how long do u spend on a treadmill?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
42 today: 5 minute warmup run class, 10 minute warm-up run, 10 minute extra mile class

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
30 minutes cycling between running and walking, 2 mile minimum. When the song I’m listening to pumps me up, I turn it up to 6 speed, then go down to 3 or 3.5 when walking

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Ran my first marathon today, I finished, but it kicked my ass something serious. I was cool for the first 13 miles then my legs just started locking up

:mjcry:

Got my medal though

:umad:
How'd you prepare? I'm thinking I want to do a 5K first, then half marathon and then full marathon.

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How'd you prepare? I'm thinking I want to do a 5K first, then half marathon and then full marathon.

Honestly I didn’t prepare correctly for the marathon. I more or less trained for the half. I just said fukk it I’m doing the whole thing. I been running 9-10 miles 2-3 days a week, and my shorter distance like 2 miles I’ll try to sprint those. And for strength training, I use my light weights, and bands for lunges, and squats, and stuff. But training for the marathon I should’ve been running longer distances like 18-19-20 miles.

But if you’re going to start with the 5k. I would just focus on your breathing, getting your heat rate under control, and just running at a pace where you can complete it. The speed will come, once you get that breathing down, and that running technique.

When I first started running 9-10 miles, it was tough, but I just tried to run a little further past the spot I stopped at the previous day, until I eventually could just run it, then it becomes the same thing as the 5k. Get your breathing under control, run at a pace where you can run it all the way through the speed comes.

I am in no way an elite runner or anything, but I just put on my music and lock in.

Only other things, get some good shoes, water bottle, and put Vaseline on the bottom of your feet for blisters, and on your nipples, that chaffing shyt hurts

And this dude is good for tips and stuff

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pro tip: set a metronome to 180 bpm, put your foot down on each beat for 35 mins.

Jump rope the same way.

Works wonders for running/racing and cardio.

That's about 3 miles (5k) I'm a 10k guy but mixing this in has helped everything.