How come Macklemore became the new white Jesus of rap and yelawolf miller MGK Roth sit on the shelf?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
dont forget about asher roth dropping 5 official singles for his 2nd album that still has no release date

Ayo...that niccas' first album was called Asleep In The Bread Aisle. LMMAO

Da bloody hizzell was he talmbat??

MiC

Pro
Daps
dont forget about asher roth dropping 5 official singles for his 2nd album that still has no release date

Forgot him! First album only sold 205k with a big hit and then can't do shyt now. Added him to the title

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
That was his third single though. He was huge before that with hits rapping about buying cheap clothes instead of blowing hundreds on designer brands and then about making it big as an independent artist....

So you think he got signed to make an album after he put out his third single? That's not how it works. All that he was independent shyt is lies. Same lies labels have been using for a while to push artist so that their core fans feel almost responsible to support what ever project their favorite artist is attached to whether it be albums, mixtapes, shows, merchandise etc. No one makes it huge and wins awards and is all over the place without a machine.

Macklemore is willing to rap about shyt that corny cacs and other corny ass people feel safe listening to.

I wouldn't be surprised if macklemore was the rapper Cal21 was talking in that industry thread about being a gay rapper willing to do an album talking about those kind of topics with some other gay rapper

Last edited:
Daps
Hipster culture is extremely popular in middle class white america right now. and their the ONLY people who buy music anymore soooooooo...

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
MAcklemore is pop music.

Yellawolf is a mystery since he's in the vein of Eminem

Mac Miller selling 200K Indy is amazing. Dude is probably cakin hard.

MGK - ehh, didnt he sign with Diddy? That's his problem right there

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Because he makes hits. Close thread.

not necessarily. it took his 4th single to come out for his first 3 to sell.
so thats no hit maker. if thriftshop was his first single to come out, id say yes. but it took 4 singles and 2 years for him to finally do numbers.

also hes been around since 2000. so it took 12 years for him to get famous.
he doesnt make hits. he made one hit that then catapulted other shyt he already had released.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you think he got signed to make an album after he put out his third single? That's not how it works. All that he was independent shyt is lies. Same lies labels have been using for a while to push artist so that their core fans feel almost responsible to support what ever project their favorite artist is attached to whether it be albums, mixtapes, shows, merchandise etc. No one makes it huge and wins awards and is all over the place without a machine.

Macklemore is willing to rap about shyt that corny cacs and other corny ass people feel safe listening to.

I wouldn't be surprised if macklemore was the rapper Cal21 was talking in that industry thread about being a gay rapper willing to do an album talking about those kind of topics with some other gay rapper

Where did I say anything about him getting signed after his 3rd single? Where did I say anything about a single at all? My first sentence was "He's not really independent" didn't think I could be any clearer than that, maybe you quoted the wrong person I duno. He's pushed under a shady label but they're really owned by Warner Bros. and they used the "independent" thing as a marketing strategy, I even had independent in quotes to imply that it was in name only.