How come Batman can't be black?

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
How many cacs would go to the movies to watch it?
They want their superheroes white, they can't stand them nikkas doing nikka thangs...
It's good for the "regular" movies, but they ain't trying to see that.
Remember the scandal off of that black spider man? They :mjpls: and I guess they're cancelling the Ultimate Spiderman thing...I guess it ain't selling :patrice: wonder why :skip:

I liked Hancock though :manny:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Going off the Ben Affleck hoopla, I've always wondered why actors like Will Smith or Denzel ain't get a chance to play traditionally white super hero roles. I see hollywood do the reverse all the time. They take roles that should go to people of color and have a white person do it. Angelina Jolie played a black woman in that Daniel Pearl movie. Johnny Depp played an Indian in the Lone Ranger. Keanu Reeves is playing an asian in some new Samuri movie, etc.

Its almost like cacs can play any role including roles made for people of color. Yet, we can't be Batman or Superman because they were made white in the comics. Let just ignore the fact Superman is supposed to be an alien. :beli:

:camby:

Breh go sit your dumb ass down. Ole Tom Hanks last nikka on Earth ass nikka. :camby:

Some shyt has to be left alone... Hell, I wouldn't go see a Batman with a black Bruce Wayne because there was never an incarnation of the character that wasn't white. Stop trying to fukk shyt up. :camby:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Why when black super hero's are mentioned, with the Luke Cage and Black Panther, everyone always skips or sleeps on John the black Green Lantern. (John Stewart I believe).

If he could be portrayed like he was in JL I think that would be dope. He was like one of my top 5 fav characters on that show and honestly I would love to see a movie about him more than BP or Luke

Alot of people (cacs included) actually want the John Stewart Green Lantern in the Justice League movie. As I've read he was QUITE popular in the cartoon (which was a classic) as was his relationship with Hawkgirl so it's not that he's "skipped" over its just that compared to Black Panther and Luke Cage (who were original characters who set the precedent for their OWN powers, villains, and story lines) he's already gotten a lot of shine.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Alot of people (cacs included) actually want the John Stewart Green Lantern in the Justice League movie. As I've read he was QUITE popular in the cartoon (which was a classic) as was his relationship with Hawkgirl so it's not that he's "skipped" over its just that compared to Black Panther and Luke Cage (who were original characters who set the precedent for their OWN powers, villains, and story lines) he's already gotten a lot of shine.

Yeah Jon Stewart is the most popular version of GL to casual fans due to the animated series. Very well written in the show too, no bullshyt stereotypes or nothing. I hope they have him be the GL in the eventual Justice League movie.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah Jon Stewart is the most popular version of GL to casual fans due to the animated series. Very well written in the show too, no bullshyt stereotypes or nothing. I hope they have him be the GL in the eventual Justice League movie.

Yea I actually had a few friends who were mad at the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern movie like "Why they make Green Lantern White?" I had to school them on the history of the Lantern Corps lol

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
because people complain about make believe characters because ultimately for some sad reason they identify with them and any change ruins there world.

It is sad thread starter has to make these kind of threads and people come in and justify there reasons why they are for and against it when non of it really matters.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
:camby:

Breh go sit your dumb ass down. Ole Tom Hanks last nikka on Earth ass nikka. :camby:

Some shyt has to be left alone... Hell, I wouldn't go see a Batman with a black Bruce Wayne because there was never an incarnation of the character that wasn't white. Stop trying to fukk shyt up. :camby:
Maybe cause you a cac from Boston? :yeshrug: