the type of movie they want and live with the results; or they need to come up with a formula they want the movies to follow for the directors....pick one or the other, and stop doing all the cuts to films they doing cause the executives dont like what the directors did....that's what marvel has done...they picked the latter, and now they have a formula that they tell the directors to stick to for the most part, and it's working....

as for universe building: as long as they stick to the comics, which they have done, they will be fine...they dont need to do origin stories nor have an overarching plot to lead up to something...that's how marvel comics go and what they have done to build up their universe, which works for them cause they are sticking to the comics....which is what dc needs to continue doing: just stick to the comics and let characters acknowledge they are in the same universe.....

also: as movie goers, we gotta change how we judge the films...by that i mean we shouldnt be going into a dc film expecting to see marvel, yet that's what a lot of people do....marvel has been successful doing it their way, so people now think that's how it should be done, and when it's not like that, they have issues with it....prime ex of what i'm talking about: watch the spoiler review of jl from the 2 black dudes with the asian chick that dont talk.....i dont know the name of them...one of them says over and over 'i know i shouldnt judge this off marvel, but..' then goes on to say things marvel does that he wants dc to do....and the other guy just tells him something to the effect of 'dc is dc, marvel is marvel, stop trying to make them the same'

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
they just need to pick a plan and stick to it...by that i mean they either need to let the directors they hire do the type of movie they want and live with the results; or they need to come up with a formula they want the movies to follow for the directors....pick one or the other, and stop doing all the cuts to films they doing cause the executives dont like what the directors did....that's what marvel has done...they picked the latter, and now they have a formula that they tell the directors to stick to for the most part, and it's working....

as for universe building: as long as they stick to the comics, which they have done, they will be fine...they dont need to do origin stories nor have an overarching plot to lead up to something...that's how marvel comics go and what they have done to build up their universe, which works for them cause they are sticking to the comics....which is what dc needs to continue doing: just stick to the comics and let characters acknowledge they are in the same universe.....

also: as movie goers, we gotta change how we judge the films...by that i mean we shouldnt be going into a dc film expecting to see marvel, yet that's what a lot of people do....marvel has been successful doing it their way, so people now think that's how it should be done, and when it's not like that, they have issues with it....prime ex of what i'm talking about: watch the spoiler review of jl from the 2 black dudes with the asian chick that dont talk.....i dont know the name of them...one of them says over and over 'i know i shouldnt judge this off marvel, but..' then goes on to say things marvel does that he wants dc to do....and the other guy just tells him something to the effect of 'dc is dc, marvel is marvel, stop trying to make them the same'

Can't agree with this.

Dc n Marvel are somewhat interchangeable. There's a reason writers bounce between the two.

To the movies...if Dc can't be at times light hearted, then something is wrong. These are people who wear silly costumes n punch each other in the face. The levity is inherently present.

Now, quip central? Nobody wants that, but the same self serious pretension that we caught a whiff of from Nolan n Snyder stank of?
Nah b, we good on that.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whether you hate the DCEU movies or not, this is not the thread for that. this is a thread discussing how Marvel built their public perception and how the DCEU can do the same also.

Ask anyone, NO ONE, NO ONE will ever deny how good Iron Man 1 was, the foundation of what is the MCU, but lets not kid ourselves, the 2nd bat was disastrous, the Hulk movie bombed, financially and critically, and because of 2 hulk bombs we'll never see a Hulk solo again (even tho i think current MCU can do son justice now).

My case of this argument was, imagine if you fucctards said Marvel should quit after such a disaster, we wouldn't get what we see today. what did they do ? RIGHT BACK TO WHAT WORKS.. ''works''

RDJ = Iron Man = $$ = HAPPY PUBLIC

they steamrolled Iron Man 2 straight and of course people loved it, and then Thor even tho was shyt, was light enough to be passable and down the line we have the MCU.

My point. ON PAPER, fucc your reviews and feelings.. ON PAPER, what MATTERS TO STOCK HOLDERS, the DCEU is very profitable, in 5 films they have made more money than MCU first 5. contrary to what you guys call ''BvS was a flop and needed a billi to recoup, the studio ACTUALLY made a profit''. so no it was not a flop.

even JL and its 96 milli OW, will end its run on a profit. so regardless of how you feel, the studio is not going to stop making movies because critics dont like it, they WILL DEFINITELY change shyt tho.. cause unless you're a hater, like a genuine fucc boy, i dont know why you would want to see comic movie stop being produced ?? shyt makes no sense, we are in the GOLDEN AGES of cbm. i want to see DC & Marvel, Fox & Sony bring all my favourites to the big screen, im excited. we have fuccin BLACK PANTHER. do you realise how dope that shyt is ????

My point..

like Marvel fell back on what worked and got it right.. right now the DCEU has somethin which WORKS.. Wonder Woman.

Gal = WW = $$ = Happy Public

they need to get WW2 steamrolled ASAP and get people happy. Aquaman is done and SHAZAM is in production which can't be helped but on a real, Let Batman simmer for a minute and let WW get people excited, and you can throw in Bats as the reason she's now inspired so at least he's in the mix.

If i were at WB, right now in particular order i'd do

Aquaman
SHAZAM
WW 2
MOS 2
Black Adam
The BATMAN
Deathstroke
SS 2
WW 3
Flash
MOS 3
Aquaman 2
Batman 2
JL 2

.. seriously, get Wonder Woman on track and it's good to go. people are loving how Supes is especially since his resurrection and how happy he is now. People have been asking for a MOS sequel, get that shyt out..

another major thing is WB needs to STOP announcing a plathora of movies and no plan.

It's a blessing in disguise that Aquaman is the only movie on the slate for next year. they have a year, A FULL YEAR to get shyt right, thats a Batman Prep time amount of time they have, 12 damn months, yooo

GET A PLAN FULLY SET with a goal in mind and let shyt rock.. all this panicking and changing last minute gotta stop.. simple, if it works, the public will have no choice but to love it. when every decision seems reactionary then nothing works.

2019 can be a wonderful year for the DCEU if the fakkits at WB get their act together.

what do you guys think ??

and please, dont be that dikkhead who replies ''make better movies, like marvel doesnt have _____ '' anywayssssssss.

Here's the thing, the first 5 DC movies should have made more than the first 5 MCU movies. We're talking about DC's most popular characters vs B-tier (at best) Marvel characters. You know why the MCU works? Because it's B-tier characters. "Antman" can open to $56 mill or whatever the fukk, and nobody bats an eye. Because nobody ever expected an Antman movie in the first place.

When you're dealing with the Justice League, the stakes are a lot higher. Because the characters are higher profile, so the cost of failure is far worse.

And that's it really. Is the DCEU terrible, a flop, etc? No....but the fact that we're sitting here discussing B-tier Marvel characters in the same breath as Superman or Batman speaks volumes on how much they dropped the ball.

Fred.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't agree with this.

Dc n Marvel are somewhat interchangeable. There's a reason writers bounce between the two.

To the movies...if Dc can't be at times light hearted, then something is wrong. These are people who wear silly costumes n punch each other in the face. The levity is inherently present.

Now, quip central? Nobody wants that, but the same self serious pretension that we caught a whiff of from Nolan n Snyder stank of?
Nah b, we good on that.

where did i say DC movies had to be serious like nolan/snyder?....i didnt...i just said WB need to let the directors make whatever movie they wanna make, and live with the results....you know, actually do the shyt they said when the universe first started about letting the directors have creative control.....if they dont wanna do that, they need to come up with a formula they want the directors to stick to....

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Where are you from? Just curious cause this might be a regional thing. I know that NY POCs love Marvel.
i know you done seen me say it mad times, and believe me i try not to.
nobody fukked with DC like that.
and truthfully it was never even a comic book thing.
the characters just looked cooler, sounded cooler.
that all folks.
i know DC will be ok tho.
just gotta find their niche.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
What held Marvel at the beginning was the Iron Man and Captain America Movies. Both had a great/positive reception and became the Icon to what Marvel has done best in (The Avengers).

Also helps that they have great directors and writers plus a Producer [Kevin Feige] who seems to be a comic fan first... not profit first [DC]

like i stated, hulk movie flopped so bad even the stans act like it doesnt exist.

no, cap wasnt as beloved as you like to believe after his 1st movie, only Stark was, it wasnt after Avenger that shyt changed, lets not re-write history now

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
that all folks.

i agree. they can easily ride the wave and bounce back, they have a year till Aquaman, thats enough time to get a plan in place

parallax

Superstar
Daps
that all folks.

i think that might be a local thing for you. there were(and are) mad batman and superman fans out here on the west coast. id imagine since the reeves put in work on superman and adam west and burt ward put in on batman and robin as well as batman the animated series, that theyve had generational pop culture advantage for a long ass time that hasnt really dropped off. the rest of dc though, comic groups pushed the other characters, but thats to be expected

Daps
Reppin
NULL
DCEU's hurting so bad, some of their exec's might actually be reading op's post like

KlutzyMarriedJaguarundi.gif

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
like i stated, hulk movie flopped so bad even the stans act like it doesnt exist.

no, cap wasnt as beloved as you like to believe after his 1st movie, only Stark was, it wasnt after Avenger that shyt changed, lets not re-write history now

1. Captain America was a bigger icon in Marvel comic history then Iron Man has ever been.
2. Captain America winter soldier was critically acclaimed and grossed more then Iron Man 2 and is on par with Iron Man if refering to profits. You can't deny the impact Cap America films has had within Marvel, and yes, Iron Man is more adored but everyone would rather watch the Cap America Trilogy then Iron Man Trilogy. He's had as much of an impact as Stack has when it comes to Marvel films
3. Avengers is good because it has both Iron Man and Cap America at the forefront of the film (Both leaders who lead differently)

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i think that might be a local thing for you. there were(and are) mad batman and superman fans out here on the west coast. id imagine since the reeves put in work on superman and adam west and burt ward put in on batman and robin as well as batman the animated series, that theyve had generational pop culture advantage for a long ass time that hasnt really dropped off. the rest of dc though, comic groups pushed the other characters, but thats to be expected
i dont think it was ever a "we hate DC" thing.
cause BTAS is one of my favorite (fukk cartoons) SHOWS ever.
just that it always felt like MARVELs characters just jumped out at you.
and when the Jim Lee X-Men started poppin off...
FUGGEDABOUTIT!

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
DC/WB rushed it.

Their "phase 1" shoulda been all Batman and Superman with a little WW. You can't watch The Dark Knight Returns and not feel robbed. BvS could've used a solo Batman flick beforehand. I would've liked to see a MOS 2 as well dealing with the fall out, politics and public perception relating to MOS, while Supes continues to figure himself out (and directly address all the "brooding" complaints of MOS). While I liked BvS, it's easy to admit DC missed an epic opportunity that could've blown the doors off the competition had they been patient.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
DC/WB rushed it.

Their "phase 1" shoulda been all Batman and Superman with a little WW. You can't watch The Dark Knight Returns and not feel robbed. BvS could've used a solo Batman flick beforehand. I would've liked to see a MOS 2 as well dealing with the fall out, politics and public perception relating to MOS, while Supes continues to figure himself out (and directly address all the "brooding" complaints of MOS). While I liked BvS, it's easy to admit DC missed an epic opportunity that could've blown the doors off the competition had they been patient.

Rushed with the old ass Batman as well..Ben Afleck will need a "reboot" as well.

Would have dome MoS 2 with Brainiac or Bizarro created by Lex...sneak his cousin into it to get the female audience.

Batman with Mr. Freeze or Two Face....do a character they haven't been able to pull off successfully. Joker and Bane have been perfected...

Green Lantern is the next popular character who deserves a solo....Idris as an older John Stewart or Will Smith if he hadn't done a shytty Deadshot.

Justice League with Martian, black GL and Flash...with WW, Bats and Supes.

Flash movie and have him time travel to "reboot" any characters who were not well received. :dame:

Daps
Rebuild and connect the tv verse with the movie verse. A Hulu or Netflix flash and lantern 6 episode mini series creating an origin story could've worked. Incorporate a young justice series in there and some low ranked DC origin stories on a smaller budget. A justice league dark too.